Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #84 '1965 Band Day at Death Valley'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,540

TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #84 '1965 Band Day at Death Valley'

Jun 24, 2020, 8:48 AM

LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #84 '1965 Band Day at Death Valley'

TigerNet will be posting several historic Clemson photos during this difficult time with no Clemson sports. Long-time TigerNet member Mintaka ® submitted many o Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #84 '1965 Band Day at Death Valley'

Jun 24, 2020, 10:08 AM

Those vintage IPTAY endzones pretty cool. Game must have been IPTAY Day as well as Band Day.

I think I remember IPTAY being in the end zones a lot back then, not just on IPTAY day.***

Jun 24, 2020, 7:36 PM

I think I remember IPTAY being in the end zones a lot back then, not just on IPTAY day.***

Jun 24, 2020, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #84 '1965 Band Day at Death Valley' ]

Jun 24, 2020, 10:20 AM

This photo touched me. I am proud of the those who came before me.

Six years later, I arrived on campus. I had applied to NC State, Tennessee, Auburn and Clemson. I was accepted by all of them.

Clemson made it clear that they welcomed me. The others sent impersonal acceptance letters. Clemson sent a packet of information that blew me away. I had been interested in going to school away from my hometown, Greenville.

I had never really considered going to Clemson, I grew up in a Citadel family. Several relatives graduated from The Citadel, including my father. My mother went to Furman, my brother was already at Georgia Tech.

I love the "Peace" message. It was ahead of the curve, as people were just beginning to realize the power individuals have.

May peace, understanding, and compassion prevail.

Jun 24, 2020, 10:26 AM

Nice- it looks like a post card pic from that era

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2020, 3:10 PM

I was there in 1965. We had Band Day every year when we played a non-ACC team that couldn't bring any spectators to the game. Also many Clemson fans stayed home because of the opponent. They would invite many of the school bands in the upstate to perform with the Clemson Band. They filled up the side seating in the North stands. Did you notice most fans where dressed in white and very little orange. Everybody dressed up to go to the games. I remember wearing a coat and tie to the September games and burning up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was also there - probably in the picture somewhere

Jun 24, 2020, 9:19 PM

but never in a suit . No amount of money would have made me wear one to a game - still hate them even for weddings or funerals

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,540
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic