Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fvckers up here in CT. keep asking me if
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Fvckers up here in CT. keep asking me if

Jul 24, 2019, 6:12 PM

I'm from Texas.

My response: REMEMBER THE ALAMO!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember in 1981 the people at ......

Jul 24, 2019, 6:16 PM

the pool kept asking is Clemson in Texas?

Guess what they know where we're at now! Or at least they should.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In Australia they couldn't figure out where I was from.

Jul 24, 2019, 6:17 PM

Blew them away when we said we were from the US. And specifically SC. Of course they equate that with "Gone With the Wind", to which we replied that was a fake accent. Then I proceeded to do my best Awthuh Ravunel and Foghorn Leghorn accent and explained that is the accent Hollywood TRIES to imitate. Blew then away hearing that lowcountry drawl at least semi-authentic for the first time. They really thought we talk like they do in Prince of Tides.

I will return one day to Australia. That place was awesome.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DONT GO CALLING CLARK GABLE FAKE!***

Jul 24, 2019, 6:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm calling his accent fake. Yes. Absolutely.

Jul 24, 2019, 6:44 PM

I'm calling nearly everything Hollywood has ever produced fake when it comes to the southern accent.

Honestly, Foghorn Leghorn (Mel Blanc) is the closest approximation to a southern accent that ever came out of Kallyfornya. Robert Duvall does a decent accent too, but it's the generic southern accent. Then again, that lowcountry SC accent they LOVE is the one they screw up the most. And that accent was done best by Mel Blanc with Foghorn Leghorn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At a pool in BHP?***

Jul 24, 2019, 6:28 PM [ in reply to I remember in 1981 the people at ...... ]

Ft. Lauderdale Bahia Mar Hotel. ******

Jul 24, 2019, 6:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, for NCG.***

Jul 24, 2019, 8:26 PM

Yes and I'm showing my age lol ******

Jul 24, 2019, 8:36 PM

Tejas and Georgia have very distinct accents.

Jul 24, 2019, 6:16 PM

So does the SC lowcountry. Beyond that, everyone just has a generic southern accent, or mountain redneck accent. There's like 4-5 southern accent flavors. You can toss in Cajun and Gullah I guess.

In the CSRA, we sound like when the red

Jul 24, 2019, 6:24 PM

clay and sand meet.

Clemson, Pickens, Seneca have the mountain accent.

One place that has always flummoxed me with accents

Jul 24, 2019, 6:30 PM

is Horry County, specifically the Green Sea, Cool Springs, Loris area. That area has a VERY distinct accent that emphasizes the letter "I".

Used to pick on my cousin saying "I liiiiiike to eat niiiiiice liiiiiight whiiiiiite riiiiiiice at niiiight". Ticked her off every time. It's weird because it's just a little pocket near the sea where they sound more like they're from the mountains.

That's montainesque.***

Jul 24, 2019, 6:31 PM

I know. But 20 miles from the ocean is not where you

Jul 24, 2019, 6:36 PM

expect to hear that. And it's not even the whole county either. Southern Horry has a lowcountry accent.

No, a Pee Dee accent.***

Jul 24, 2019, 7:49 PM

Closer to mountains though than the sea

Jul 25, 2019, 8:29 AM

As far as accents go.

I had an aunt and uncle and 7 cousins

Jul 24, 2019, 6:37 PM [ in reply to One place that has always flummoxed me with accents ]

from Seneca. Talked just like that except my aunt who grew up in Edgefield.

My uncle owned Harper's Dime stores in Clemson, Seneca, and Toccoa. Used to be like Christmas for us up staying with then for a week in the summers.

They asked the same thing..

Jul 24, 2019, 6:17 PM

the only time I went to NYC, when I was 12.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah get that all thu time

Jul 24, 2019, 6:22 PM

Specially after I say “Howdee”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Howdy? Did you also go to .....

Jul 24, 2019, 6:31 PM

Texas A&M? Good people.

Well...

Jul 24, 2019, 6:25 PM

Are yee?

GTFO. Hellll no.***

Jul 24, 2019, 6:26 PM

“Hellll” with the unusual use of four L’s is indicative

Jul 24, 2019, 6:36 PM

of Odessa/El Paso area lineage...who the hellll you tryin to fool???

El Paso? Spent a month there one

Jul 24, 2019, 6:49 PM

Night.

The correct answer to that question is fuckTexas.***

Jul 24, 2019, 7:13 PM

born and raised here in ole Mt P

Jul 24, 2019, 7:55 PM

Mom from Cola and dad Williston

I’ve been told my whole life I have no accent whatsoever.

It’s kinda strange, most people think I’m perpetually stoned by my voice, so there’s that, and I’m not

Your dad be CSRA SKRONG.***

Jul 24, 2019, 8:25 PM

you know you are in the sticks when you go to

Jul 25, 2019, 9:34 AM

a hyphenated high school Williston-Elko.

He actually still owns some land there, but we haven't been through in ages

oh and he did live on Clemson street next door to his uncle.***

Jul 25, 2019, 9:37 AM

weird....I've just assumed you were perpetually stoned

Jul 25, 2019, 8:34 AM [ in reply to born and raised here in ole Mt P ]

because of your poasts and pigs

Just from the Phish references alone, I always figured he

Jul 25, 2019, 9:12 AM

had to be.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't stereotype me

Jul 25, 2019, 9:36 AM

I'm a drunk not a stoner

Tell 'em you are from East Texas

Jul 24, 2019, 8:44 PM

To them, obviously, everything East of Texas is Texas.

Steroetypical, Racist Aashuuls...

e

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

I worked in accounts in New Mexico many years ago and that's

Jul 25, 2019, 8:48 AM

what everybody I talked to asked...if I was from Texas, and occasionally they'd say from Georgia. I'd throw'em for a loop and tell them I was from Boston.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I was at Clemson (prior millennium)

Jul 25, 2019, 9:14 AM

I was constantly asked where I was from (Charleston, via LA-Lower Alabama). Too often I was asked if I was from Chicago...had never been there...didn't know that accent. Apparently, as Southerners go, I don't have much of an accent. A few years post-grad and being in Chicago, I can't fathom how anyone thought I was from there! LOL! Perhaps those who questioned had never been there, either.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My people have been in Rock Hill since before there WAS a

Jul 25, 2019, 9:41 AM

Rock Hill...so my accent is genetic. The ones that always amaze me are the people born around here but their parents came from somewhere else and their accent is an odd merger of the two. I always marvel at my son's fiance...born and raised in Atlanta and always lived there until moving to Rock Hill a couple of years ago, but her parents are from Delaware. You can hear elements of both in the same the same sentence.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably because they heard only steers and qweers

Jul 25, 2019, 9:35 AM

come from Texas.

Take that how you want...

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic