Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm sorry I am not as awesome a fan as you are
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,027

I'm sorry I am not as awesome a fan as you are

Sep 21, 2014, 11:05 AM

But I hate the way some of you chastise those of us that have the Gaul to voice our displeasure over a very poor start to this football season. Yes, we are the "glass half empty"folks and yes you are the "glass half full"folks, neither is right and neither is wrong, it's called a perception. Yes, I love my Tigers and only want the best for our team and University but these are my thoughts and this is a message board, I am doing nothing wrong. It is difficult to watch your team beat themselves and all some think is we just pick ourselves up and win the next 10, no problem. I don't see that happening not this team that are sharp shooters when aiming at their own feet. We are the best team I've ever seen at grabbing defeat out of the jaws of victory and sadly, it's going to happen again. So if you will allow me to mourn the loss of yet another chance at our teams greatness, I'll allow you to continue to praise and therefore perpetuate their mediocrity. But in the end, we all want the best for our Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm somewhere in the middle and I feel your pain too!***

Sep 21, 2014, 11:08 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the thing about it is under Bowden we were

Sep 21, 2014, 11:09 AM

mediocre and on nobody's radar. Loses were bad-sometimes to lowly ACC teams but there was not much true expectations that the Tigers could be elite.

Now the culture has changed. We are beating teams and we are getting exposure. Yes there have been steps backward but expectations have risen. Now we lose to the number 1 team in the nation on some mistakes and we have those talk about mediocrity for a program that has 30+ wins over the last 3 years. Go figure.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Expectations have not changed.

Sep 21, 2014, 11:47 AM

All we have ever wanted is to win our division and beat our rival. That's it. Bowden and Swinney have about equal combined success. If you will recall, we all made changes to our programs around the same time. We all took steps forward. FSU is a team we were beating that made better coaching hires than us. Now they are #1 in the country. USC is a team we were beating that made better coaching hires than us. Now they beat us regularly.

We all sucked. We all made changes. We all got better. Sadly, we improved the least. Is it reason for us to change? Of course not. We are good enough to not need a change. We have to keep pushing ahead with our inferior decision. It just means that we must adapt to this new norm. In time, the pain of losing to FSU and USC will fade and tigernet will be full of positive posts after those losses. In the meantime, please excuse the passionate posts from the bad fans who haven't adapted yet.

not an awesome fan here either***

Sep 21, 2014, 11:11 AM

Takes a real winner to try to censor others opinions on a me

Sep 21, 2014, 11:15 AM

We can agree to disagree, but censoring shows you are pushing an agenda or just free speech hating tool.

Agreed....don't you know by now that you can not state

Sep 21, 2014, 11:20 AM

facts on this board or you will be taken out to the highest oak tree with a rope?

Re: Agreed....don't you know by now that you can not state

Sep 21, 2014, 11:27 AM

It isn't so much listening to other peoples opinion as it is to constantly make post about nothing but negative things concerning Clemson coaches and players. You really don't need to point out the problems that we have and dwell on them. Most of us see the same things as you. Hopefully the coaches don't spend every day being critical of every player. Be a supportive fan.

Re: I'm sorry I am not as awesome a fan as you are

Sep 21, 2014, 11:23 AM

You mean "######" from the jaws of victory. We must keep it in context with this week's theme.

Sep 21, 2014, 11:24 AM

You don't spell very well either.

this is for you

Sep 21, 2014, 11:24 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmQbk5h86w

we are who we thought we were.

that come out right?-lol

Sep 21, 2014, 11:50 AM

Screw 'em. They can bury their head in their ### and not the sand for all I care. I won't be filtering any opinions.

My perspective ...

Sep 21, 2014, 12:08 PM

Last night after the game, while sipping the last beer of the night - all the miscues, bad calls, bad plays and lost opportunity were painfully reviewed and analyzed on and off this Board. Everybody was pi$$ed.

This morning over several cups of coffee, all that bad was rehashed - and frankly acknowledged. Few would debate some bad coaching decisions that were costly. None would debate our FG kicking was atrocious.

At some point, people move on .... start to recognize some really positive aspects of the game, our players and even our coaches.

And for the future - correct the mistakes and accentuate the positives.

And yes - I want to beat the hell out of UNC, NCSU, GaTech and SC. There still much to play for ....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,027
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic