Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jimbo Fisher had 9 months to scheme for Clemson,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Jimbo Fisher had 9 months to scheme for Clemson,

Jan 20, 2019, 2:23 PM

an offensive and defensive scheme he was already familiar with, a home crowd of over 100,000 and the game of their life from several players with a few lucky breaks thrown in. I haven’t heard our fan base use that as an excuse - oh that’s right. We still won the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry Clemson haters,

Jan 20, 2019, 2:33 PM

the fumble out of the end zone for a touchback was a good call.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Jimbo Fisher had 9 months to scheme for Clemson,

Jan 20, 2019, 3:23 PM

Plus we had no game film on A&M since they opened against a cream puff and called vanilla plays the whole game. We now have a season’s worth of film to scheme against. Also, they will have to travel halfway across the country to play is in front of a hostile crowd. Jimbo will face a much tougher challenge in Death Valley this year.

@Calhoun2

Jan 20, 2019, 3:27 PM

Calhoun2® I for one have brought up the fact that Jimbo Fisher "did have prior knowledge of schemes/personnel". Meanwhile, we had no idea how his offense would look "against a quality opponent b/c you can't count their 1st layup game"! We 100% went into that game not knowing if THEY WOULD BE MOSTLY SPREAD OR MOSTLY WEST COAST like Jimbo likes to run. Huge tactical advantage! We have game film on them now and will be able to scheme them better!

GT will not bring the same # of quality athletes as A&M with them; but they have a similar advantage this year! They won't be able to take advantage of it; as I believe A&M did.

In fact, b/c we play GT on a Thursday @ Death Valley we get a few extra days to prep for Jimbo and the crew. The last couple years there "had been" a triple option portion of practice to get ready for that offense; since trying to do so in a week can be challenging. Now, we can basically practice more base formations against more traditional offenses. Unless the GT coach retains a triple option coach and surprises the Hades out of us, LOL!

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tech doesn't have near the athletes or talent

Jan 20, 2019, 4:44 PM

aTm has

GT will win 2 games next year***

Jan 20, 2019, 4:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jimbo Fisher had 9 months to scheme for Clemson,

Jan 20, 2019, 3:36 PM

This is not really about the A&M game but a slap back at the Bama folks saying we didn’t work on ND but focused on Bama for 3 weeks while they had to devote all their prep to Oklahoma. Like the coaches say “it’s about Clemson more than the opponent”.

Dont let sour grapes bother you. The Tigers whipped everyone

Jan 20, 2019, 4:06 PM

fair and square. Crying is for gamecocks and other losers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic