Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Two Clemson commits add fifth star, jump up Rivals rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

TNET: Two Clemson commits add fifth star, jump up Rivals rankings

Dec 4, 2018, 12:17 PM

Two Clemson commits add fifth star, jump up Rivals rankings

Two Clemson commits vaulted up the latest 2019 rankings update for Rivals.com this week. Cornerback Andrew Booth (Lawrenceville, Ga.) moved into the top-10 on M Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Two Clemson commits add fifth star, jump up Rivals rankings

Dec 4, 2018, 12:24 PM

Imagine these two talented guys going against each other one on one. How much will they push and develop each other? "Iron sharpens iron."

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love it

Dec 4, 2018, 12:26 PM

I hope some more of our commits go up in the rankings.

Re: TNET: Two Clemson commits add fifth star, jump up Rivals rankings

Dec 4, 2018, 12:38 PM

and some were crying that we were not signing enough 5*'s early this recruiting cycle.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd rather have a 3 star that turns out like Grady Jarrett

Dec 4, 2018, 1:42 PM

than a 5 star that turns out like Mike Bellamy or Josh Belk or Shameik Blackshear... all 3 or those guys had the ranking but have had different issues that did or is derailing their potential...

give me winners with talent over the star rankings

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm gonna have to go with the 5*s we have gotten over the

Dec 4, 2018, 3:09 PM

past few years...Spiller,Sammy,DW(absolutely should have been and would have been if he had picked UGA),Wilkins,Lawrence I,Lawrence II,Alexander,Mullen,Lamar,Higgins,Ross,........and I know I missed couple....I don't see any potential failures in that group...

the key in all of that is that WE have gotten them

Dec 5, 2018, 12:41 PM

not all 5*s are the same... i'm not discounting 5*s but there are just as many 5*s that don't fulfill their potential as there are that do. so for Clemson, the 5* rating doesn't matter if the person that they are does not fit the program...

for all of the talent that Mecole Hardman possesses, he was still not oversign worthy over the receivers we took: Diondre Overton, Cornell Powell and TJ Chase. maybe he thought that we should have been as hospitable as $uga$ and waited for his commitment while he enjoyed the process; I don't know that for sure but we will take the player that best fits the program from a personal and ability standpoint. all of our 5*s fit the program personally and with ability...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd rather have a 3 star that turns out like Grady Jarrett

Dec 4, 2018, 5:08 PM [ in reply to I'd rather have a 3 star that turns out like Grady Jarrett ]

Don't forget Vic Beasley. He was a 2* o e 3* and was recruited as a AN if I remember correctly. My point was some were complaining we were not getting high profile commits. Regardless of stars, we Are pretty much getting quality athletes who are winners in more ways than one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was agreeing with you and giving examples of how

Dec 5, 2018, 12:45 PM

we are better equipped to win on the field rather than win the recruiting rankings...

Jones and Constantin are still in Top 100.

Dec 4, 2018, 1:01 PM

Re: Jones and Constantin are still in Top 100.

Dec 4, 2018, 3:28 PM

Don't forget about Ladson in the Top 100. Here are our commits in the Top 100.

#8 Booth 5*****
#21 Nogata 5*****
#36 Ladson 4****
#91 S. Jones 4****
#94 Constantin 4****

Crouch is listed as #30 and a 4****. He was dropped 21 spots, probably due to his injury and not playing. If he eventually commits to the Tigers, that will give us 6 in the top 100. We are currently sitting at #3 in the team rankings.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jones and Constantin are still in Top 100.

Dec 4, 2018, 3:50 PM

Got a decent shot at Clay Webb too... and you never know who this staff could surprise us with.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that 3 or 4 Five Star recruits by at least one service?***

Dec 4, 2018, 1:30 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Three

Dec 4, 2018, 2:49 PM

Ladson made 5* WR on 247... none of our guys are ESPN 5*.

An embarrassment of riches!***

Dec 4, 2018, 3:28 PM

Proof that our coaches recruit the right way

Dec 5, 2018, 1:20 PM

Some of the jump are measurables. Most of the jump is work ethic and attitude. Once Coach JB, BV, and DS get to em it's a wrap!

We have had just as many Failed 2 and 3* as we have

Dec 5, 2018, 1:26 PM

4 and 5* so stop with the rather have. That is a Mute argument that we want high character ok. We START with that. So after they pass then we WANT 4 and 5*

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic