Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Summer athletics update: Brownell contract, construction and alcohol sales
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

TNET: Summer athletics update: Brownell contract, construction and alcohol sales

Jun 20, 2018, 3:22 PM

Summer athletics update: Brownell contract, construction and alcohol sales

Clemson Athletic Director Dan Radakovich said he and men’s basketball coach Brad Brownell are very close to getting Brownell’s new contract complete. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No Beer. Scroll on.***

Jun 20, 2018, 3:56 PM

YES!

Jun 20, 2018, 3:58 PM

No alcohol to take away from the family atmosphere we love so much. Good call Dan!

Agreed. And it makes my seats more valuable.

Jun 20, 2018, 4:12 PM

:)

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Agreed. And it makes my seats more valuable.

Jun 20, 2018, 5:27 PM

Alcohol is not the same for everyone. You do not have to drink alcohol to get drunk and wild. I enjoy the taste. So people like me are treated like the azzholes that have to get drunk and cause problems. Thats good . . .

Re: Agreed. And it makes my seats more valuable.

Jun 20, 2018, 6:37 PM

I have to disagree with this one. I think you do have to drink alcohol to get drunk and wild. At least every drunk I ever seen wildin out was drinking alcohol

You don’t have to drink alcohol to get drunk??***

Jun 20, 2018, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Agreed. And it makes my seats more valuable. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You don’t have to drink alcohol to get drunk??***

Jun 21, 2018, 5:27 AM

I think he meant you don't have to get drunk every time you drink. That IS a true statement, even if originally worded in the wrong way. The issue with that, of course, is that too many WILL get wild, which is why it's best to not sell it inside the stadium. Personally, I hate getting "wasted", and I haven't in years, but I drink quite often, all the same. It seems most don't have that kind of self control, though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: YES!

Jun 21, 2018, 1:55 PM [ in reply to YES! ]

I'm calling B.$. on that. There is enough alcohol being consumed before the game-- not to mention pass outs at halftime-- that serving in the stadium wouldn't make an ounce of difference. Because of that, I'm not adamant that it's sold in the stadium, but to play the "family atmosphere" card when half the stadium is already boozed up is just nonsense.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Summer athletics update: Brownell contract, construction and alcohol sales

Jun 20, 2018, 6:00 PM

I support no alcohol at the events. Enough of that goes on at the tailgate. Some people need to use the game to sober up before heading home

Re: TNET: Summer athletics update: Brownell contract, construction and alcohol sales

Jun 20, 2018, 7:27 PM

My opinion has always been that alcohol sales wasn't a good idea for Clemson sports. Clemson sports has been for a long long time a family thing, and there is no place for alcohol sales when it's about the family first!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't think it's going to be -200 for RV spots.

Jun 20, 2018, 9:58 PM

I listened to the remarks and think there will be 200 spots or so removed including some RV and some regular car parking. There aren't but about 200 spots total in Jervey Meadows for RVs.

Also glad to hear that there are no plans for alcohol in the stadium. That way lies Williams-Brice.

Message was edited by: flyingtigerfan® - I know they don't sell alcohol in W-B, but that would be our path to having some of their fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They need to hire someone to research and develop...

Jun 21, 2018, 7:59 AM

a program to defeat ACC officials.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Out of curiosity...

Jun 21, 2018, 10:32 AM

What's the hold-up on Brad Brownell's contract? Are they negotiating salary/bonuses/contract length, hiring resources (coaches, etc.), or talking about game plans? Pardon my ignorance, I just don't know what all goes into these things.

Jun 21, 2018, 11:41 AM

I'm at every home game and drink at each one @ the tailgate spot. I have a great time doing so but am adamantly against alcohol sales at the game.

One reason: Alcohol can turn any fan into an @######. Clemson is different because of the atmosphere. If you want to turn it into a red-neck hell hole (due to normal people getting sh*t canned), then go attend USC games in columbia instead.

No alcohol Sales in Death Valley

Jun 22, 2018, 8:38 PM

I agree but also find it funny that the ones making the rules have plenty of alcohol flowing in the Boxes and in the West & South zone clubs. NO sales but lots of booze!

Seems a little hypocritical!

I

No alcohol Sales in Death Valley

Jun 22, 2018, 8:38 PM

I agree but also find it funny that the ones making the rules have plenty of alcohol flowing in the Boxes and in the West & South zone clubs. NO sales but lots of booze!

Seems a little hypocritical!

I

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic