Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: DeAndre Hopkins withdraws from 2019 Pro Bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

TNET: DeAndre Hopkins withdraws from 2019 Pro Bowl

Jan 17, 2019, 12:27 PM

DeAndre Hopkins withdraws from 2019 Pro Bowl

Houston Texans receiver DeAndre 'Nuk' Hopkins has withdrawn from the NFL Pro Bowl because of a shoulder injury. Hopkins was injured during the wild-card loss wh Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As much $ as they get paid. It’s all business and the second you lose a step

Jan 17, 2019, 1:44 PM

Your a$$ is gone. I don’t blame him

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: As much $ as they get paid. It’s all business and the second you lose a step

Jan 17, 2019, 7:12 PM

Don't blame him. Rehab that sprained AC. It's worth a lot of cabbage!

Getting chosen is an honor, but actually playing is silly.***

Jan 17, 2019, 2:17 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Getting chosen is an honor, but actually playing is silly.***

Jan 17, 2019, 3:06 PM

It really is dumb to risk injury for a nothing game. When I lived in Honolulu from 84 -88, I went to one pro bowl that was in 84, and I never went to another bc it was easy to tell that the players didn't give a #### about playing much less about winning. I said then that I wished I could get a message out to the pro FB world that the pro bowl was a total waste of money and the time that it took to drive to it, and I could see the stadium from the back Lanai/porch. It really was a waste of time, and a high school game is more exciting than a Pro Bowl game!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right. Should be like the All American team. Get chosen

Jan 17, 2019, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Getting chosen is an honor, but actually playing is silly.*** ]

for it, and that's it. We all know you're the best. Surprised people still pay to see amazing athletes giving half the effort.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: DeAndre Hopkins withdraws from 2019 Pro Bowl

Jan 17, 2019, 4:50 PM

That game is like playing a nickel slot machine...It ain't worth the effort...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

aw that's a shame! Will they still let him

Jan 17, 2019, 8:22 PM

Tell where he went to elementary school?

Re: TNET: DeAndre Hopkins withdraws from 2019 Pro Bowl

Jan 17, 2019, 10:38 PM

Nuk may not consider himself one of us, But I still do

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take Nuk's word for it... he does consider himself

Jan 18, 2019, 9:59 AM

a Tiger... here's a quote from him with a link to the article...

“To me, it means a lot. I’m from Clemson, S.C., so to see this team do what they did … I think they are (the greatest ever)," Hopkins said. "I think they can be one of the best teams ever. Do it again next year, for sure.”
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/ncaa/deandre-hopkins-explains-how-clemson-keeps-producing-nfl-level-talent

Sure, he has his feelings about the college football system, that he deserved to get the ball as much as Sammy, and Dabo telling him that he wouldn't go in the 1st round of the draft, but he is born and raised Clemson and loves it probably more than most because that's his home. People can and do compartmentalize feelings, people and situations, and that is what I see with Nuk; he loves Clemson but just has challenges with how some things played out...

Re: Take Nuk's word for it... he does consider himself

Jan 18, 2019, 3:02 PM

100% agree. He has gotten a bad wrap from some fans over that one article where his beef was more with the system than anything. If you follow him on social media, he is always repping and positive towards Clemson.

Great Lion, and a great Texan.***

Jan 17, 2019, 11:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic