Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Three Tigers make SI's top-10 players
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

TNET: Three Tigers make SI's top-10 players

Jun 21, 2018, 10:58 AM

Three Tigers make SI's top-10 players

Three Tigers were named among the top-10 players in college football by Sports Illustrated this week. SI tabbed nine Clemson players total for their Top 100 cou Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i like big dex and think he's done a good job

Jun 21, 2018, 11:33 AM

but i can't (unless biased) say he's a top ten player in the nation. He's big no doubt and is alot to handle but he doesn't get more results than Grady Jarrett did. And Grady Jarrett never got the accolades that Dexter gets. I'd like to see Dexter get more results this year, more hurries, knock downs, etc. I seem to even think Huggie bear could do more than Dex. At the same time i'm comparing him to the rest of our d-line players which is a high,high standard. So maybe his results are subdued b/c of all the other guys being so good. But... i'm just waiting on Dexter to be this unstoppable force and if i'm honest..i haven't seen it yet.

Compare him to Daron Payne from Bama last year... Payne was an unstoppable force that not many (namely us) couldn't handle. That's the kinda year i want to see from Dexter this year. Just think if you had a Daron Payne and a Christian Wilkins on the line... i think Dexter can do that and I hope he takes that next step this year and not get complacent with these preseason awards and think he's arrived.

Re: i like big dex and think he's done a good job

Jun 21, 2018, 1:40 PM

Big Dex is faster and more athletic (as a DL, which means "for a few yards") than Payne, which will make him highly valuable to a pro team. Almost like a way oversized LB.
Payne is a little more of a one trick pony--like Lamar Jackson, he is incredibly good at that one trick--using power and fury on the center of the line and gobbling up double teams. Pruitt switched Bama's defense to the 3-4 last year to maximize Payne's effect on opposing lines. I agree that he caused massive disruption in the middle of our line, and can cause the center to make consistently low snaps like Falcinelli did in last year's Sugar Bowl.
BTW, Payne was the 13th player drafted this year.
But DTs always cause more problems than they get credit for. Dabo says we will all marvel at what Dex can do now that his foot is healthy.

health is Dexter's biggest issue, please don't dismiss it...

Jun 21, 2018, 7:27 PM [ in reply to i like big dex and think he's done a good job ]

I believe that Dexter only played a maximum of 3 games at or above 80% of his full health. a guy his size with a bad foot is not going to be as effective as anyone would like because he has to first put his own 300+ lbs on the foot, then you add the weight, twisting and grinding of another 300+ lb man to that and he is going to be less effective immediately, let alone over the course of a game and a season...

a healthy Big Dex is a top 10 player in the country and I am glad he is getting these acccolades and recognition; it serves Clemson well with current and future recruits by keeping the spotlight on the program and our players...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: health is Dexter's biggest issue, please don't dismiss it...

Jun 22, 2018, 11:53 AM

I agree with you about the injury. Dexter was much better his freshman year. I believe he will be a major force this year. That line is a killer for opposing offenses.

Re: TNET: Three Tigers make SI's top-10 players

Jun 21, 2018, 1:53 PM

9 in the Top 100 is the bigger story.

How long will Renfrow be underrated?

Jun 21, 2018, 1:54 PM

Nm

As long as Deshaun Watson or another NFL level QB ...

Jun 24, 2018, 11:39 AM

talent is not on the field to throw Hunter Renfrow the ball, Renfrow will be underrated and under utilized. Clemson currently has one certain NFL level QB talent on the team. His name is Trevor Lawrence. If you want to see Renfrow return to his potential, you will pull for the coaches to ready and put TL on the field as soon as possible so Clemson can return to WRU status. Only in this way will Renfrow, Higgins, Rodgers, Kendrick and all the star talent be optimized.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As long as Deshaun Watson or another NFL level QB ...

Jul 2, 2018, 3:08 PM

Spot on. I couldn't agree more. KB may well play in the NFL, but not at QB. TL absolutely will.

Jun 21, 2018, 1:55 PM

Only 3? You gotta be kidding me.

Jun 21, 2018, 2:00 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe the greatest DL in the history of CFB.

Jun 21, 2018, 2:53 PM

We'll see.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2018, 7:24 PM

I don't care what nobody say feaster should be on that list

why?

Jun 21, 2018, 7:32 PM

if there is a player that really needs to show more, it's Feaster. whether the post spring depth chart is an actual evaluation or a motivational tool, it still means that Feaster has to make much improvement to live up to the lofty expectations of being a 5-star recruit. if Etienne has truly passed him, he's not deserving of the list. he played too tentative as a freshman and he played too heavy as a sophomore. I hope he finds his healthy balance of weight and toughness and be what we and he truly want him to be by wearing #28...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's CW's team ... He's the leader.

Jun 24, 2018, 11:45 AM

He will tell Dabo and TE when the team is ready to accept TL as the starter. Then it's go time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic