Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TRDJ's "here's what's going on" hot take re: Tiger O
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 317

TRDJ's "here's what's going on" hot take re: Tiger O

Sep 23, 2016, 1:12 PM

Macro plan is in effect....Datboy, Scottelliott, et all know EXACTLY what they are doing and it is playing out perfectly.

They started the season KNOWING they can win all of the games and have handicapped their team a bit early on to make them scronger while slow playing the season at-large.

Auburn: Want to win it, but the result really doesn't matter. We can lose this game, win the rest, and be all Nattied. So ya know what? Let's close up the playbook and play them scrait (cashhomie) up. Starters get the minutes, coaches ain't bailing you out. Wanna be grate? Go on, win with simple. Check.

Troy: Uhh. They suck, let's play with some 1s, mainly 2s, and a bunch of 3s and 4s. Again simple game plan and get the W. Check.

Sc State: LOL. Hardly 1s, some 2s, and 3-6 on depth chart with simple game plan should whoop dey assinta wanting to shorten the game. Done.

GT: Conf play. Shat getting real. Let's crack open the play book and see what happens. We'll open that muthra a hole lot if need be. If not, shutter down the play book and kill off the game. Donzo. *The only head scratcher was the (as SST put it so eloquently) FU TD we tried late in the game.

Mmmk. So think about the Orange Bowl and the Natty game and how we played offensively. Contrast that to games 1-4. Watson, our best RB....we rode him like a padonka-donked-donkey. How many designed qb runs have we seen this season so far? I can think of 1 or 2 early v GT then none. WHY NOT MORE? It's all part of the plan. Keep him fresh and only ride him when need be. Fact is the GT game was out of hand fairly early last night.

How much have we targeted Jordan L? Some v AU (and he sukked), but last night we found him. I think he had 4 catches which is about what we need from him.

What's rong with Waynetrain? Nothing. Carries have been minimal due to long term plans. When he HAS run we haven't been great with the OL and many have come on fairly obvious running downs. WG gets off as the game goes on. That's the kinda back he is. He needs 20 carries. He'll go 11-49 in the first half, then 11-75 in the 2nd half. Keeping him healthy.

Watson? I think he needs to be more involved in games longer, and that will happen. We are at our best when the threat of him running keeps a LB or S in to spy and keeps the DEs thinking more contain than sack. On a personal note from TRDJ to DW, flashing the "L" and "O" in support of a dead rapper that leaves behind 11 kids by 10 babbiemamas is stupid. Flash a "C" for rubbers, it's your social responsibility.

OL has been asked to do a lot of stuff that I think is good for them developmentally. We've run the ball a lot with predictable plays. Don't think we have issues here either.

Obviously Louisville becomes the biggest game of the year. Must win. I think you'll see DW with 8-12 qb designed runs that will open up an electric passing game. The OL will be asked to do specific jobs on specific plays and mainly chip/seal on zone runs instead of hat-on-hat nasty stuff and they will succeed.

TL;DR Nothing wrong with the Tigers settle thafuck down you bi-polar graduatebase and supporterbase.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My question is why Watson is throwing 40 times/ game

Sep 23, 2016, 1:15 PM

That seems like a lot more than last year. Meanwhile, he's not getting that many yards per attempt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JMO he's throwing more because it's taking more attempts

Sep 23, 2016, 1:20 PM

to get the completions (completion percentage is down). I think teams are fully aware that we are a running team with a spread dress on, so they are keying accordingly. Trick his we are now just handing the ball off...not a ton of misdirection, sweeps, qb runs, etc. DW with more qb designed runs I think will loosen all of this up and help us better establish the run and in turn open the pass, which should lead to a better completion rate.

I think I just said what I wanted to but I may have even confused myself here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We haven't truly opened the playbook until we see Wilkins

Sep 23, 2016, 1:39 PM

complete a fade to big Dex in the end zone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#ACCFTS

First off, I'd like to say...

Sep 23, 2016, 2:23 PM

you're doing a good job of keeping the hype train rolling for Game Day, Jessie Palmer.

Second, you really should try to work in more hair product thoughts in your on-screen game analysis.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 317
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic