Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
While I do NOT like Chad Kelly's actions in the Spring game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,378

While I do NOT like Chad Kelly's actions in the Spring game

Apr 13, 2014, 2:47 AM

at all. I think we need to tone it back a bit. He's a young kid going through alright right now. He is very completetitive and he let it get ahead of him during the game. Disrespecting the coaches is almost inexcusable. But he's going through one of the potentially toughest times of his life right now. He's a very talented kid and a die-hard competitor. He's a Clemson player, the coaches still have him on the team and they know a lot more than we do... If Chad can use this as a learning moment and continue to mature (he's definitely seemed to have matured since he arrived here) then that can be great. He has the potential to be a great ball player if he directs his efforts and emotions in the right ways.

He need to stop being so hard on the kid and saying that he should transfer and what not. He's still a Clemson tiger and we should support him to become a better football player until he proves he doesn't belong being a Clemson Tiger anymore.

However, after his display today I don't think he has any right to start in August. Not only did Cole look to be the superior QB, he also looked to be the superior leader.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tajh was/is great but if he threw 2 picks as a RS SR he

Apr 13, 2014, 3:12 AM

Would hide in fear. Swag throws 2 picks and wants to go like The Joker played by Heath Ledger. I'll take Swag Ledger over Boy Wonder Boyd any day. Will Proctor could have looked amazing w Tajh ' s WR corps. Tajh has so much talent but no fruit bats. Cole Stoudt is the Batman but Swag is like Harvy Dent (too inexperienced and aggressive) but once burned....he's all in?

Re: Tajh was/is great but if he threw 2 picks as a RS SR he

Apr 13, 2014, 6:55 AM

Kelly has had a lot of chances to show he is the man. He hasn't. And when he has been less than "the man" he has repeatedly acted like a child.

Kelly has a lot of work to do to make himself into a player who plays well. He has even more work to do to become a leader. I wish him luck, but he hasn't shown what it takes yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree - suggesting that he transfer is ridiculous; he's

Apr 13, 2014, 5:25 AM

still a Clemson Tiger, and he still may be the starter come fall. Coaches will handle all of that stuff. The best thing for everybody would be for Chad to grow up, get his head screwed on straight, and play football - he wins, Clemson wins, we all win.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: While I do NOT like Chad Kelly's actions in the Spring game

Apr 13, 2014, 7:49 AM

I agree, we don't need to rip him to shreds. He's young and may grow into our best QB ever. BUT, I disagree that he's so "competitive". The kids who are competitive cared enough to keep their heads, respect their coaches and pour their guts out on the field. We've got a bunch of those by the way. Kelly needs to get more competitive. The local little league field is full of the other kind of "competitors".

Re: While I do NOT like Chad Kelly's actions in the Spring game

Apr 13, 2014, 7:54 AM

I agree 100% with everything in your post. Must say that his on field performance yesterday, however, did him no favors.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,378
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic