Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tajh's simple comment on his confidence as the best qb in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Tajh's simple comment on his confidence as the best qb in

Jun 21, 2013, 9:30 AM

college football has caused a fire storm of epic proportions on the Coot radio stations saying why he is not, etc. etc. November can not come soon enough. Time for the ultimate smackdown in their own stadium this year.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tajh's simple comment on his confidence as the best qb in

Jun 21, 2013, 9:34 AM

What would you say if Clowney said he was the best DE in college football? Sometimes it's best to not answer that question directly. Only way to avoid $hitsorm on message boards.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2013, 9:37 AM

this

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2013, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Tajh's simple comment on his confidence as the best qb in ]

Agreed. People on here would have ripped Clowney a new one had he made that comment. It's best just to avoid questions like that, or say, that's not up to me to decide.

Clowney is the best DE & maybe the best player in College FB

Jun 21, 2013, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Tajh's simple comment on his confidence as the best qb in ]

He is that good - if not hurt this year, likely top 5 draft pick and maybe #1.

Tajh has a reasonable claim to the #1 college QB.

Both need to show it again on the field this year. It is a long season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are right

Jun 21, 2013, 9:35 AM

ATHOMAS, it cant come soon enough.

If you don't think that you are the best....

Jun 21, 2013, 9:51 AM

Then you aren't a top 10 OB. Confidence is at least 1/2 of success. I've always been the type to tell people what I will do and then I find out how to do it. All he did was let the world know that he personally expects to be the best and that he is going to prove it.

Re: If you don't think that you are the best....

Jun 21, 2013, 9:54 AM

Right, and I've got no problem with that. Just don't get upset that other people are calling him out on it, just as people here would do to other players.

Jun 21, 2013, 9:56 AM

Heard that yesterday too and thought I can't believe they have so little to talk about that this is a topic of conversation.

What was Boyd to say? I am just an average QB? He said what he believes, I don't see why he has to go over his resume, if you can't see his production and leadership that is your fault not his.

While I don't believe he is the best QB in the country he is in the top 10 for sure and I would make the case he is top 5, which is far better than anything Carolina has ever had.

Kornblut suggested he wouldn't be if he played in the SEC.

Jun 21, 2013, 10:06 AM

PK was obviously irritated by the comments TB made.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well duhh. The SEC has #### for quarterbacks

Jun 21, 2013, 10:12 AM

everyone knows that.

LSU would say differently

Jun 21, 2013, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Kornblut suggested he wouldn't be if he played in the SEC. ]

I'm pretty sure no other quarterback in the SECs had what was quite possibly the nations best defense limping off of the field.

No team in the history of CF is in more dire need of a...

Jun 21, 2013, 10:07 AM

...beatdown of epic proportions than the Coot football team.

The civil society of the great state of South Carolina is at stake, and the Clemson football team must become the executioner of that "evil empire" to the south.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Jun 21, 2013, 10:49 AM

Reading it, then later being able to hear him say it, I came away with two different conclusions.

Reading it, it made him look like a conceited snob, and I was very disappointed in what I was reading.

Hearing the interview, and the context in which he made his statement, and it made him sound confident, but far from conceited.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Confidence and Arrogance Are Two Different Things

Jun 21, 2013, 11:16 AM

Via Dictionary.com...

Confidence - belief in oneself and one's powers or abilities; self-confidence; self-reliance; assurance: (sentence)His lack of confidence defeated him.

Arrogance - offensive display of superiority or self-importance; overbearing pride; haughtiness; insolence; disdain: (sentence) The arrogance of those who think they have all the answers is truly entertaining.

Now tell me which definition fit Tajh's words more.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic