Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #25 'Judge Keller'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #25 'Judge Keller'

Apr 26, 2020, 9:07 AM

LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #25 'Judge Keller'

TigerNet will be posting several historic Clemson photos during this difficult time with no live sports. Long-time TigerNet member Mintaka ® submitted many of t Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Met the Judge many times & just chatted with Son Bryon (Leonard) at store last Nov.

Apr 26, 2020, 9:16 AM

What a special family & store and surprisingly they have some neat Clemson stuff found no where else.

I use to go there years ago with my student Son to get our Duck Head brand slacks & shorts.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Met the Judge many times & just chatted with Son Bryon (Leonard) at store last Nov.

Apr 26, 2020, 11:16 AM

how did you guys keep the dust from getting every where before they paved the roads?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, when he was younger, he looked just like a young

Apr 26, 2020, 9:30 AM

Brad Brownell? :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought this was going to be a Clemson basketball or Brad

Apr 26, 2020, 9:36 AM

Brownell post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #25 'Judge Keller'

Apr 26, 2020, 9:37 AM

Enjoy the photos. I would really love to be able to see the photos on the wall of Dan's back in 1969.

Apr 26, 2020, 10:36 AM

Where exactly was the wooden framed "Judge Keller's" building located? Thanks.
GO TIGERS!!!

Apr 26, 2020, 11:04 AM

Every time I go back to Tiger Town, I try and stop by to see Leonard just so I can refresh my memories of going into Judge Keller's in the 50's with my Dad. It was a mix between hardware and dry goods. The desk in the back of the store must be 100 years old. What a great tradition at Clemson!

Apr 26, 2020, 11:05 AM

Remember it well. I think I still have a sweater I bought there in 1966 manufactured under the Pringle brand from England. Will have to "dig" it out to confirm. Dan's Sandwich Shop and Judge Keller dry goods--A+. Thanks for the photos.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2020, 12:51 PM

My father finished Clemson with Bryan Keller in the Class of 1933. Leonard went to D.W. Daniel High School with me prior to me going to Clemson. I grew up in Clemson and went to Judge Keller's store with my Father. When I come to Clemson for football season, I try to go in and visit at least one time during the home games.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Hey 45Tiger (Larry)! ??

Apr 26, 2020, 1:11 PM

Glad to see you’re active & alive my ole college buddy. Tell your super & now really large Family hellO and hope we’ll be seeing each other come Fall at Tigertown.

Cheers, BiLL

PS: Check out your (probably 1st) Tmail.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2020, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #25 'Judge Keller' ]

Had the fortunate experience of knowing Issac “Leonard” Keller from high school to now. He and I played football at Daniel and we were co-captains our senior year. He is a fine person that his father would be very proud of as continuing his legacy at Judge Keller’s Store.

Apr 26, 2020, 2:18 PM

Poor grad student in 68. Death in family in GA. Had old suit. Called Keller and he said come at 6:00. Went there. Told him this reminded me of getting uniforms fitted when I was Cadet at North Georgia College. We talked, got suit fitted, and he said, " no charge, give my condolences to your family". Wife and I left and drove to family.

Apr 26, 2020, 2:18 PM

Poor grad student in 68. Death in family in GA. Had old suit. Called Keller and he said come at 6:00. Went there. Told him this reminded me of getting uniforms fitted when I was Cadet at North Georgia College. We talked, got suit fitted, and he said, " no charge, give my condolences to your family". Wife and I left and drove to family.

Apr 26, 2020, 5:03 PM

Looks like he also sold wands (boxes behind him).

Bought many a painters pants there.

Remember him sitting in the store until it closed. Then he and his wife would walk hand in hand to their car and go home.

Apr 26, 2020, 5:43 PM

Wonderful people !! Have been shopping at Judge Keller’s for more than 50 years ... from garden utensils when I lived in the prefabs to a case of Clemson mugs Leonard special ordered for me couple years ago.. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 3, 2020, 8:44 AM

As a '72 Graduate, I got all my khakis and Clemson clothing from the "JUDGE". He was one of the nicest people I've ever known..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CLEMSAM

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic