Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tell me why A&M has a chance thursday?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Tell me why A&M has a chance thursday?

Aug 27, 2014, 8:37 AM

I don't see it, I can't even see why they are ranked, they lost their star quarterback and reciever, which was pretty much their offense last year, lost a good bit on defense and the O-line as well from a pretty good, but not great team that finished 9-4. Anyone care to convince me why they will win in Columbia?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure I can convince you, but

Aug 27, 2014, 8:40 AM

the coots lost to Tennessee last year.

A couple of turnovers here and there, and anything can happen.

I think it's coots by 10 at least tomorrow, but it's not like A&M is fielding some scrubs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Yes but loss to Tennessee was on the road. The Cawks

Aug 27, 2014, 8:44 AM

haven't lost at home in quiet some time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

So your saying the cawks win?***

Aug 27, 2014, 8:48 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I'm a frayed sew***

Aug 27, 2014, 8:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Yes, I'm a frayed sew***

Aug 27, 2014, 8:52 AM

I'm still holding out hope that they pull a South Carolina and lose it. Or that perhaps they are vastly over rated.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point well made!

Aug 27, 2014, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Yes but loss to Tennessee was on the road. The Cawks ]

I think coots win.

But that streak has to end sometime!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

100% agree with this guy right here***

Aug 27, 2014, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Not sure I can convince you, but ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

They've recruited very well and will have weapons

Aug 27, 2014, 8:41 AM

The OL won't be great but should still be very good. Their QB is young but talented and is a running threat. Their D really can't get much worse then last year imo so I'd expect some improvement. SC's weakness is it's DL and Secondary, at least for now and A&M has the talent to exploit it if the OL can keep their QB upright.

I still don't expect them to win but they have a chance

Re: Tell me why A&M has a chance thursday?

Aug 27, 2014, 8:42 AM

You just described Clemson.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 27, 2014, 8:44 AM

TAMU's offense give basic defenses like ALA, LSU and to a lesser extent usc - fits.

usc's defense is down.

They may be able to outscore usc.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Their offense will probably be OK similar to how we

Aug 27, 2014, 8:46 AM

have faith in Chad Morris to keep ours going after losing Watkings, Boyd, Bryant, etc. Their offense won't be as good without Manziel, Evans, and 6th overall pick Jake Matthews, but it should still be pretty good.

The issue for A&M is that their defense was ranked in the 90-100 range in pretty much every major category last season. They were just brutally bad on that side of the ball, and I don't know how much they will be able to improve.

Imagine Clemson with our current 2014 offense, but with the 2012 defense fresh off the OB debacle. That's basically where A&M is right now... How would we feel about that team?

Capons typically dont play their best on opening night ..

Aug 27, 2014, 8:46 AM

but usually claw out a W because other team plays worse.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two words: Johnny Football

Aug 27, 2014, 8:47 AM

Two more words: aint there

What does Texas M&M have?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrp815ctBiA

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They don't. They and Ole Miss filled the SEC quota

Aug 27, 2014, 8:55 AM

in the rankings but they don't deserve either spot.

Kevin Sumlin is a good coach, but they have a talent drop this year. He'll have them back in the next couple of years.

I'm not believing the SC hype...

Aug 27, 2014, 8:55 AM

The QB is average, Mike Davis is already injured again, there are no star wide receivers, the DL doesn't look like it has anyone who can rush the passer, and the secondary has question marks.

South Carolina probably wins, but they're not an elite team this year by any means. Really the whole SEC East completely sucks this year though other than UGA and SC, which is why so many people are giving them a chance.

Generally speaking....

Aug 27, 2014, 9:00 AM

whenever $CU is picked to win the East, it's because the rest of the Division is down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

almost like walking into jordan-hare as a big12 team with

Aug 27, 2014, 8:59 AM

a new hc & a rs freshman qb or missouri winning the sec least.

not a chance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2014, 9:16 AM

I don't see it, I can't even see why they are ranked, they lost their star quarterback and reciever, which was pretty much their offense last year, lost a good bit on defense and the O-line as well from a pretty good, but not great team that finished 9-4. Anyone care to convince me why they will win in Columbia?

They don't have a chance in Hades unless the wheels have completely fallen off the coot machine. I think we have a better chance but it would be an upset if we pulled it off this year.

You guys have the best chance of coot thumping because it's a lights out rivalry and as we know anything can happen. Lightning is due to strike in your favor this year hope it's on them and not us.

by the way...

Aug 27, 2014, 9:22 AM

we can see the previous post without opening yours

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Aug 27, 2014, 9:17 AM

They're in the SEC.

Aug 27, 2014, 9:31 AM

The only reason I think A&M has a chance is because the Coots don't typically start hot right out the gate... They have struggled in the past on their Thursday opening games. Secondarily, I think A&M's defense will be much improved this year and they still do have a few studs at the skill positions... Hopefully they can make some noise early and take the USuCk crowd out the game. Overall though, I think the Coots will win and I actually think they cover the spread ultimately.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic