Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Talk with Bama fan last night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Talk with Bama fan last night

Aug 5, 2017, 3:14 AM

At a Boys & Girls Club fund raiser last night a female Bama fan whom I had never met offered an insincere "congratulations on the Natty, bla, bla, bla". She then said Bama lost because they were focused on knocking DW4 out of the game and not playing sound football. No answer to the performance of DW4, Waynetrain, Mike Wms, HR13, Jordan, Tay Scott, OL, Tiger D, & our winning 4th qtr points against Bama's vaunted but gassed defense. She immediately went into SEC>ACC based on 2017 Top 25 preseason polls. But what about the 2016 bowl results on the field I countered? SILENCE. Then, "but you know Dabo's coming to Bama when Nick retires." I said you don't know Dabo. No way,-kids in high school, newly named honorary alums, new mansion, Clemson roots, Reeves complex, recruiting loaded for years to come, player development, loyal coaching staff, Dabo loves Clemson and Clemson loves Dabo, etc. She insisted on a $50 bet. Stay tuned. Key word here is "insincere." P.S. Unsolicited NCSU alum said he loves Dabo based on his character and player development. He also said that he gave up on NCSU years ago.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Talk with Bama fan last night

Aug 5, 2017, 4:25 AM

It must have hard to stand there and be so civil right back to her . Those Bama are going to be butt hurt for a good while .

There's a good possibility we could wind up seeing then again in the near future and they would likely get their tails handed to them again .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2017, 7:41 AM

What young posters don't understand about BAMA fans is as follows:

Frank Howard nearly beat the Bear in the mid 1960s, losing 13-10 in DV. I was there. Other than that game we were their easy ACC foe. We are never "allowed" to compete therefore. Auburn also saw us in that manner, but scores of 40-0 did not help our standing.

Howard, Ford and Swinney, all great Clemson coaching legends, but to Bama they are merely graduates who left. Current Bama fans cannot understand why Swinney would not come running upon Saban's retirement. In other words they own us and we seem to owe them a measure of deference. Having clearly shown we have become an equal in the last two seasons (on the field) doesn't sit well at all.

Swinney merely is using what he learned and Bama fans best recognize the Saban years will end soon enough. Something tells me Clemson is here to stay for the foreseeable future. Get used to it Bama.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2017, 8:36 AM

One reason he might not go is he knows how Bama is firsthand from coaching there. First you couldnt do it like Bear and now its going to be Saban and Bear. At Clemson he build HIS own legacy

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2017, 3:53 PM

Not only that but whoever takes over for Saban and that coach's successors aren't going to have a long grace period to keep it going. If that coach doesn't have Bama winning the SEC by their second season, a third one may not be in their future.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2017, 8:02 AM

SEC is greater than ACC because of preseason top 25 polls????

Did you ask her if she looked at the top 10, where there is only 1 SEC team and 2 ACC teams?

good reminder of how dirty Bama played early

Aug 5, 2017, 8:39 AM

They took dirty shots on DW4 and multiple other players.

Good guys won.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2017, 8:57 AM

Dabo has been in Clemson as an assistant and now HC longer than he was ever at Alabama as a player and coach. Clemson is home and I think he's going coach Clemson until he is ready to retire

similar story with a twist .....

Aug 5, 2017, 10:30 AM

Had a Bama fan tell me he thinks "it's Dabo after saban "

I said the same thing .. no way... he has orange in his blood now ??

Bama fan clarified ... " No , I mean Dabo and clemson are the new team to beat.."

I didn't have a really good comeback for that ??

And, remember DaBO's Boys are Clemson bred

Aug 5, 2017, 11:26 AM

and one is actually on TiGER Team NOW!

And, why follow Bear & Saban and probably never equal either of them.. when at Clemson another Natty secures you as the best winner since Heisman & Ford.

Nope..DabO is here 4-Ever imho!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to mention Dabo is not stupid.

Aug 5, 2017, 11:23 AM

Any Juan who follows Saban is destined to never measure up.

Dabo knows this. He is set4life in Clemson.

Bama will be hating it for years...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How could you make out what she was saying

Aug 5, 2017, 11:26 AM

With only three teeth?

Aug 5, 2017, 12:27 PM

Dabo has said many times, "bloom where you're planted." He was planted as a coach in Clemson, not Alabama, so I think he wants to stay.

Never Forget - Clemson is a House of Learned Doctors

Aug 5, 2017, 12:44 PM

Alabama and their mom's are Hillybillies

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama lost because they were focused on the game

Aug 5, 2017, 1:47 PM

It just wasn't enough.

Period.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2017, 3:39 PM

You can not reason with STUPID......Go Tigers!!!!

Aug 5, 2017, 3:55 PM

She say anything about the FSU team they're going to face four weeks from now?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pigs?***

Aug 5, 2017, 4:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2017, 4:46 PM

Alabama is a great place to live except for all of the knuckle dragging Bama fans. Think Gamechickens with a bunch of championships. Auburn folk are pretty pleasant by comparison. I even married one ??

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic