Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Take it for what it’s worth (which is nothing)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Take it for what it’s worth (which is nothing)

Jan 6, 2019, 6:19 PM

I am usually the guy who thinks we’re in trouble, thinks of every deficiency the opponent will exploite, thinks every possible doomsday scenario will happen. I have ZERO thoughts like this regarding the game tomorrow. I think we are the better team, I think Dex will not be missed as much as the experts say due to the DL depth, I think no moment is too big for TLaw, I think the secondary is better than they played against a SCar, and more than anything... the calmness of Dabo tells me he knows something, much like O310 St I think they’ve seen something that has him at ease. We’ll see what happens but I’m more confident about tomorrow’s game than any big game I can recall.

Go Tigers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 6:20 PM

!~

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PREACH

Jan 6, 2019, 6:22 PM

I'm more worried about dealing with the dolts at the office tomorrow than I am winning this game.

And I generally don't let the dolts get to me...so that should tell you something.

Re: PREACH

Jan 6, 2019, 6:23 PM

I thought you worked out doors and lived in a trailer.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 6:25 PM

And had to watch the game on a black and white tv while standing

Jan 6, 2019, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: PREACH ]

Better than living outdoors and working in a trailer

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i used to

Jan 6, 2019, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Re: PREACH ]

but that was b4 my wife left me and when i hurt my back at the lumber mill i got office job now and try to do real good miss being outside and dont got a good suntan no more but exwife sleeping with my brother now i hope they happy cause i am too cant belive how that woman hurt me

Re: Take it for what it’s worth (which is nothing)

Jan 6, 2019, 6:24 PM

Hope you're right Andy.

I just hope that if we do come up short, it is not due to DLs absence. I can't stomach a close loss, knowing he would have made the difference.

I felt that way three years ago in Pheonix when we were short a few key players.

Jan 6, 2019, 6:30 PM

Agreed 100%! Well said!

Clemson 35

Bama 14

Clemson dominates!

Jan 6, 2019, 6:32 PM

Good post Andy. I think it may come down to Scott and Elliott play calling and being patient and taking what they give us. The few games I watched and the uga game, the qbs used their checkdowns and didn’t try to force the big play.

We’re a big play offense because we could be all year. Against bama, short quick passes and longer drives may bring it home for us.

I, like you personally thinking Dabo is the much better chess player, especially with CBV!!!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post. Spot on.

Jan 6, 2019, 7:15 PM

I think if the Bama defense gets to TL, we will start calling quick and shorter passes which should work. If they play back and try to cover our speedsters, we have Travis to hit the seams. So you’re right, it comes down to the play calling and making the right adjustments based on what their D gives us.
Tigers 30 Bama 21.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

I have felt a confidence such as you describe since...

Jan 6, 2019, 7:27 PM

Trevor took the starting job. I never feared other than when he went down but that level of fear wasn't due to the outcome of the game. It was about losing him for more than a few quarters. He just doesn't strike me as being a college quarterback and there's nothing freshman about him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 7:59 PM

Ever since Fall practice started Brent Venables has been grinning like the cat that swallowed the canary. In the past he's always looked serious. I think he and Dabo are happy, they know something!

Jan 8, 2019, 3:17 PM

Dabo did seem much more at ease than in the past. With Coach V, it was especially noticeable, as CarolinaKudzu pointed out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic