Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Trevor Lawrence to Tony Elliott before scrimmage: "I'm ready, coach"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 6,696

New Story: Trevor Lawrence to Tony Elliott before scrimmage: "I'm ready, coach"

Mar 31, 2018, 8:01 AM

Trevor Lawrence to Tony Elliott before scrimmage: "I'm ready, coach"

Clemson co-offensive coordinator Tony Elliott praised Clemson’s offense after Wednesday’s stadium scrimmage, including freshman quarterbacks Trevor Lawrence and Chace Brice. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Trevor Lawrence to Tony Elliott before scrimmage:

Mar 31, 2018, 9:02 AM

“That’s probably the thing with him just his calm demeanor, the way y'all see him every single day, that’s the same way he is in the pocket. He just has a natural pocket presence that you just can’t coach, the special ones have that,” Elliott said.

Again, I know it’s too early to know for sure and the comparison may not be fair at this point but this is another thing that separates DW4 from a lot of other great quarterbacks. I’m really excited to see how TL’s career will play out at Clemson. My gut tells me that this guy will be in the same conversation as Watson as far as who the GOAT is when it’s all said and done. Sorry Supermutt but you and I both know the best QB in last year’s class is in Clemson so how about just keeping your silly little Georgia practice reports on your team’s website. Nobody here cares. TIA

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2018, 9:41 AM

I’d have to say you are spot on. Well said. There’s been endless discussion on the qbs. Most of it has been well intended. We just want the best. The coaches are going to have to make some tough decisions imo. You didn’t hear anything close to this recognition last year.

As good as KB is, that pocket presence tends to break down. Everyone said the first couple years he was here was because he wasn’t the starter... I’ve always said he’s the hometown hero, a great kid, and a good college qb, it’s no put down on saying he isn’t the best qb we have.

I’m not sure what would be better, start KB and work TL in or just go with him from day one. I do know one thing, TL aint gonna ride the pine too long. I think we could see a 2 qb situation for a few games.

Going to be fun! Go Tigers .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The cool thing is that TL doesn't have to start the first...

Mar 31, 2018, 9:50 AM

few games and can be brought along slowly to an extent. He will get plenty of PT and will be throwing to quality WR's even in that role for a few games. He will have a great opportunity to make his point.

Similar situation to 2017 Alabama

Mar 31, 2018, 10:05 AM

I expect to win games with defense and the running game.

KB2 will be the starter. Like Jalen Hurts, KB2's job is to manage the offense and not lose ballgames. KB2 is a better passer than Hurts with better WRs to throw to. That should be good enough to take us back to the playoffs.

By December, one of the other QBs should be ready to take over, if needed, like how Tua did in the championship game.

KB will be a waste of a DL this season

Mar 31, 2018, 10:11 AM

KB should have lost his starting job after Syracuse.

When he was crippled?

Mar 31, 2018, 10:24 AM

Never again coot....

Lose it to whom?

Mar 31, 2018, 11:01 AM [ in reply to KB will be a waste of a DL this season ]

Zerrick Cooper was not the answer and Hunter Johnson struggled to beat out Cooper.

KB was in no shape to play against Syracuse because of his ankle injury, but when healthy, he was the best we had and it wasn’t close.

Re: Lose it to whom?

Mar 31, 2018, 4:37 PM

Cut the sh*t on that...Johnson didn’t pass Cooper because he was a freshman...that’s the only reason why....Johnson ran circles around Cooper at the QB position.

Why doesn’t anyone want to admit Dabo has a loyalty problem? I love the guy just as much as the next person but it’s obvious. I mean, it’s fine...it is what it is...

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Mar 31, 2018, 5:51 PM

Johnson had the best arm, but was prone to freshman mistakes, like not seeing the safety over the top against SCar. He got a lot of "coaching" from Dabo on game management.

Johnson did pass Cooper, but not by Syracuse. We had a bye after Syracuse. After recovering, KB owned the starting job.

Mar 31, 2018, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Lose it to whom? ]

He’s got a loyalty problem. Stoudt was a joke at quarterback and he started him over Watson.

Mar 31, 2018, 10:06 PM

Yeah, he'd be starting Fuller over Feaster and Etienne if it weren't for the cuffs. I mean, why won't he play big Dex and Wilkins over Huggins??? Dabo is strictly seniority isn't he?

I get an instant migraine reading these posts...

Mar 31, 2018, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Lose it to whom? ]

That's bull crap. Hunter Johnson was never going to start because Dabo goes by seniority. I could tell from the plays that HJ made that he should have started over KB by a mile.

Here’s a preview of what Clemson led by WHOEVER plays qb

Mar 31, 2018, 11:32 AM [ in reply to KB will be a waste of a DL this season ]

will do to your precious dirt peckers again this year. Enjoy another mediocre season with your all world wonder boy Bentley. You better hope he doesn’t get hurt because you have no one ready behind him.

that's why you make $6.73 Million less than Dabo!***

Mar 31, 2018, 11:34 AM [ in reply to KB will be a waste of a DL this season ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Tell 'em capon

Mar 31, 2018, 1:41 PM [ in reply to KB will be a waste of a DL this season ]

Re: KB will be a waste of a DL this season

Mar 31, 2018, 6:43 PM [ in reply to KB will be a waste of a DL this season ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2018, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Trevor Lawrence to Tony Elliott before scrimmage: ]

one thing if TL only stays 3 years like everyone thinks, then Chase Bryce will have one more year. We all have our opinions, but we don't see practice. And all this praise on TL maybe just to push KB to see if he can get it done. We shall see!

Re: New Story: Trevor Lawrence to Tony Elliott before scrimmage: "I'm ready, coach"

Mar 31, 2018, 10:34 AM

Put me in coach. I'm ready to play. Today. John Fogerty.
Give him the reins.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Elliot better check the latest Tnet posts

Mar 31, 2018, 11:32 AM

before coming to a conclusion!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I wish we had . . .

Mar 31, 2018, 11:45 AM

a better solution when KB was hurt. We evidently did not. I do not think that will be the case this year, with whomever gets the nod and needs help.

Tell 'em coot

Mar 31, 2018, 1:40 PM

90-17

they will put lawrence in bad situations

Mar 31, 2018, 2:03 PM

so he cant show out at the spring game..wouldnt want him showing up bryant

Possibly and that's OK. But they won't let TL get hurt

Mar 31, 2018, 4:44 PM

Only improve his game against the best front line in country ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 6,696
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic