Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: ESPN details about Crowell's Violations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,336

Recruit Update: ESPN details about Crowell's Violations

Mar 14, 2011, 7:02 PM

ESPN details about Crowell's Violations

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: ESPN details about Crowell's Violations

Mar 14, 2011, 7:11 PM

It's UGA and they're in the SEC. They can't help themselves...cheating is endemic. What's new here????

Mar 14, 2011, 7:31 PM

Normally I think these minor violations are dumb, but this one is actually providing a bit of an advantage. I would say UGA's little ploy had a positive effect on Crowell. Great visual for a recruit.

Mar 15, 2011, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: ESPN details about Crowell's Violations ]

It is in ugay's DNA to cheat, and they can't escape from it. It is just a matter of time before more serious stuff surfaces. Richt's job is on the line, and they haven't been getting better, while the powers in the conference have. Heck, even usuc has had a modicum of success, so of course the ugays are restless. Check their player parking lots, and you will begin to see the evidence would be my guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2011, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: ESPN details about Crowell's Violations ]

Less we forget we were once proven to be a bit on the "dark side " as well...

Cheating is one issue I don't point fingers..

Its bad for college sports, but its always been done and will continue and the SEC does not have a patent on the problem..Ohio State and Southern Cal are simply 2 examples of how rampant it is thruout the country.

Mar 14, 2011, 8:23 PM

Would this apply to us letting recruits run down the hill? (tho I'm not big on that, I think he should be wearing a paw on his helmet b4 he gets that honor)Not a UGA fan, but once again, this is nitpicking. They should concentrate on the real violations.

Mar 15, 2011, 8:05 AM

big difference going down the hill in street clothes and walking onto a practice field with the entire offensive team in practice gear, in my opinion

Mar 15, 2011, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: ESPN details about Crowell's Violations ]

LOL, how do you figure this compares with what UGAly did? good grief where are you people from?

Taking off the orange glasses for a sec...

Mar 15, 2011, 1:25 PM

It does meet the literal interpretation of "any type of gameday experience". Now....what is the NCAA definition of a gameday experience. And....does clothing have anything to do with it?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

so it's not a real violation?***

Mar 15, 2011, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: ESPN details about Crowell's Violations ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2011, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: ESPN details about Crowell's Violations ]

I agree...Most people do not know what goes on with many of the top HS players in the country each and every year..

The NCAA has lost control of collegiate athletics and with all the passion and whats at stake in the minds of coaches and supporters today, cheating is only going to get worse until some schools, and most of them big-timers, are virtually shutdown...Sadly due to $$$, thats not going to happen.

Mar 17, 2011, 11:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: ESPN details about Crowell's Violations ]

If we had 80,000 in the stands or put them in their jerseys with the other players to run down the hill it would be different. Any touring student could ask for a tour of death valley and run down the hill. Not every student could line up at tailback with the football team.

null

Retarded! NCAA sucks monkey nuts!***

Mar 15, 2011, 1:39 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2011, 9:10 PM

What is really bothersome about this is how clear of a violation it was. Richt knew that this was against the rules and weighed the likely tiny penalty against the possible benefit and just broke the rules. This wasn't a gray area, he knew what he was doing.

Recent NCAA actions speaks volumes of....

Mar 17, 2011, 9:54 PM

their total lack of control of recruiting tactics by a number of schools, particularly the co-called big-timers...Ohio State is a complete joke, Auburn is not far behind, and in Florida its do whatever one desires by about anyone who has contacts within the high school ranks...Players are sold by their high school coaches and its been going on for years...

If you ask my source, it comes from hubby, who played at one of the most corrupt programs in NCAA history at Alabama..Some of the things he has told me that occurred there, and still does to this day, is laughable...

Hey, we enjoyed the benefits of bending the rules a bit and since the NCAA will turn a deaf ear, maybe its time to bring back the bagmen...Might be what we need to win a championship

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,336
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic