Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Teddy Bridgewater OVERRATED
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 2,828

Teddy Bridgewater OVERRATED

Jun 25, 2013, 11:15 PM

Bridgewater has become everyone's golden boy at QB this offseason after they beat Florida in their bowl game last year. All of the ESPN analysts that put him over Tahj are hacks. The ACC may not be the mighty SEC" (I say that with a lot of sarcasm) but have they looked at who Louisville played last year? A joke

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Teddy Bridgewater OVERRATED

Jun 25, 2013, 11:24 PM

you have not watched much football. Bridgewater is the best QB in the country. if you do not believe that then he is at least in your top 3. The man is great at reading defenses, throwing the ball and decision making.

You probably think Tajh can do nothing bad but let me tell you he can and so can bridgewater, but at the end of the day bridgewater is more than likely better at this point. Hopefully by december '13 Tajh will be but right now its hard to say he is.

Tajh has a better OC and WR and bridgwater still looks better on the eye test.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well aren't you in a awfully pessimistic mood tonight***

Jun 25, 2013, 11:30 PM

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: well aren't you in a awfully pessimistic mood tonight***

Jun 25, 2013, 11:33 PM

I'm not happy till we are 14-0. If we are 11-2 then we did something wrong. I take on a coaches mentality. Lets let our LB show me something. How about our secondary grow some balls.

Honestly, I think tajh is about the #5 or #6 QB in the country but i think he can become the #1 QB. He just needs to become more humble and continue to progress as much as he has.

Bridgewater is very good. You saw that against a very good UF defense,

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But he doesn't play at Clemson, so he's automatically worse.***

Jun 25, 2013, 11:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Teddy Bridgewater OVERRATED ]

Re: But he doesn't play at Clemson, so he's automatically worse.***

Jun 25, 2013, 11:40 PM

lol at kickoff thats how I feel. I just like to be difficult before kickoff.

BTW I'm no coot. Graduated 3.97 GPA from clemson, donate as much money as possible, and still proud that Danny is in the ring of honor now :)

We can do without smart remarks from coots

Jun 26, 2013, 8:18 AM [ in reply to But he doesn't play at Clemson, so he's automatically worse.*** ]

This is a Tiger board. If you don't like what we say, then either remain silent, or go to FGF.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jun 26, 2013, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Teddy Bridgewater OVERRATED ]

Watch college football every Thurs and Sat during college football season. Politely disagree with you on Bridgewater. Think he is a media darling much like Logan Thomas/Matt Barkley. You need to learn that just cause Mel Kyper or the like say he is good, doesnt really mean he is good.

Disagree

Jun 26, 2013, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Teddy Bridgewater OVERRATED ]

I live in Louisville and I have watched the cards with great interest. Bridgewater is a great talent, but he is not better than Tajh. Bridgewater looked good last year because of weak opponents. Against Syracuse he panicked and made bad decisions. He had the good fortune of playing a MEDIOCRE Florida team on a national stage and had a good night. One good night against a mediocre team does not a great QB make.

Re: Disagree

Jun 26, 2013, 8:14 AM

^^^^^^^^what he said

Have to disagree, he is really good. I will tell you who is

Jun 25, 2013, 11:33 PM

overrated, AJ McCarron. He can't even throw for 3000 yards with nation's most talented team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ding ding

Jun 25, 2013, 11:35 PM

AJ is very good at being a "yes man" type of QB. That is what Saben needs so props to saben doing it year after year.

AJ is solid but on any other team he is like a chase retig. I'm not even willing to put him with Renner, Shaw, or the the guy at Duke last year who's name slips my mind.

Re: ding ding

Jun 25, 2013, 11:59 PM

Sean Renfree

Re: ding ding

Jun 26, 2013, 12:05 AM

Thank you sir

Everyone OVERRATES The Angry Birds at football***

Jun 25, 2013, 11:43 PM

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Maybe. He's certainly the media favorite.

Jun 25, 2013, 11:44 PM

I'd take Tajh over Bridgewater any day. [1]
Posted: Jun 15, 2013 5:28 PM

Teddy Bridgewater is a very good QB, but I don't remember him being in any "Best QB" conversations until Louisville "shocked" FLA in the Sugar Bowl. Overnight he was the greatest QB in the history of the universe. Again, I mean no disrespect to Bridgewater; he probably does belong in the conversation at this point, but I'm convinced that a great deal of the Bridgewater lovefest is based off of one game and the media frenzy that followed.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=13987453#13987453

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Maybe. He's certainly the media favorite.

Jun 25, 2013, 11:46 PM

He was also a hot topic with the media. He had some injuries though that hurt him. Guy is a fighter.

And also the media talks about him a lot.***

Jun 25, 2013, 11:54 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jun 25, 2013, 11:57 PM

You know why he's the golden boy? Because he's the real freakin' deal. You must not watch much college football. He's by far the most NFL ready QB in college and a top 3 player in the whole country alongside Clowney. Bridgewater isn't overrated at all, as a matter of fact, I'm surprised he doesn't get more publicity for the talent he has.

Jun 26, 2013, 8:13 AM

Bet you dollars to donuts, his NFL career features a lot of time on the bench.

Jun 26, 2013, 12:32 AM

Nah he looks like the real deal on the field. If anything, I would say he was under rated until last year gave him some exposure.

Bridgewater is not overrated

Jun 26, 2013, 1:18 AM

He is a baller. So is the Oregon QB. And from all accounts, Jameis Winston is the second coming of Cam Newton (I have to see him play in a game before I buy into that one). But to say Tajh is the 5th or 6th best is selling him a little short. I can't remember a time when I saw as much heart as I did when he led us to a W against LSU. He got DRILLED on nearly every play, and was still money. Tajh is definitely top 3 in the country IMO (maybe I'm biased).

Re: Maybe. He's certainly the media favorite.

Jun 26, 2013, 5:27 AM

Nobody really knew who Manziel was either....till they beat "Bama".

Let Bridgewater, Johnny brat, McCarron, etc., have the limelight.

Tajh is a LEADER, and with hard working humility and constant motivation from all the "expert" doubters out there, is going to LEAD his TEAM to greatness.

Tajh cares nothing about personal recognition, but rather TEAM accomplishments. Tiger Nation and their quiet, humble and hard working quarterback will have the last laugh!

Feel free to tweet that!!

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh, no he's not. He's the real deal. I agree their S.O.S.

Jun 26, 2013, 8:57 AM

isn't the best. But he plays big in big games and to me, that's the measure of greatness.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Like the fourth quarter interception he threw against

Jun 26, 2013, 9:18 AM

Syracuse to secure their humiliating defeat last year. Riiight.

Replies: 24
| visibility 2,828
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic