Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember in the national championship game against LSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Remember in the national championship game against LSU

Sep 21, 2020, 11:22 AM

when our CO-OCs went away from ETN in the 2nd half even though he was unstoppable? Tony Elliott even commented on it after going back and watching film that it was a mistake. I thought he learned from that, but watching the game on Saturday it appears as though he's doing THE SAME DANG THING!

How many carries did ETN have in the 2nd half against Citadel, anyone know? I'm guessing it wasn't a lot just going from memory, and it's no coincidence that we weren't scoring points. You have to get the ball into the hands of your playmakers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Remember in the national championship game against LSU

Sep 21, 2020, 11:26 AM

Why risk injury to ETN when the passing game could not be stopped ?Don’t get me wrong I love seeing him run and it would get him stats . However I can see why Elliot did not run too much .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2020, 11:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

what kind of bait are you using?

Sep 21, 2020, 12:00 PM

I don't get sarcasm?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

P U Stink is my go to.***

Sep 21, 2020, 12:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

He was averaging 8.5 yards per carry and 11 yards per catch

Sep 21, 2020, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Remember in the national championship game against LSU ]

and yet our OC didn't use him at all in the 2nd half? We ended up winning anyway, but if Citadel had managed to complete their comeback and gotten the win, it would have been a direct result of Elliott's decision to abandon ETN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I'm glad they pulled Trevor before he started messing up.

Sep 21, 2020, 11:32 AM

He was about to start throwing interceptions when they put DJ and Puma in.

Before you fair weather, band wagon fans start flaming... Remember to check your meters!

;)

Sep 21, 2020, 11:33 AM

We also have a young group of running backs that we need to get on film and game experience, plus we ran a bunch of our 2nd string lineman to try and get them ready for later on in the season. We have bigger games ahead of us for risking injury against the Citadel.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See, it's that participation trophy mindset of "everyone should get

Sep 21, 2020, 11:37 AM

equal playing time" that holds us back every year. This is big time college football where only the best players should play. Emptying the bench does nothing but stunt our development on the scoreboard. Sad!

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

I remember LSU cheating

Sep 21, 2020, 11:35 AM

And not throwing the mandatory 2 ints.

Our fault though..we know there is no honor in the sec....outside Vandy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

The depth of your sarcasm made me chuckle audibly . . .

Sep 21, 2020, 11:35 AM

but then I looked to see who posted . . . and I realized the seriousness of your convictions . . .

It must be your prophetic disposition that makes you the problem solver we've grown to appreciate!!!
Thanks for helping us "toe the line"!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so instead of LOL you actually COL? (chuckled out loud)

Sep 21, 2020, 12:02 PM

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice sarcasm. Will anyone bite?

he has a stinger full.

It's not sarcasm. Everything I said is true and accurate.***

Sep 21, 2020, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Remember in the national championship game against LSU ]

2 & O..

Sep 21, 2020, 12:25 PM

but lucky! LOL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2020, 12:27 PM

Comparing the National Championship game to the scrimmage against the Citadel is like comparing National Championships won by Clemson to the number of ACC Titles won by the coots.

That would be 3 to 1.

The coots have nothing to do with this.

Sep 21, 2020, 12:56 PM

I'm not comparing anything, just pointing out that our OC is making the same mistake he said he would correct. SMH

Sep 21, 2020, 12:33 PM

Why bring up that game ,I had almost put it out of my brain.

I'd originally thought it was all J. Scott's doing...but

Sep 21, 2020, 12:50 PM

now not so sure. Hopefully Tony will learn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many times does it take for him to learn though?

Sep 21, 2020, 12:57 PM

At the major D1 level you'd think losing the natty would be enough to learn from.

A coach (or general) that doesn't recognize the flow of the

Sep 21, 2020, 4:06 PM

game is a problem.

It's not just about strategy. Tactics have to be flexible and real time.

Tell Biden I said "Hi" basement dweller

Sep 21, 2020, 4:14 PM

:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can tell that you are a true alumnus fan!***

Sep 21, 2020, 4:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic