Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pitt fan with questions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Pitt fan with questions

Nov 26, 2020, 3:33 PM

My son and I are traveling down to the game, and I was wondering about tailgating and any other changes that have happened due to Covid. Also, are all the shops and restaurants open in town? We were there in 2016 and I can honestly say I have never experienced such gracious and wonderful fans. Looking forward to the trip.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The school is asking for no tailgating

Nov 26, 2020, 3:40 PM

But the stores and restaurants are open. Please spend your money with them. And Welcome to Tigertown.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: Pitt fan with questions

Nov 26, 2020, 3:56 PM

We are truly sorry that you won't have the same experience as 2016. Everything is different this year. I met some of your fans in 16 and found them very gracious. I hope you enjoy the game and Clemson hospitality.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Nov 26, 2020, 5:03 PM

Thanks for the info! You guys are the best fans in the country.

Nov 26, 2020, 5:18 PM

Ok.

Tailgating isn’t allowed unless you are in a private lot off campus. Purchasing a parking pass is always a good idea, but there’s parking off campus available too. If you’re there early enough you could possibly get a spot right downtown, or a side street. With the limited fans and school being out the traffic will be very light.

The restaurants and shops are open.

Inside the stadium is interesting. Masks required. Concessions are extremely limited. It’s eerily quiet inside but still a good atmosphere, just different. Your ticket has a suggested time to enter...it’s not a requirement but it does help with keeping the crowds down at the gates.

Enjoy.

Nov 26, 2020, 5:19 PM

There is no "tailgating" per se, no tents, car parking is spaced 6' between spaces so people are not really mixing it up like a normal year. People are eating and hanging out but looks more like a high school game than a college game. As far as I know all the stores, restaurants and Esso are open for business.

Enjoy the game and make the most of it, we are lucky that we can go and have as many fans as we have in the house...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 7:16 PM

My guess is that a Clemson pandemic experience will still be better than a typical noon start at Heinz Field. I made the mistake in 2016 of getting tickets from Pitt and sat in the last row in the upper deck. This time I got row A behind the Pitt bench. Not expecting much out of Pitt, but I’m just excited to get back down to Clemson and enjoy the weekend. Thanks again for all of the responses!

Nov 26, 2020, 8:24 PM

My wife and I have loved the covid fan experience....quiet and weird for sure, but we tailgate with a few friends, enjoy the non packed game and have LOVED our seats close to the field (the opposing team and refs can actually hear me- to the embarrassment of my wife). Tailgate, eat, drink, spend, yell loud for your team. Pay no attention to the Fan in section M near the field berating the Pitt guys.

Have fun. Be safe

Nov 26, 2020, 8:28 PM

Make sure you stand during the National Anthem or our fans will tar and feather you.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tar and feather you and then call you Sparky

Nov 26, 2020, 9:42 PM

The sparky part being the most humiliating of course.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic