Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Talked to a local Coot businessman this week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 75
| visibility 1

Talked to a local Coot businessman this week

Jun 23, 2016, 8:43 AM

I was actually taken aback what he had to say about both schools.

Just the bullet points.

Said Clemson had stepped into another realm that USuC should have been able to step into after their 09,10 & 11 recruiting classes but didn't.

Actually admitted that the lack of in state talent hurt them because out of state guys are not attracted to South Carolina.That resulted in them not building on their momentum .

What made me drop my coffee was when he said that they hired the absolute worst coach they could have and he would have rather seen Elliott given a chance instead of hiring Chump.

The kicker in all this,as an alum ,he said that more alum feel the way he does and(his words ,not mine) that most of the ones Championing their 5th choice as the savior are the Wal Mart Knuckle Draggers that struggled to graduate high school that are an embarrassment to the fanbase.

I'm still sort of in shock, never met a Coot like that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Talked to a local Coot businessman this week

Jun 23, 2016, 8:51 AM

Wow - common sense coming out of a coot? Are you sure he was/is a coot?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2016, 8:53 AM

Well, we know it wasn't '09.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First thing that popped into my head.***

Jun 23, 2016, 8:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: First thing that popped into my head was

Jun 23, 2016, 9:18 AM

what a chitty backer he is. I have pulled for Clemson for 60+ years and have seen bad years, many of them. Not one time that I can remember did I so readily throw up my hands in frustration. As much as I hate Cooterville, I would never wish fans like this guy on them!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

hey, even my Coot yard nan calls Muskrat a

Jun 23, 2016, 9:24 AM

CRAZY Dude & we'll see it soon in the 1st game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did shake his hand and tell him

Jun 23, 2016, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Talked to a local Coot businessman this week ]

that I'd never met A Gamecock like him. He assured me that they are many ,many more out there that feel as he does.

Jun 23, 2016, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Talked to a local Coot businessman this week ]

They are here in cootlumbia, I'll meet one or two every so often here, but for me, it's not worth the time to brag about just bc they know what we have always known. I honestly believe, and I tell those that know they suck. The only way to change usuc, is to completely move the entire school out of the down town area, and rebuild everything in a smaller town, and on one piece of property. That will never happen bc of the overwhelming cost. The coots will always be tomorrow what they are today!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every one I know feels the same way...

Jun 23, 2016, 8:56 AM

It's a really small group that tries to keep up the "Boom" narrative.
Remember back in the day when they were successful, coots would be on this board by the hundreds.
Now we have only one, classof09, holding on.
Pretty sad actually.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2016, 8:57 AM

You seem a little obsessed.

You're trying to tell me someone wanted to give Elliot the job after he went 1-5 and lost the citadel?

At least try to make your fan fiction realistic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Let me explain it to you...

Jun 23, 2016, 9:00 AM

THAT'S HOW BAD HE FEELS MUSCHAMP IS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

obsessed? You are on TIGERnet. LOL******

Jun 23, 2016, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Talked to a local Coot businessman this week ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2016, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Talked to a local Coot businessman this week ]

09-
What's the difference in losing to citadel with your obvious lack of talent and moosechamp losing to gsu with all the talent he had at Florida. I think you all are gonna be in for a rude awakening in the very near future

Jun 23, 2016, 9:17 AM

That's a good point.

Muschamp won't be successful if he can't find an OC. That killed him at UF.

The offense didn't give up 26 points to a team that did

Jun 23, 2016, 9:36 AM

not complete even one pass. GSU told them they were going to run the ball down their throat and then proceeded to do so. Not one complete pass the whole game. 429 yards rushing. It was a beat down.

Re: The offense didn't give up 26 points to a team that did

but but but, he's one of the best defensive coaches in college football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Jun 23, 2016, 10:46 AM [ in reply to The offense didn't give up 26 points to a team that did ]

lol a beat down with two forced turnovers and two turnover on downs?

The gator defense didn't cause their offense to punt 5 times and miss a field goal and a turnover on downs.

But I'm not going to argue with you because you're trying to find statistics to fit your argument. You're not making an argument based on the statistics.

Jun 23, 2016, 11:01 AM

09, What do you honestly expect Muscrap to achieve in his first season with your limits? His recruiting thus far has been "hit or miss" and really lackluster compared to other SEC or even ACC or American Conference programs.

If everything positive were to happen I could see USCe finishing 6-6, but with a freshman QB and limited depth overall I HONESTLY do not see any progress beyond five wins at most. At worst USCe could finish 2-10. Be careful what you ask for in a coach. USC could have hired far better.

Jun 23, 2016, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: The offense didn't give up 26 points to a team that did ]

Dear Lord you're an idiot.....

A FCS school puts up 429 rushing yards at 7.9 YPC against a sec defense in the swamp. A defense that knew it was coming and still couldn't stop it(they attempted only 3 passes).

This same FCS school lost to the likes of Wofford, Samford, App St., and Furman that year, but they took a sec defense to the woodshed.

Those are the facts....

Your new head coach got whipped by an FCS school when he had a MUCH more talented team at UF.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Jun 23, 2016, 11:09 AM

They gave up 429 yards to Georgia southern and still had a better defense than Clemson that year.

See how statistics work?

dude

Jun 23, 2016, 11:14 AM

just stop - it was a 3 yr window, thats all it was. wake and kansas had similar windows. its now over and not coming back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jun 23, 2016, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: The offense didn't give up 26 points to a team that did ]

Did Clemson lose to a mid tier FCS school that year?? Has Dabo ever lost to a FCS team?

Jun 23, 2016, 11:24 AM

What does that have to do with having a worse defense than Florida that year?

Jun 23, 2016, 11:28 AM

You wanted to show how statistics work....

did we have a worse team than Florida that year?

Did we give up over 400 rushing yards to a FCS school that didn't complete a single pass?

Jun 23, 2016, 11:30 AM

Someone is cracking up.

Jun 23, 2016, 11:32 AM

yep, can't help but laugh at your idiotic posts.

no...someone has changed the argument***

Jun 23, 2016, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: The offense didn't give up 26 points to a team that did ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2016, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: The offense didn't give up 26 points to a team that did ]

Come on man. Generally I enjoy your posts, but you are reaching. I think you understand, you just don't want to type it. Obviously stats can be twisted, but in this case you are just loosing credibility. You know what's up, could it be different this time around? Sure, but if you had to bet your house, I don't think you would be so anxious.

I believe we beat OSU in a BCS bowl that year***

Jun 23, 2016, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: The offense didn't give up 26 points to a team that did ]

but we would have beaten GSU, so there's that as well***

Jun 23, 2016, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: The offense didn't give up 26 points to a team that did ]

Re: but we would have beaten GSU, so there's that as well***

Jun 23, 2016, 1:05 PM

Most likely you would have because you had a competent offense.

most likely? Even you can do better than that...Most

Jun 23, 2016, 1:09 PM

DEFINITELY is more like it

Clearly that was on the Offense though...those other teams

Jun 23, 2016, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: The offense didn't give up 26 points to a team that did ]

must have just outscored GSU because it seem inconceivable that they actually stopped them

No, you're not going to argue with him because you are

Jun 23, 2016, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: The offense didn't give up 26 points to a team that did ]

chickensh!t and you know you can't win so you just try to spin

Jun 23, 2016, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Talked to a local Coot businessman this week ]

I hate to tell you, but Muschamp didn't lose to Georgia Southern because he didn't have a good OC. He lost because he couldn't coach or manage a D1 talented team. And that is what Fl was, a team full of NFL talent. But hey, just cause a dog bites you once, maybe it will never bite again- hehe

Jun 23, 2016, 10:53 AM

In the 3 drafts following the 2013 season the gators only bad 3-4 offensive players drafted that weren't on be OL.

They just weren't very talented on that side of the ball. I think he highest of those was a rb in the third round.

Don't let be facts get in the way.

Jun 23, 2016, 11:06 AM

Good to know that the OL doesn't count towards offensive talent....

SMDH

Those UF offenses were lightyears better than what Slurrier

Jun 23, 2016, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Talked to a local Coot businessman this week ]

left him with, so you've got that to look forward to

DUDE....we aren't talking about his crappy offense..we

Jun 23, 2016, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Talked to a local Coot businessman this week ]

are talking about his defense laden with future NFL players who could not stop GSU......knowing darn well they were going to run the ball!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Classof09 doesn't have an answer for that, so he tries to

Jun 23, 2016, 6:04 PM

change the subject...If that doesn't work, he runs away to a new thread

Jun 23, 2016, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Talked to a local Coot businessman this week ]

In the 3 drafts following the 2013 season the gators only bad 3-4 offensive players drafted that weren't on be OL.

They just weren't very talented on that side of the ball. I think he highest of those was a rb in the third round.

Don't let be facts get in the way.

Didn't y'all hire the OC that couldn't outscore GSU?***

Jun 23, 2016, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Talked to a local Coot businessman this week ]

Re: Didn't y'all hire the OC that couldn't outscore GSU?***

Jun 23, 2016, 1:04 PM

No, we did not.

Muschamp lost to Georgia Southern at home when he was

Jun 23, 2016, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Talked to a local Coot businessman this week ]

loaded with talent. He destroyed Florida in just a couple of short years. It won't take as long to destroy sc.

Re: Muschamp lost to Georgia Southern at home when he was

Jun 23, 2016, 9:35 AM

usuck is already destroyed. HTH

It does help!***

they lost to El Cid last year...How much further can they

Jun 23, 2016, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Muschamp lost to Georgia Southern at home when he was ]

possibly fall and will we even be able to tell when they get there?

Says the #### lover on a Clemson message board***

Jun 23, 2016, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Talked to a local Coot businessman this week ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Who are YOU calling obsessed Henny Penny?***

Jun 23, 2016, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Talked to a local Coot businessman this week ]

How many posts do you make about South Carolina each day?***

Jun 23, 2016, 9:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As many as i want to.

Jun 23, 2016, 9:10 AM

It's message board, no one forces you to click on any subject you have no interest in. Have a Nice/Blessed Day.

Very true. Carry on with the crusade.***

Jun 23, 2016, 10:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many posts do you make about South Carolina each day?***

Jun 23, 2016, 9:18 AM [ in reply to How many posts do you make about South Carolina each day?*** ]

Why are you keeping track?

Keeping track? It's too many to keep track of.***

Jun 23, 2016, 10:11 AM

Jun 23, 2016, 1:35 PM [ in reply to How many posts do you make about South Carolina each day?*** ]

Probably half as many as you make defending SCar, the SEC, and ESPN.

Jun 23, 2016, 9:30 PM [ in reply to How many posts do you make about South Carolina each day?*** ]

Boom !
Guess he toad you , uself g

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm just glad they didn't get Herman or Fuentes

Jun 23, 2016, 9:15 AM

Those two offensive minded guys are the types that would get a program back on track, recruiting wise and fanbase wise. Even if you don't win games early you would have hope for the future knowing that once you get a solid defense you'll be good to go. If you don't win games early with willow muschump then where is the hope for creating offense/points? He will have a harder time recruiting to SCAR then he ever did at freakin UF. I'm just glad Terry Don had the mental fortitude not to hire Muschump here back when everyone was clamoring for him to come after TB was let go.

Herman would have been a nightmare for us

Jun 23, 2016, 9:25 AM

I was ecstatic when he decided not to take the SCar job.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

So was he....

Jun 23, 2016, 10:08 AM

but then again, unlike Cusschamp, Herman wasn't desperate since he wasn't about to get fired (again).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jun 23, 2016, 9:22 AM

A lot of the messageboard fans that yell the loudest are the furthest representation of the actual fans. We have some a-holes on Tigernet and I feel that Clemson fans are overall fantastic people, and we have some trash talkers that come in during rivalry weeks to talk junk, but if you go to a game most people at opposing schools are pretty mild mannered. Not everyone has orange/garnet glasses on all the time.

How true!

Jun 23, 2016, 9:40 AM

It is often embarrassing to see so many on here that seem to take great pride in being childish and spewing crude and rude remarks gratuitously. It is great to see a decent discussion every now and then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought the whole point of the school was to enroll all

Jun 23, 2016, 9:33 AM

the Wal Mart Knuckle Draggers that struggled to graduate high school.

Their president even said he is willing to accept anyone who can pay.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jun 23, 2016, 9:39 AM

I have a USC alumnus friend that was a manager on the football team and pretty connected. He's taking a "wait and see" attitude. He's not overjoyed with Boom - actually said he hoped it's not BUST before he leaves!

He was very realistic and said they are years behind us and their coaching staff got lazy the past few years. Surprisingly he said their 3 year run was an anomaly. SEC East down, Clemson changing coaching staffs and great in-state players. The state is too small for two great teams for long periods.

Sort of like the great Gov. Ann Richards quote - on George Bush and USC with the timing of a down SEC East, Dabo starting and the great in-state talent. "They thought they'd hit a triple but they were born on third base."

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Must have been SportsSuit from FGF...

Jun 23, 2016, 9:47 AM

Cause that guy is always very rational.

Elliott is a good coach. SOS didn't leave any talent.***

Jun 23, 2016, 10:38 AM

Also Conner Shaw was a son-of-a-gun behind Shaw's OL.

Jun 23, 2016, 10:45 AM

Coots do not realize how good Shaw was at the collegiate level.

that seems to be a play on words

Jun 23, 2016, 11:08 AM

there is no such thing as a "coot" businessman. there are coot fry cooks, gas pumpers, and delivery boys but no businessmen you speak of.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

As long as they didn't get Herman or Fuentes I'm happy.....

Jun 23, 2016, 11:20 AM

either of those guys would be dangerous for us.

Screw Calford.

Muschamp's biggest problem is now, and will be, that he has

Jun 23, 2016, 2:29 PM

absolutely nothing of true substance to offer talented recruits, on either side of the ball. He turned top recruiting classes at UF into losers, he took Auburn's D a step back, a D loaded with some of the nation's top recruits going back many cycles, and he doesn't have a pedigree name to throw around and impress with. Dynamic offensive scheme to entice top skill players? Haha. Right. He doesn't really even have the SEC as a draw like other programs do, considering they're a perennial league doormat once again. How many games will CBS pick up for their national SEC game of the week now that Spurrier's name draw is gone? The media loved SOS because you just never knew what kind of zinger or controversy he would throw out there. Now the media has #BoomSpursUpBus boy and his scowl - oh well. And this coming 3-4 win season? Yeah that's really going to stir things up for the 2017 class and beyond.

Fact of the matter is, SCar is back to picking up the leftovers after the big boys have come in and feasted, as Mr. Hood so eloquently pointed out, and there's absolutely nothing that I see in WM that is going to change that, save for the total homegrown SCar homer superstar - and there don't seem to be as many of those around as there used to be. SCar will flounder for however many years Muschamp is there, so tack on a few more years on top of that for the next coaching casualty that follows him to try and rebuild - again.

Haha. #Boom #SpursUp #Go#####!

Exactly. I'm amazed at how many chicken fans call in to

Jun 23, 2016, 3:30 PM

the talk shows and brag about how Coach Bewm has stepped up the recruiting. I mean, he's been handing out offers like candy these past few months. He has over 200 offers out right now and the count rises daily. Dabo has about 100 out right now.

I weigh a recruit's "other" offers more than I do stars. Bewm's commits from last week had "other" offers from the likes of William & Mary, East Carolina, West Carolina, UAB, etc. Many of their recruits commit immediately after getting Bewm's offer because they feel like they've hit the lottery when their best other offer is Newberry. Its just pitiful. I'm sure there will be a couple that develop but how in the hell are they ever going to field a decent team when your talent is so Poor? They have nothing to look forward to, its going to go down hill even more the next few years and its going to take a miracle to ever get to the point they threaten the East. Bad time to be a dirt ###### fan.

Florida High School coaches say

Jun 23, 2016, 4:40 PM

Boom's offering everything with a pulse and laugh about it. The delusional Coot Fanbase are cheering calling in their best recruiting ever.

Sort like asking everyone at the bar(or church social if you prefer) out, sooner or later they realize what you are doing and all say no,because your invitation isn't that special,just grasping at straws.

Alert: Yeti Sighting***

Jun 23, 2016, 2:46 PM

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Jun 23, 2016, 4:43 PM

A head coach is only as good as his assistants, Dabo is proof of that. He doesn't call plays or run the offense but he was smart enough to hire coaches that can and do it under his type of system. Oh, and having the best college QB on your team helps a bit as well.

Muschamp has put together a great defensive staff and without a doubt have our defense back to where it was sooner rather than later. I'm still cautiously optimistic about Roper running the Offense. He really hasn't done much away from Cutcliff but he does have two very good but young QB's to work with so I do have hope.

Jun 23, 2016, 6:47 PM

Plus ONE for being able to use "coot" and "businessman" in the same sentence.

Did he mention how the meth business is doing?

Was wommenz BBall discussed?

Did he state that there are still some coot fans that think coot bball is still as good as CLEMSON bball, and how ridiculous they sounded when they talked like that?

Wimmens BasketBall...it's funny cause it's true***

Jun 23, 2016, 7:03 PM

Jun 23, 2016, 10:03 PM

Bagman left, RH connection dried up, things change

Replies: 75
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic