Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tech is top 25. Louisville and FSU are top 10.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,621

Tech is top 25. Louisville and FSU are top 10.

Apr 20, 2015, 9:17 AM

I think we are peaking. I think we are a very good team right now. We will know soon enough if it's just the schedule as some suggest or if it's for real. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you saying that Tech, Louisvlle, and FSU

Apr 20, 2015, 9:24 AM

wouldn't want to play us right now?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Are you saying that Tech, Louisvlle, and FSU

Apr 20, 2015, 9:31 AM

I want some of what he is drinking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you saying that Tech, Louisvlle, and FSU

Apr 20, 2015, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Are you saying that Tech, Louisvlle, and FSU ]

Bob, I told the guys in another thread that Jack and I think a lot alike. Doesn't make it correct :). But, yes. If their scouts are diligent and up-to-date, I don't think they would want to play us. Our record and ranking are not indicative of who we are today. I don't think anyone is chomping at the bit to face Crownover, and now Zach has discovered this awesome split finger fast ball. How many times have we seen one pitch change a pitchers career trajectory? And, though I don't know who's starting Sunday, I wouldn't be gung-ho to face any of the other 3 likely starters given the way that they are pitching today.

I promise Louisville isn't scared of us.

Apr 20, 2015, 11:31 AM

They're the best team in the nation.

Tech is 9-12 in the ACC, and was just swept by BC.

Apr 20, 2015, 9:43 AM

They also have a series loss to a bad North Carolina team. They are not a Top 25 team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GT is still 17 in RPI as of today. UNC is 23 and was

Apr 20, 2015, 10:01 AM

projected last week by BA to host a regional. BC is 50 in RPI - 5 spots ahead of the Coots and 19 spots ahead of us.

If we can play .500 ball against UL, FSU and GT then our RPI should jump pretty good. Have to win the midweek games. We're not out of the tourney yet.

And don't get me wrong...by no means should any kind of finish save JLs job.

You've essentially layed bare the flaws in the RPI.

Apr 20, 2015, 10:17 AM

Georgia Tech has been swept twice in ACC play - the first was by Louisville. Ranked teams don't ever get swept, but they especially don't get swept by a Northern bottom feeder.

Boston College was 6-11 in ACC play, coming into the weekend. Their overall record had been boosted by wins over truly putrid out of conference competition - Harvard, Northeastern, Holy Cross, Villanova, Xavier and other assorted hot garbage.

There might be 2 ranked teams in the ACC. I haven't seen enough of Florida State and Louisville to know if they are legitimate. But Georgia Tech, North Carolina and Virginia shouldn't be in the conversation - but are because of their history, not their on-field accomplishments.

You obviously haven't watched other leagues this year

Apr 20, 2015, 10:36 AM

too closely(or you're choosing to ignore)and the inconsistencies in those. There are also a lot more losses in top 10 of RPI than usual-- there truly is a lot of parity/lack of depth on the better teams and this years tourney is going to be ridiculous. Bottomline is the NCAA uses RPI as their primary statistical tool for bids and seeding-- so it matters a lot more than well, your opinion. I also wouldn't be took quick to write off some of the non-traditional teams based on names on the front of the jersey.

The RPI has always been a bad predictor of quality.

Apr 20, 2015, 12:20 PM

Baseball scheduling is so incredibly regional that it tends to over-value Southern teams (who have crap teams to play and amass win totals) and undervalue Western teams (who essentially beat the crap out of each other). It's been that way since the beginning of time - and you can look up all the statistical comparisons you want, from Boyd's World to SEBaseball archives.

I don't think North Carolina, Georgia Tech or Virginia are any where close to being a regional host based on their accomplishments in weekend series. All of them have looked like garbage when playing teams with a pulse, all of them are shallow in pitching depth. Their resumes are built on the strength of midweek games, which is dubious at best.

I expect all three of them to be right where Clemson is after the Regional round - watching the Super Regionals on television.

Re: You've essentially layed bare the flaws in the RPI.

Apr 20, 2015, 11:29 AM [ in reply to You've essentially layed bare the flaws in the RPI. ]

"Georgia Tech has been swept twice in ACC play - the first was by Louisville. Ranked teams don't ever get swept, but they especially don't get swept by a Northern bottom feeder."

With that statement you lost any shred of credibility. Louisville is 30-9, 19-2 in the ACC, and has been to the College World Series in 2013 and 2014. I have a really hard time seeing how they can be classified as a "northern bottom feeder".

They were swept by Boston College - the bottom feeder.***

Apr 20, 2015, 12:05 PM

Yep, we tore it up against them.***

Apr 20, 2015, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: You've essentially layed bare the flaws in the RPI. ]

Are you saying we're better than GT, UNC, and UVA?

Apr 20, 2015, 11:36 AM [ in reply to You've essentially layed bare the flaws in the RPI. ]

Because I don't think we are. GT has a better record against a tougher schedule. UVA just won the series against a top 10 team in Miami and has finally gotten their best position player back. We won 2 close games and lost 1 close one to UNC, but the rest of their body of work suggests a better team than us. Not sure why you're picking on those 3 when all 3 have better bodies of work than we do.

Is that you, Jack?***

Apr 20, 2015, 10:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,621
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic