Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Take a step back and look at it from there.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,354

Take a step back and look at it from there.

Jan 25, 2013, 8:52 AM

Check out what Dabo has put together. He was given a messy situation and lost some great recruits when Bowden left. To me what is so impressive is the plan of attack he put into place to get us where we are now.
This team should win 10 games this coming year in their sleep. They are heavy favorites for the ACC and a darkhorse National Title contender by most national media.
What really should get your attention is where we are set up AFTER next year. I think for the first time in a LONG time we are in a position to stay in the top 3 ACC contenders after losing a quality QB. That all comes down to Dabo and his staff selling these kids on their futures to this program.
I for one think that the job this man has done with his leadership and vision is tremendous.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Take a step back and look at it from there.

Jan 25, 2013, 9:00 AM

while people like to get into recruiting and rankings and worry over them the real issue is how the team does in games.

as long as he gets and develops guys who can play it doesnt matter about the collective recruiting ranking except for water cooler talk.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post. Signing Day is ESPiN stroking their ratings and

Jan 25, 2013, 9:29 AM

'certain' teams. Most of these recruits won't see a start for a couple of years, though there are some obvious exceptions. I think that's why character and dedication, academics and otherwise, are just as important as athleticism for most. I'd rather have the 3* who wants to prove otherwise than than 5* who's already spit-polishing his trophy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally agree and from the coaching end he has made the

Jan 25, 2013, 9:09 AM

changes that were difficult but the right decision and has made the team better. The post-Chad OC will be another big decision when we get there either next year or soon thereafter.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really think that Jeff Scott may be an

Jan 25, 2013, 9:13 AM

understudy in that offense. I think that he has a bright future in coaching. The dude can flat out recruit too.

Re: I really think that Jeff Scott may be an

Jan 25, 2013, 9:54 AM

I feel the exact same. Dabo stated, when Morris was being Jerked around, that Jeff Scott had been with Morris since day one learning the Offense. Also getting a feeling of WHY you call a play in each situation and how to set up defenses. I recall in an interview that the 4th and 16 play had been there the whole game and hey waited to use it in a special situation. Jeff Scott is a winner.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to mention

Jan 25, 2013, 12:48 PM

Jeff Scott won a state title at Blythewood before joining this staff. Before anybody discounts that don't forget that is the same route that Morris took.
Great points you made too!

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,354
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic