Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson's 'Big Weigh-In' results
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson's 'Big Weigh-In' results

Aug 1, 2019, 3:16 PM

Clemson's 'Big Weigh-In' results

Clemson held its annual weigh-in on Thursday ahead of Friday’s start of fall camp. Clemson 'Big Weigh-In' (sorted by number) 1 CB/WR Derion Kendrick 189 2 WR Fr Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The way Xavier Thomas moves at 268

Aug 1, 2019, 3:22 PM

good grief I would not want that running down hill at me with bad intentions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson's 'Big Weigh-In' results

Aug 1, 2019, 3:23 PM

Interesting that Gregg William's was listed as a DE.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 1, 2019, 5:14 PM

The plan was to move him to DE like they did with Foster and Rudolph. They needed a 6th DE now too since Logan Cash is hurt. It’ll be interesting to see if Williams fan develop at DE as well as Foster and Rudolph have.

TE Lay @ 273

Aug 1, 2019, 3:24 PM

That's a lot of TE

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's the biggest guy on the team. If you see him in pads

Aug 1, 2019, 3:27 PM

he's huge. He's a monster. Not sure if he stays at TW b/c he can be 3 bills easy in a year or two. IF he can block he might turn into an option at tackle. Right or Left.

Re: TE Lay @ 273

Aug 1, 2019, 3:36 PM [ in reply to TE Lay @ 273 ]

Is that for real? That almost seems like a type-o! I couldn't imagine having to defend a 270lb TE in coverage.

My thoughts too...

Aug 1, 2019, 4:02 PM

are we sure that's correct? My concern is his ability to even play and be an effective receiver. Yes, he's a big guy but thats an overweight TE by at least 20 lbs. He's just a freshman so no muscularly developed enough to carry a good 270 weight.

Re: My thoughts too...

Aug 1, 2019, 4:08 PM

From everything i've read he's a physical specimen so if that's all good weight....good grief....he is a monster.

Re: My thoughts too...

Aug 1, 2019, 8:07 PM

He was my son’s groups’ coach at the DW4 football camp. This guy is a freaking monster of a human being. He’s just so dang big, he doesn’t look like he weighs that much, if that makes any sense at all.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Avg NFL TE is 6'4" and 250

Aug 1, 2019, 4:24 PM [ in reply to TE Lay @ 273 ]

Kittle, Kelce, and Ertz are all in that 6'3-6'4 and 245-255 range.

Then there is J. Graham that is 6'7 and 263 and our Nemesis 2015 OJ Howard is 6'6" and 260.

I have heard people talk about how athletic JLay is but 6'6" at 273 is huge for TE. I am pretty sure he was listed as an ATH on one of the recruiting sites. I dont know how much extra weight he is carrying but i would think 260 would be a little better? No doubt he could easily jump up to 300lb for OL or even 290 for DE. Hopefully he is ready for TE this yr because we need him.

Re: Avg NFL TE is 6'4" and 250

Aug 1, 2019, 6:17 PM

Lay is the same height NE's Gronc and only 5# morenin weight... I expect all the.players will lose a few pounds in the next few.weeks.

Re: TE Lay @ 273

Aug 1, 2019, 5:15 PM [ in reply to TE Lay @ 273 ]

That weight is worrisome. But, he looks incredibly athletic on his pictures from social media. It honestly seems like a typo.

Could be in the plan to lean him back out

Aug 1, 2019, 5:21 PM

Have him add as much muscle as possible in the first year on campus and then keep that strength but lose 10 lbs or so.

At 6’6” he’s got the frame to carry it though. If he’s really 273 and can move like they’re saying that will be a fantastic weapon.

Jackson Carman at 335 is BMOC***

Aug 1, 2019, 3:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Jackson Carman at 335 is BMOC***

Aug 1, 2019, 3:36 PM

He lost 20 pounds too down to 335 from 355/360. That's huge weight that he will feel in his movement.

Not sure I wanted Nyles to lose weight but I guess he will be good at 290.

Tee Higgins at 217 will be a monster to bring down!

Jackson weighed in at 338 last year

Aug 1, 2019, 3:38 PM

He's only down 3 pounds from last August.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Call him BOB (Big Ole Boy) !!!!***

Aug 1, 2019, 4:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Keep in mind

Aug 2, 2019, 7:09 AM [ in reply to Jackson weighed in at 338 last year ]

He was in the middle of overhauling his body this time last year. Had to swap fat for muscle so it brought his weight up then he had to bring it back down.

So the weights from this year and last year are similar but the body comp is way different.

Aug 1, 2019, 3:29 PM

:)

Higgins jumped out to me!

Aug 1, 2019, 4:30 PM

I was surprised he gained 12lbs. I always thought Ross looked bigger than Higgins last year. If Higgins is just as athletic at that weight, he is gonna be a beast.

Look at our starting, second string and future WR's at they are all beasts. Ngata and Ladson, Powell, and look at Amari Rogers at 5'10" & 215, he is a stud! Makes me ready for football!

So, Lay weighs 5 pounds more than XT

Aug 1, 2019, 4:33 PM

Who moves like a cat...and we're concerned Lay can move like a tight end? Really?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2019, 4:47 PM

In awe at the size of these lads.

Taisum Phomochan, is that

Aug 1, 2019, 5:12 PM

move me to Safety weight? Or is that momma's cooking weight?

If it's muscle that is impressive.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Aug 1, 2019, 5:22 PM

Tee’s weight really jumps out at you. He’s always needed to add more muscle to his frame. He’s going to be a monster this year. Ngata at 218 does as well, but he’s always had a good frame. He’s going to be an incredible athlete. Can’t wait to watch him develop.

XT at 268, with his speed, is insane. Nyles at 290 was a bit surprising. Looks like we won’t have that massive body at DT like we had with Dex and DJ Reader over this run that we’ve been on. Jordan and Xavier Kelly both played DE in high school. Same with Reuben and Ruke. What we like in weight will be made up for by athleticism it seems.

The offensive line is the most impressive. That’s a massive bunch right there. Carman, Simpson, and Cervenka are massive. Pollard and Anchrum are 300+ and seniors. This is going to be a special group.

Lay at 273 has to be a typo. He doesn’t look that heavy in his pictures. I think we are going to have to accept that we won’t have much TE production again this year. Hopefully they will be great blockers like Garrett was.

PSHH Unreal***

Aug 1, 2019, 5:36 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: PSHH Unreal***

Aug 2, 2019, 10:45 AM

Psh all day!

Send ETN home for grandmas cooking for a couple days

Aug 1, 2019, 7:05 PM

to get that weight back up

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2019, 7:12 PM

Is anyone else amazed at how good our strength and conditioning coaches have become after we recruited better athletes?

You Guys Must Not Remember TE Jason Dunn from

Aug 1, 2019, 7:25 PM

The Chiefs in the early 2000’s. He was the Blocking TE opposite Tony Gonzalez. He was 6’5/6’6 and weighed 290/295. I met the guy in street clothes when he was still an active player. He looked like he weighed 250/260.

Re: You Guys Must Not Remember TE Jason Dunn from

Aug 1, 2019, 8:45 PM

I believe JL is that big as much as I believe Andrew Booth is a jr??

Aug 1, 2019, 7:27 PM

Williams and Pinckney down to become more athletic in the middle or because of injury I wonder?

Aug 1, 2019, 10:26 PM

Anybody else miss the Big Weigh-in Videos they used to post? It was always interesting to watch Dabo's reaction. My favorite was a few years ago when a rather hairy dude got up on the scale shirtless and you could hear someone in the background yell "Take of your sweater" - had a good belly laugh on that one. We've got some bigguns on the OL, no doubt. Go Tigers!

Lyn-J

Aug 1, 2019, 10:34 PM

Coming in at 196. That’s great news! He was light last year.

ETN . .

Aug 2, 2019, 2:15 AM

he dropped weight?

Aug 2, 2019, 6:51 AM

2 things that stood out.

Carman lost 20lbs. Thats awesome. He is getting fit.

I didntbrealize TE Jay was 273. Thats one big dude.

Blake Vinson? Logan Cash? Brian Dawkins Jr. ?

Aug 2, 2019, 9:10 AM

Don't see them. Logan Cash is redshirting so maybe he was excused. They could be letting Brian Dawkins Jr. sit out this year & concentrate on graduating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic