Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Take your pick. Being a regular contender for the ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Take your pick. Being a regular contender for the ACC

Dec 2, 2013, 10:45 AM

title and going 10-2, 9-3, going to a BCS game, staying relevant in the national picture in football,

or...

going 7-5, 8-4, beating South Carolina, going to the music city bowl or maybe the Russel Athletic Bowl and finishing up ranked maybe in the top 25?

You tell me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Take your pick. Being a regular contender for the ACC

Dec 2, 2013, 10:46 AM

Didnt know we couldnt do both.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 2, 2013, 12:09 PM

You can't answer the ? you big baby

your choices stink and is part of the problem***

Dec 2, 2013, 10:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in other words...

Dec 2, 2013, 10:48 AM

Swinney

or...

Bowden

Re:Right now, I lend toward Bowden. And I did not like

Dec 2, 2013, 11:01 AM

it when he was forced out. It should never have been done We, with Bowden, would be winning 9 or 10 games a year and probably have done no worse than 3 & 2 or 2& 3 with Coots the last five years.

Re:Right now, I lend toward Bowden. And I did not like

Dec 2, 2013, 12:11 PM

Based on what???How well tommy done against wake,Duke???

Or that choked job against BC and Vtech???

Yeah right

Dec 2, 2013, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re:Right now, I lend toward Bowden. And I did not like ]

There's no way in Hades Tommy Bowden could have won 2 or 3 out of the last 5 games. Besides beating an FSU team on the downturn and the UT bowl win, who did he beat? I do remember getting stomped by UGA, Alabama, Wake, and losing to Duke. I do remember him pulling Reggie in the 2006 USC game he had in hand. We were pretty much out of the race for the ACC after October every year. Man, how I miss Tommy.

Dec 2, 2013, 10:49 AM

If you go 7-5 or 8-4 with an ACC schedule...you won't beat us....That is a fact

Dec 2, 2013, 10:52 AM

You are spending your day on a Clemson forum. That is Pathetic that is also a fact.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

we sure had no problem doing it previously!***

Dec 2, 2013, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Take your pick. Being a regular contender for the ACC ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2013, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Take your pick. Being a regular contender for the ACC ]

we have had those records and beat you guys and actually a lot. History is older than 5 years pal. I know you wish it started in 2009 but it did not and the other 100 years are dismal for your beloved coots. When Clemson gets back on a roll and begins another streak you guys will be irrelevant again and the world will be back to normal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2013, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Take your pick. Being a regular contender for the ACC ]

Oh I think we could play your schedule and be just as good

False choice.

Dec 2, 2013, 10:49 AM

to do the second, you will have to do the first.

Your choices imply that...

Dec 2, 2013, 10:56 AM

The coot program would be in a state of pretty severe decline over where they are now... or that, all the sudden, the ACC becomes a much better football conference. Because logically, if the coot program maintains its current level, and we could beat them and only go 7-5 or 8-4 in the ACC, that would indicate a drastic change over the current state of affairs.

This is NOT just about beating the coots... it's not even primarily about beating them. It's about being competitive with the quality competition on the schedule. Losing to them 5 times in a row indicates that in recent years we haven't been competitive with the coots. They've surpassed us. The way things are trending with FSU, it would appear that they have left us in the dust.

This type of either-or scenario is ridiculous. If we can fix the issues that seem to confront us against quality competition (turnovers, horribly burnt defensive backs, our QB running for his life half the time), then beating the coots (and the other quality teams on our schedule) will take care of itself.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It i ridiculous to have lost 5 straight.***

Dec 2, 2013, 11:05 AM

Re: It i ridiculous to have lost 5 straight.***

Dec 2, 2013, 11:53 AM

South Carolina have said that many of times. Put all your money in the Stock Market and see if you will gain every (5)time. Not going to happen. Just have to keep trying just like they have.

Re: Your choices imply that...

Dec 2, 2013, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Your choices imply that... ]

Amen!

The more wins the better.

While EVERYONE should always be disappointed with losing(especially to USuC, it'd take an IDIOT to be happy with 6-6 or 7-5 just because we beat a rival.

Simple minded people think like that. The word is much biggest than what your neighbor or co worker has to say, grow a set, we're BCS bound, so losing to them with 10 wins doesn't hurt us as bad as some think.

Re: Well, I will admit to being an idiot. I would like to

Dec 2, 2013, 11:10 AM

win every once in a while. Heck, I just want to win again in my lifetime. I know the I have enjoyed many, many wins but beating the scum in Columbia has got to be a priority. I WILL NEVER BE HAPPY WITH A 11 AND 1 RECORD AND THAT LOSS BEING TO THE COOTS.

Agree, I'd rather be 10-2 and recruiting to beat FSU

Dec 2, 2013, 11:38 AM

and the #### game will fall into place because they're not on FSU's level.

You all act like its win 10 games or beat Carolina. Like beating them means we go 7-5 or so. If we are 7-5 they will more than likely beat us that season. LSU game aside this staff has not performed in big games. Did we win the ACC 2 years ago? Yes, but followed it up with the worst BCS performance in the history of the BCS. Did we beat Georgia when they were at full strength? yes, but since have followed it up with back to back losses against our only competition where we are plagued by the same issues. Losing the special teams battle is a matter of coaching. Doing that trick played showed that coming into the game we felt we could not beat them straight up. But as the coach when you get into the game and see that you are dominating them upfront you scrap those cute plays and you run it down their throats. The only way we lose that game is if we hurt ourselves and our coaches did that on the first drive. You beat them up physically and score on the opening drive and you more than likely roll on to a 2 score or more win. But Morris wants credit and those trick plays shine the light on him. Dabo doesnt have sense enough to tell him no. We had no business losing that game, turning it over 6 times and only getting beat by 14 tells you that. But its not na win 10 games or beat Carolina and go 7-5 decision. If you win 10 games you should beat Carolina. For me this was the season where Dabo could even things up, he gets this one, beats them at home then he is one game away from tying his overall record up against up. He is another John Cooper and until you beat Carolina you will never accomplish anything of real value because one loss with our schedule takes you out of the National Championship especially a loss at the end of the season.

Dec 2, 2013, 11:35 AM

I think the 5 losses to South Carolina are a result of the Bowden resignation. (and coaching turnover that followed) Not only did Clemson lose a step in recruiting because of Bowden's resignation, but the gap left in that recruiting class stayed with Clemson for four years. Also Dabo has been learning on the job, had to find the right assistant coaches and Spurrier is a more experienced coach. The BOT at Clemson did it to themselves IMO.

Hopefully, the resignation of Bowden will pay off in the long run. (I think the Clemson football program is in better shape than it was despite the 5 losses to South Carolina) I also think Spurrier will not continue to have as much success as he has, because Clemson will recruit better than South Carolina over the long run.

Dec 2, 2013, 11:41 AM

and the coaching transition that occurred at Clemson when Bowden resigned is partially what allowed South Carolina to gain in recruiting.

Why would some want to fire Dabo and do it again?

Actually, besides TB's firing, TDP not giving Dabo

Dec 2, 2013, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Take your pick. Being a regular contender for the ACC ]

the money to hire Ellis Johnson was a bigger cause for the divide. Clemson with EJ would have been much better than with Steele and without EJ, USuC never gets the defense that carried them until this year.

Re: Actually, besides TB's firing, TDP not giving Dabo

Dec 2, 2013, 11:42 AM

that contributed too.

Dec 2, 2013, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Take your pick. Being a regular contender for the ACC ]

One call or One play doesn't loose a ballgame, the score was tied going into the 4th quarter. Any coach would take those chances, but not the numbers of turnovers in crucial times and areas of the field.

why does it have to be one of the other???***

Dec 2, 2013, 11:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, that's the choice. Good one.

Dec 2, 2013, 11:43 AM

First if all, we aren't going to a BCS bowl. Second, our schedule stinks and we lose to the best teams on it. So ten wins doesn't mean crap.

Dec 2, 2013, 11:46 AM

So using that judgement don't knock muschamp, fedora, or any other acc or sec coach who has not been there more than five years. They need that five years, at least, for recruiting. Right?

i'd suggest you never open an ice cream shop with only

Dec 2, 2013, 11:48 AM

two flavors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh c'mon, who do you think he is, Mr.Baskins or Mr.Robbins?***

Dec 2, 2013, 11:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

mr rainbow would be something...***

Dec 2, 2013, 11:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're referring to GWP?***

Dec 2, 2013, 12:13 PM

must

Dec 2, 2013, 12:17 PM

not

take

bait

But you're well known around these waters as a master

Dec 2, 2013, 12:19 PM

baiter.

i didn't surrender, but crump

Dec 2, 2013, 12:23 PM

took my horse & made him surrender.

bmeist probably has him pulling a wagon in kansas i bet...

We didn't make that choice - the ACC collapsing did.***

Dec 2, 2013, 12:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We didn't make that choice - the ACC collapsing did.***

Dec 2, 2013, 12:06 PM

Conferences don't win you ballgames, however team's effort will help.

Message was edited by: oldschtiger70®

I'm saying that firing Bowden and hiring Dabo didn't make a

Dec 2, 2013, 12:07 PM

difference in our record. The collapse of our competition in the ACC is what made a difference in our record.

(I hated Bowden, don't get me wrong, but I was also against hiring Tommy 2.0)

The ACC sucked for most of that period too. You can't

Dec 2, 2013, 12:21 PM

argue that the league was really any stronger from 04-08 yet Tommy went 4-4, 4-4, 5-3, 5-3, 1-2 in ACC games over that period before he got canned.

What in the world makes you think he could've gone 20-4 over the last 3 years???

Take away a miracle catch and the Coots are playing in the

Dec 2, 2013, 12:08 PM

SECCG with a chance to go 12-1 and possibly getting to the NCG.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think FSU will have the Atlantic for quite some time

Dec 2, 2013, 12:11 PM

Some of you may not remember, but when FSU was strong, they were in that "Bama" category of good for over a decade. The state of Florida puts out many good recruits and with FSU the probable national title winner, FSU will have their pick. OBTW next year we play them in Tallahassee. We will be beating the coots maybe a bunch before we beast FSU again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2013, 12:20 PM

Why not both? We use to be the regular contender for the ACC, win 9 or 10 games a year, be and own the gamecocks.

It's not an either or situation. It should be driven into Dabo and the coaching staff that it is both. The goals for next year should be win the ACC and beat South Carolina, anything less mean the dismissal of somebody.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic