Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tech question..I have a smart tv, connected to my home wi-fi
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Tech question..I have a smart tv, connected to my home wi-fi

Jun 6, 2016, 8:54 PM

How do I get ESPN3 to the tv? I have it on my computer. My wi-fi network shows up in the tv menu, but I can't get internet on the tv.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tech question..I have a smart tv, connected to my home wi-fi

Jun 6, 2016, 9:04 PM

Unless your SmartTV is high end it probably won't stream over wireless very well. Suggest you just hook a laptop to tv with HDMI cable and view it that way. You could also screencast it from you watchespn app to the tv . . .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Apple TV

Jun 6, 2016, 10:05 PM

Don't buy the new version. See if you can find the one before the upgrade. It's less than a hundred bucks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2016, 9:08 PM

I have not so smart, smart tvs. I got a Roku for one. The other one I tried a amazon firestick. Both let me watch espn3 on my tvs. In general they work about the same. The firestick costs less.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2016, 9:20 PM

Couple of ways.

1. Check your TV's "smart" menu to see if the ESPN3 (WatchESPN) app is already installed. If it is, you're good to go.

2. If it's not already pre-installed, do a search of available apps via the TV remote to see if you can add it to your app menu. If it is, it's just a couple of clicks to add it. Many smart TV's come with a handful of apps pre-installed but have many other apps available that you have to manually select and do a one time install. It's usually very simple.

3. Purchase a stand-alone streaming device such as Amazon Fire Stick, Roku, or Chromecast and connect it to your TV. All these come with ESPN3 functionality and you can stream via your Wifi to your TV.

4. Lastly, use an HDMI cable to connect your laptop to your TV and watch it that way. Your laptop will stream the ESPN3 programming to your TV via the HDMI cable. This is a pain, but it does work.

I'm no expert, but hope it helps you some.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

I think you hit it, I need the Espn app on the TV. I have no

Jun 6, 2016, 9:51 PM

problem connecting to and streaming Netflix & Amazon, because those apps are pre-loaded. I have gone in the menu and don't see anything about adding other apps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think you hit it, I need the Espn app on the TV. I have no

Jun 6, 2016, 9:56 PM

Yeah....my tvs won't let me add apps either.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that's the case, #3 and #4 are your only options.

Jun 6, 2016, 9:57 PM [ in reply to I think you hit it, I need the Espn app on the TV. I have no ]

For instance, I have a Samsung "smart" TV (maybe 4 years old) that didn't have the ESPN3 app available. So I bought an Amazon Fire Stick (about $49) and watched last night's baseball game on my 55" big screen via Wifi.

Good luck!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Jun 6, 2016, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Tech question..I have a smart tv, connected to my home wi-fi ]

nn

Message was edited by: longtallsam®

Jun 6, 2016, 9:21 PM

I remember now how my step son got it on mine. he went through my xbox.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2016, 9:29 PM

I know it's not a big help, but ur generally much better off buying a non-smart tv and using Apple TV or Roku. Cheaper too.

Jun 6, 2016, 9:54 PM

Extra long HDMI cord. Best way to do it.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't need long hdmi cord

Jun 6, 2016, 10:19 PM

Get a lightning hdmi adapter and stream from ur iPhone with a short cord

Adjust the antenna on the roof to point to Bristol***

Jun 6, 2016, 11:14 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic