Topic: TNET: Tigers fall in opener at No. 16 NC State
Replies: 13   Last Post: May 11, 2019 11:29 AM by: Judge Keller®
[ Tiger Boards - Baseball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 13  

TNET: Tigers fall in opener at No. 16 NC State

Posted: May 10, 2019 9:19 PM

Tigers fall in opener at No. 16 NC State

RALEIGH, N.C. – Jason Parker and Nick Swiney combined on a five-hit performance in No. 16 NC State’s 6-1 victory over Clemson at Doak Field on Friday night. The Read Update »

Re: TNET: Tigers fall in opener at No. 16 NC State

[2]
Posted: May 10, 2019 9:23 PM

we swing at bad pitches then watch good pitches go by!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

[1]
Posted: May 10, 2019 9:25 PM

Man! It’s just like Tiger Basketball, we just can’t seem to when the close ones...

Posted: May 10, 2019 9:56 PM

We got beat 6-1

Posted: May 10, 2019 10:36 PM

I think we lost by 5, hardly a huge # when considering , in theory, the number of runs you can score in baseball is infinitesimal.

Posted: May 11, 2019 7:53 AM

The no. of runs you can score, in theory, is "infinite"...scoring one is closer to "infinitesimal".

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Lucky Johnson

The difference is that basketball is consistently competitive

[2]
Posted: May 10, 2019 10:43 PM

under Brownell, even against teams with better history and talent. I’m not sure the same can be said for our baseball team losing 6-1 to NC State.

2019 white level member

would you consider hosting a regional 3 straight years

[1]
Posted: May 10, 2019 10:54 PM

Consistently competitive?

Yes, I would consider that competitive.

Posted: May 11, 2019 11:29 AM

I was referring to the 6-1 loss to NC State being used as a comparison point to our basketball team.

2019 white level member

[1]
Posted: May 10, 2019 9:30 PM

Surprise. Surprise.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

team quit after UGA

[1]
Posted: May 10, 2019 10:19 PM

I’m a Monte supporter, but this is a bad coaching job

Re: team quit after UGA

Posted: May 10, 2019 10:59 PM

The sooner he is fired or leaves clemson the sooner most will be happy! Bad hire

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

I'm neutral on Monte at this point

[1]
Posted: May 10, 2019 11:00 PM

I was a big fan when he came on board...slightly disappointed when we failed to get out of our own regionals...then happy again when the team showed some real promise at the beginning of this year, especially with the young players. This drought since UGA is pretty concerning though. When I hear him being interviewed, he sounds like an encyclopedia of baseball. However some of the things and decisions that have happened in games are mind boggling. People say he has good players coming in so hopefully next year will be better.

Posted: May 11, 2019 9:10 AM

So sad to watch a once proud program fall this far. When you look at the resources our team has available and the facilities they have compared to most programs in the country it is really disappointing the way we are performing. There are those who like to mask the disappointment by blaming it on injuries, suspensions lack of pitching, poor defense and whatever other excuses they can dream up.
The bottom line is we are fundamentally a very sorry team. We don't bunt well, we can't go opposite field to move up runners, can't make adjustments at the plate with 2 strikes and the list goes on. It seems our strategy at the plate is, swing from your heels and hope you make contact, resulting in an abundance of pop ups. On the mound we consistently fall behind in the count, walk way to many hitters and fail to move pitches around. Add to this a lack of clutch performers and the appearance of a lack of team spirit and you end up with product we're
witnessing. We can bring in all the talent in the world but until there is a leadership change the result will be the same.

Replies: 13  
[ Tiger Boards - Baseball ]
Start New Topic
1427 people have read this post