Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Report: Miami top target carted off practice field
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

TNET: Report: Miami top target carted off practice field

Nov 29, 2017, 2:29 PM

Report: Miami top target carted off practice field

Miami receiver Ahmmon Richards, a former freshman All-American, was carted off the Hurricanes practice field Wednesday, according to a Miami Herald report. Acco Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Report: Miami top target carted off practice field

Nov 29, 2017, 2:32 PM

Sorry to hear that. These young men work very hard during the whole year to be able to play during the season and it stinks when they get injured. Hopefully it is nothing serious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate that for him.

Nov 29, 2017, 2:34 PM

Hopefully it's not too bad and he makes it back in time for the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hate that for him.

Nov 29, 2017, 2:36 PM

Canes best 3 offensive players gone for ACC championship game bs Clemson
Rb Walton, TE Herndon & Wr Richards
That’s a lot to overcome, they were already underdogs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They still have their #1 WR Berrios***

Nov 29, 2017, 2:40 PM

Re: They still have their #1 WR Berrios***

Nov 29, 2017, 2:42 PM

And RB Travis Homer who is an absolute beast.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Nov 29, 2017, 2:43 PM [ in reply to They still have their #1 WR Berrios*** ]

And RB Travis Homer who is an absolute beast.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Nov 30, 2017, 10:44 AM

Though beyond a triple option GT...what single RB this season has over 100 yards on Clemson?? You can even count Syracuse. I'll wait....

Re: Hate that for him.

Nov 29, 2017, 9:19 PM [ in reply to Hate that for him. ]

I always hate to see injuries.

Nov 29, 2017, 2:38 PM

Speedy recovery young man.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 29, 2017, 2:43 PM

That's huge. Richards had been battling injuries all year but when healthy or even close he was a Top-5 receiver in the country and even playing through injuries he had still grabbed 30+ balls for 18.3 yards a pop.

Big, big loss. Their leading receiver is their slot guy, Barrios, who everybody compares to Hunter Renfrow...I dunno if he's quite that good but he's definitely good, one of the top slots in the country.

They do have a couple of other huge targets on the outside, guys who are 6'4"+, but we're also talking guys with 15 or fewer catches on the season. They aren't toothless but they're definitely hurting more than a bit.

That TE loss is what really kills them. They were murdering people off play-action with Herndon, making everybody pay for loading extra helmets in the box to take care of their very good duo of RB's, Walton and Homer...Walton, unfortunately, they lost for the year a few games back as well.

Also worth noting, Malik Rosier apparently has some sort of shoulder injury. Dunno how bad but it certainly isn't helping him.

Homer and Barrios are the only impact players they have left on O. Their OL is suspect.

Their O should have a hard time. Our own O needs to be efficient.

Nov 29, 2017, 2:53 PM

Hate to hear of any of these kids getting injured. Always best to beat a team full strength, and if you have to lose, to lose full strength and not have those "what if's" lingering out there, especially with a potential playoff big looming.

Nov 29, 2017, 3:02 PM

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. This is why I love Tigers being able to play 71 guys in a game, regardless of the score, just get the W. “Next Man Up!”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Terrible news. Wanna beat the best.***

Nov 29, 2017, 3:07 PM

Re: Terrible news. Wanna beat the best.***

Nov 29, 2017, 6:52 PM

Yep, I feel the same way, and that is why playing the coots aren't any fun playing them anymore bc, beating them is like clubbing baby seals to death!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Terrible news. Wanna beat the best.***

Nov 29, 2017, 8:18 PM

Exactly, and that is only FUN, for a little while!

Nov 29, 2017, 3:36 PM

That sucks for him and the team, but I remember him being banged up and limping in the Pitt game. I think he was already questionable going into this game. But their leading WR is Berrios and he's tough to contain. But without their security blanket TE and go to deep threat, its going to be a challenge for them against an already top ranked defense

Nov 29, 2017, 3:40 PM

Hate that for the kid, hope he has a full recovery. With that said, I still hope we beat the tar out of Miami.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sucks BAD. I hate to hear that.***

Nov 29, 2017, 4:14 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2017, 4:20 PM

So can we get ready to hear all the excuses

#ClemsonWillRepeat

Nov 29, 2017, 4:39 PM

Richards has been plagued by injuries all season. He has not been able to get back to last years form. Luckily we are pretty deep at WR. Yes losing him will hurt, but losing Walton early in the year and Herndan last week will have more of an impact on our offense.

Nov 29, 2017, 4:44 PM

Great teams respond to adversity. This will test their mettle. It sure affected us at times this season and we persevered in every case but 1, and had the chance even then.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2017, 6:44 PM

This is when our D better play one of their best defensive games of the year, at least through a half to break Miami's spirit bc teams sometimes come together better and play harder when a big time injury hits, more so than they do under normal circumstances when everybody is healthy. Some will give more bc they feel that the team needs them more, just saying!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D - Line Has To Play Well For Tigers

Nov 29, 2017, 7:36 PM

With some of the injuries mounting for the Canes; I think it's imperative the DL have a good to great game Saturday containing the run.
If Miami is unable to be balanced; and the Tigers can get them in obvious passing situations, I love our chances.
Rosier has developed a rapport with those two passing targets clearly! When rushed to make a quicker than you want decision, it's good to have a comfort zone. It appears he won't have all his comfort blankets. Berrios yes; who is a handful. But, you focus more attention on him on those downs. But, 1st we have to get them to 3rd down in unfavorable down and distance. They are well below average on 3rd down even with those players! W/O they likely won't be better! They are or were as of 11-24-17 last in the ACC and 104th nationally on 3rd down. Defense will have to get them to 3rd down and it starts with Wilkins, Lawrence, Bryant and Ferrell. LB's will have to play well as well as Muse @ safety. Mark Richt loves to play games with safeties!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2017, 9:23 PM

He got hurt against Pitt. He limped off the field early in the fourth. He probably tried to go this week for his team but couldn't. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Nov 30, 2017, 8:50 AM

I do too, but I trust nothing coming from a MR coached team. We'll see if he is healthy on Sat. I hope he is okay, and will heal up, but I will wait to see on Saturday night if this is for real.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2017, 9:54 PM

I expect a miraculous recovery. He probably will play Saturday would be my guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2017, 8:59 AM

He tore his mensicus, has nothing to do with any of his previous injury. Was expecting big things from him. Next MAN UP!!! It will hurt, but to get back to miami of old, the next guy was just as good.

Nov 30, 2017, 9:24 AM

Sucks for that kid. I hope he recovers quickly. As for their fan base...... they deserve it all!

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/canes/127477

Karma is a b!tch

Nov 30, 2017, 9:32 AM

Karma for the fanbase is the kid tearing his meniscus?

Nov 30, 2017, 10:17 AM

Yes? I feel terrible for that kid, I sure would never want him hurt. Just saying when your fan base takes pride in knocking other players out of games, nobody feels bad when it happens to you. We feel bad for the PLAYERS who do the work and had that taken from THEM, not for you. Go Tigers

Nov 30, 2017, 9:36 AM

Get well soon young man.

Go Tigers..........

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic