Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tajh, Sammy & Co. can't wait for that big ole SEC Dawg D to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Tajh, Sammy & Co. can't wait for that big ole SEC Dawg D to

Mar 4, 2013, 11:26 PM

roll into Death Valley #1 so to cause them to suck air by the 4th Q by rolling over them like we did LSyou! GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tajh, Sammy & Co. can't wait for that big ole SEC Dawg D to

Mar 5, 2013, 8:28 AM

I'm confident you can forget the 100 play thingy the tigernation is so giddy about. Lsu's lackluster offense had much to do with all those 3 and outs. Georgia's ability to control the clock with our running game should prevent clemson from getting near the century mark. Anyone ever wonder how Cu can run 52 more plays than LSU and still trail the entire game until the final game winning fg? You would think Morris' "O" would have won by 3-4 tds.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We trailed because we fumbled the ball twice in the RZ

Mar 5, 2013, 8:44 AM

had we not spotted them 10 points then we would have won by more. This actually helps our team out as they know what it's like to face heavy adversity and still refuse to buckle. I'll take that over a blow out or comfortable win as it builds character

Re: We trailed because we fumbled the ball twice in the RZ

Mar 5, 2013, 9:21 AM

Isn't it funny how nobody remembers any of that? Everybody says "they ran 100 plays and only won by 1 point." Nobody ever says "holy crap, they gave the mighty LSU 10 points and still won the game." That's quite alright by me, all you bulldogs go ahead and underestimate us, we like it like that!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. And while LSU's O wasn't great

Mar 5, 2013, 9:23 AM

it sure put on a clinic against Bama's D. Yet they could do nothing against us without our help. Fat=ct is that when your DL is getting 6 sacks their O won't look great no matter who they are.

This. Should have been a blowout

Mar 5, 2013, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: We trailed because we fumbled the ball twice in the RZ ]

In reality, it was "Clemson tried to give the game away, but still won against a very capable opponent."

If you only looked at the score, you'd probably infer something completely different, but Clemson was in control all but one quarter.

Re: We trailed because we fumbled the ball twice in the RZ

Mar 5, 2013, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: We trailed because we fumbled the ball twice in the RZ ]

I don't think anyone is underestimating clemson's offense, you have much of it coming back but you must also replace some key personnel much like Ga does on defense. And like the tigernation believes that you have the talent to replace said personnel we also feel we'll be fine on defense. Many of the 2013 Ga defensive starters already have starts in their careers.

Won't have to run anywhere near 100 plays...

Mar 5, 2013, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Tajh, Sammy & Co. can't wait for that big ole SEC Dawg D to ]

Late August, first game, even at night, the temp will be in the 80s and the humidity will be about 80 percent.

If our snap count is in the 80s as well ...

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And considering they are bringing in a brand new secondary

Mar 5, 2013, 9:22 AM

Tajh and Sammy will have a field day with them. I also expect many to learn the name G-Hop very soon next year. Kid is a burner just like Sammy.

Mar 5, 2013, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Tajh, Sammy & Co. can't wait for that big ole SEC Dawg D to ]

Superdawg,

Just so you know, the comments will get even less rational as game time approaches. It's fun to watch though.

Re: Re: Tajh, Sammy & Co. can't wait for that big ole SEC Dawg D to

Mar 5, 2013, 8:42 AM

It will be a battle of whos D gets the ball back for their O. Both D's have alot to prove early yalls is reloading after loseing 9 to the nfl ours will be young and maybe thats a good thing.

Re: Re: Tajh, Sammy & Co. can't wait for that big ole SEC Dawg D to

Mar 5, 2013, 11:09 AM

totally agree ...here's who we lose on defense des, washington/smith, nts geathers/adams, lbers jones/ogeltree/robinson/gillard, cummings/smith at cb and williams/rambo at s. Damian Swain started over smith pretty much the entire yr so we're only replacing 3 of the 4 in the secondary. Yes, we'll have an totally new defense but many will have starts under their belts.

Mar 5, 2013, 8:44 AM

No wonder about it. LSU's defense is pretty badass, especially in the red zone.
Georgia. . .not so much.

It comes down to which Clemson D shows up. If it's the one we fielded against VaTech in 2011 or LSU in 2013, we walk away smiling. If it's the one we plopped at NC State or USuC, then we walk away crying.

Re: Won't have to run anywhere near 100 plays...

Mar 5, 2013, 9:22 AM

Agree which goes back to a point with 9 gone to the nfl off their D will be with out some depth which leads back to your point Rev.

UGA D vs Clemson Secondary

Mar 5, 2013, 9:28 AM

Big uGA D? The D that lost 9 starters and 11 total defensive guys that played last year? Clemson O should man handle UGA D.while UGA O will Man handle Clemson secondary

With the addition of Alexander

Mar 5, 2013, 9:34 AM

And the return of our best corners in Jenkins and Breeland I'm not as concerned about them burning our secondary. It's the two headed beast in Gurshall that I believe most of our focus should be on. We stop them and force Murray to beat us and we win.

Re: With the addition of Alexander

Mar 5, 2013, 11:15 AM

aww come on. do you really put that much stock into a true freshman dback who will arrive in June to be a factor? what were Jenkins and Breeland's injuries? you look might thin back there. Boyd and Murray are going to put on a show.

Yes i do expect a 5 star DB to have an impact

Mar 5, 2013, 12:12 PM

Breeland, our best cover corner, was out with an abdomen injury and Jenkins was out for the year with surgery.

Re: UGA D vs Clemson Secondary

Mar 5, 2013, 9:35 AM [ in reply to UGA D vs Clemson Secondary ]

I'm more worried about UGA's running game than their passing attack.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

all I say is that our Defense better be ready to play

Mar 5, 2013, 9:54 AM

Georgia's offense is nothing like LSU's offense. Heck, the LSU could not make a five yard pass to save his life at the end of the game and he is no Murray. Our defense needs to play at its best to hold them down to less than 30 points. I believe their defense is in trouble with our offense. The have to replace 9 starters on defense and a new DC. We have a chance but flawless games by my tigers for us to win it...

Key game for national championship run.

Go Tigers

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

We don't need a flawless game to beat them

Mar 5, 2013, 10:03 AM

But we have to play well. They have more questions on their team then we do. And let's not forget that they will have a few suspensions before that game, they always do.

Over/under on # suspended before the game?***

Mar 5, 2013, 10:17 AM

Re: Over/under on # suspended before the game?***

Mar 5, 2013, 1:03 PM

Georgia 2
Clemson 4

Not sure if you're a coot or a dawg fan

Mar 5, 2013, 2:40 PM

But you lose either way. The last player to be suspended before the season for Clemson was Sammy and that's it. UGA always has around 3-4 players. Which is the one time that I thought OBS was funny in taking a shot at UGA

Re: We don't need a flawless game to beat them

Mar 5, 2013, 1:02 PM [ in reply to We don't need a flawless game to beat them ]

lest we forget Sammy still has to get through summer without running into curbs

Tell 'em coot***

Mar 5, 2013, 10:06 AM [ in reply to all I say is that our Defense better be ready to play ]

Take that crap somewhere else, clemson80

Mar 5, 2013, 10:17 AM

You're showing your red feathers a lot more than he is.

Re: This. Should have been a blowout

Mar 5, 2013, 10:25 AM

Gurlshell man that's aint nothing to stop. Scar QB had more rushing yards than them combined last year in that game. Its all about if Murray comes to play

Mar 5, 2013, 11:23 AM

That is misleading. After Sanders punt return and 21-0 lead we all but abandoned the running game. SC had success rushing only 4 and were dropping 8 in coverage the rest of the day......and a long day it was. Gurley was the "only RB to gain 100+ yards versus Flordia or Bama's defenses. That will be Venable's key to victory. ....stopping Gurshall. There is no doubt Murray's going to be successful throwing the ball and even more so if you can't controll the run.

Mar 5, 2013, 11:31 AM

Wait a minute...4+8=12. Is that how SEC defenses play so well?

Mar 5, 2013, 12:01 PM

sorry...Uga math. dropping seven of course.

Me thinks

Mar 5, 2013, 12:40 PM

This board is underestimating ugas defense....yes they have holes to fill but uga has always had great recruiting, syrong depth, and coaches that actually devrloped players....

Too much on here about boyd killing ugas d but clemsons d is too strong for murray. What? Clemson d was horrendous last year and a true freshman is not going to be a game changer in week 1. He will be nervous, going up against the best qb and wr he has ever faced in his life. Never, and i cant stress never eniugh, to bank on a true freshman in his first cfb game.

To me the battle becomes uga dline vs clemson oline. Clemson oline was not great last year. Clemson will have to establish a running game. Morris cant call trick plays and misdirection all night, uga coaches are probably watching film as we speak.

Oh and for posters who said, we should beat lsu by more, we gave thrm 10 points. You didnt give it to them, they took it from you....boydis a fantastic qb but throughoutnhis career he has been known for his happy feet and rushed throws.

This will be a great game but uga has put up amazing numbers for the past few years.

Rebuttal

Mar 5, 2013, 12:56 PM

If UGA did all that you just said then why hasn't it translated to the field? By your reasoning they should be a top 5-10 team almost every other year yet they aren't.

Also no one said our D was too tough for Murray but that UGA had many more question marks then we do. We bring back our entire DL and LB corp except for one player from each. We get three of our starting corners back from injury which provides depth and talent and add in a star DB hat if not starting by that point will be playing heavily. Also he played against Sammy Watkins in HS and shut him down at times so he's already played against the best WR that he could see.

UGA has to replace players on their DL while we bring back out OL except for our center but our backup got plenty of snaps and will be fine.

And yes we did give them 10 points. If not for those two costly fumbles in the RZ the game would not have been as close as it was. Also not sure why you take a shot at Boyd in that same sentence as he had nothing to do with those turnovers and didn't have one that entire game despite getting planted every 5 seconds.

Lastly, Clemson has put up amazing numbers these last few years, what are UGA's?

Mar 5, 2013, 2:52 PM

And even at 8pm, it should still be warm. LSU had the luxury....of playing in a DOME!!

Ga defenders dropping like flies as Tajh and Co roll into 80-100 plays!!

Love it!!

Go Tigers!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic