Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: WATCH: Former Clemson DB pays off parents' Habitat home
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

TNET: WATCH: Former Clemson DB pays off parents' Habitat home

Feb 21, 2019, 11:57 AM

WATCH: Former Clemson DB pays off parents' Habitat home

Former Clemson defensive back Mackensie Alexander returned home to Collier County in Florida to give back last week. Alexander grew up in a Habitat for Humanity Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: WATCH: Former Clemson DB pays off parents' Habitat home

Feb 21, 2019, 12:17 PM

:)

Feb 21, 2019, 12:32 PM

Well done, young man. Well done!

Message was edited by: Tiger Nana®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2019, 12:34 PM

Surprised this is just happening... That being said, good for him. The most moving video I've ever seen about one of our players was the one by ESPN titled something like "Out of the Groves" which shows the tragic childhood and life of his parents as migrant type workers in the orange groves of immokalee, Florida. Such hardship and poverty!

^ For all you anti-immigrant folks, I hope you read this

Feb 21, 2019, 12:56 PM

Unalienable rights are rights for all people, not just (the right kind of) whitey. I’d say MA has made good on his American Dream, and now pays more in taxes than most of us ever will.

Re: ^ For all you anti-immigrant folks, I hope you read this

Feb 21, 2019, 1:04 PM

Please start this on another thread.

Don't spin this conversation away from the wonderful thing that was done by Alexander to repay his parents for the wonderful job they did raising him.

I'm not asking you not to make your point.

Just simply asking that you let the comments below this article remain positive.

Whether you are wrong or right, you are posting about a highly debated topic.

Congratulations to his parents and great job Mackensie Alexander!

Feb 21, 2019, 2:47 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

It's anti ILLEGAL you dumfuk ?

Feb 21, 2019, 1:08 PM [ in reply to ^ For all you anti-immigrant folks, I hope you read this ]

.Did you lock your home when you left it ? If you did shut it.

Walls are unethical.***

Feb 21, 2019, 1:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Not really.

Feb 21, 2019, 3:25 PM [ in reply to It's anti ILLEGAL you dumfuk ? ]

Trump admin supported the RAISE Act, introduced by Senators Cotton/Perdue in 2017. The purpose of that bill was to cut LEGAL immigration to the US by 50%, and cap annual refugee admissions.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've never locked my house or my car

Feb 21, 2019, 8:23 PM [ in reply to It's anti ILLEGAL you dumfuk ? ]

Amazingly, I've never lost anything.

You're laughably uninformed.***

Feb 21, 2019, 1:10 PM [ in reply to ^ For all you anti-immigrant folks, I hope you read this ]

There's something in these hills.

Feb 21, 2019, 4:14 PM [ in reply to ^ For all you anti-immigrant folks, I hope you read this ]

Way to bring politics into it, d-bag. There's a reason ESPN has lost over 15 million subscribers since they advanced their political/leftist/ morally-superior tilt. No one wants to hear it.

Didn't work for them; isn't really working for you.

Feb 21, 2019, 7:32 PM [ in reply to ^ For all you anti-immigrant folks, I hope you read this ]

Now that the racist in the room has shared his opinion, let's get back to talking about football, shall we?

Feb 22, 2019, 11:46 AM [ in reply to ^ For all you anti-immigrant folks, I hope you read this ]

I think MA's parents were migrant workers, American citizens that moved with the citric harvest in Florida. The work is very hard, but in MA's parents case has nothing to do with immigrants.

Feb 21, 2019, 1:09 PM

Young man was focused from the time he hit Clemson Campus, and today as a man he is still as focused and continuing to do the right thing! Should be wealthy pretty soon as well! Congratulations for being a great example for youth!

Feb 21, 2019, 4:22 PM

Hits nail on head ^^^

Feb 21, 2019, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Former Clemson DB pays off parents' Habitat home ]

Love it Thank you Alexander

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know Mackensie had to make the best decision for him

Feb 21, 2019, 2:00 PM

and his family.

But, I truly believe if he would have stayed 1 more year he would have been a first round draft pick the next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree but I believe it was him that wanted to transfer

Feb 21, 2019, 2:20 PM

After his freshman year. I don’t know the reasons why but it was a big topic at the time. I expected him to leave as soon as he was eligible to go to the draft.

Re: I agree but I believe it was him that wanted to transfer

Feb 21, 2019, 3:13 PM

Fully expecting Mac to go after 3 especially after learning how hard his parents had to work everyday.

I love Mac - his attitude is why my avatar is a picture of him

Feb 21, 2019, 3:36 PM

He’s one of my favorite all time players, a true definition of a lock down corner. Great article on a great person!

Feb 21, 2019, 3:36 PM

I thought Habitat for Humanity homes were free? Aren’t all the materials and labor donated? Is the mortgage just on the land?

H f H homes are not free, they are "affordable"...

Feb 21, 2019, 4:02 PM

this from their website:

How does Habitat for Humanity homeownership work?

Families in need of decent, affordable housing apply for homeownership with their local Habitat for Humanity.

Each local Habitat’s family selection committee selects homeowners based on three criteria:

The applicant’s level of need.
Their willingness to partner with Habitat.
Their ability to repay a mortgage through an affordable payment plan.

Habitat’s homebuyers invest hundreds of hours of their own labor, called sweat equity, working alongside volunteers and other Habitat homeowners, in addition to paying an affordable mortgage and receiving financial education.

Habitat for Humanity follows a nondiscriminatory policy of family selection. Neither race nor religion is a factor in choosing Habitat’s homeowners.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No you still have to qualify and get a mortgage. They are

Feb 21, 2019, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Former Clemson DB pays off parents' Habitat home ]

just less. People donate at reduced amounts etc. The homeowner's work for free but the contractor's are still paid. I charge 50% of my regular rates for habitat projects.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2019, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Former Clemson DB pays off parents' Habitat home ]

If you are interested in learning more about how Habitat works, just google "Deshaun Watson's mom." Deshaun's mom was very involved in the construction of their home while working long hours and raising 4 kids. (And clearly doing a great job raising those kids!)

Feb 21, 2019, 4:13 PM

He is one of my favorites - focused, hard working, never settles for 2nd best. I would want him on my team or in my foxhole. Obviously, he learned that from mom and dad. We need more people like him and his family.

Way to go Mackensie!! You have always ...

Feb 21, 2019, 5:49 PM

... been one of my favorites... and now even more so!! Many blessings going forward!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Good ole Mac...

Feb 21, 2019, 7:24 PM

He doesn't get hurt, we have triplets. Best wishes for continued success and happiness. Clemson is cheering for you.

Feb 22, 2019, 12:19 PM

During his playing days as a Tiger, it was hard to get a read on him - he was not outspoken and just went about his business on the field at a high level. As I recall, once he graduated he started doing more interviews and opened up. Based on that getting to know the person inside the helmet, I have to say that he is one of my all-time favorite Tiger athletes. Good job and keep on making us proud!

Feb 22, 2019, 1:00 PM

great player and student athlete, keep setting the standard... awesome to pay it forward..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic