Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Game-tying attempt rims out, No. 18 Clemson drops game at Syracuse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

TNET: Game-tying attempt rims out, No. 18 Clemson drops game at Syracuse

Mar 3, 2018, 4:32 PM

Game-tying attempt rims out, No. 18 Clemson drops game at Syracuse

Clemson guard Gabe DeVoe’s halfcourt attempt to tie at the buzzer went off the backboard and rimmed out as Syracuse held on to a 55-52 home win. No. 18 Clemson Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Game-tying attempt rims out, No. 18 Clemson drops game at Syracuse

Mar 3, 2018, 4:50 PM

Once again we end the regular season going in the wrong direction, but backed into a 3 or 4 tourney seed. I'd bet we'll play 2 more games, one I'm the ACC tourney and one in the NCAAs. Unless the offense can find itself and play like they did mid-year. Let's hope.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2018, 4:52 PM

Thank you for you’re optimism.

Did you watch the game? Thomas and Reed were having themselves a game, and add in Simms to close the 1st half and we were doing fine.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2018, 8:16 PM

The word is your, not you're. And if you've followed CU basketball as long as I have you would be pessimistic too. Evidently our students are as well. Did you see the poor turnout for our final home game? And this is one of our more successful teams. I'll stick with my prediction and hope that I'm wrong. To me it's not pessimism. It's realism, based on many years of experience with CU basketball. Go Tigers.

Mar 3, 2018, 8:58 PM

We need FIVE tigers on the floor who are not afraid to shoot !

Mar 5, 2018, 12:53 PM

Or rebound, or make accurate passes, or not try to dribble through arms and legs, or not try to drive the lane when the opposing defender is 7-8 inches taller. Other than these, a pretty clean game. ;)

Please explain how your realism allows you

Mar 3, 2018, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Game-tying attempt rims out, No. 18 Clemson drops game at Syracuse ]

to arrive at the conclusion that basketball teams from years past have any bearing on this year’s team?!?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Please explain how your realism allows you

Mar 3, 2018, 10:19 PM

Just look at our legacy. But here's my concern. Around mid-season we would get down but find a way to come back and win. Then we went on a three game losing streak after having an 18 point lead on FSU. We ended that decline with close wins and losses against weak team that we should have dominated. We are not playing with confidence and it shows. As I write this I'm watching Duke and UNC. We look nothing like these two teams. If I told you why I think that is you would probably go ballistic. So I'll just say Go Tigers. Prove me wrong.

Mar 4, 2018, 7:25 AM

DeVoe is just shooting bad right now. If he gets hot again we will make a big run.

Mar 3, 2018, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Please explain how your realism allows you ]

Just look at our legacy. But here's my concern. Around mid-season we would get down but find a way to come back and win. Then we went on a three game losing streak after having an 18 point lead on FSU. We ended that decline with close wins and losses against weak team that we should have dominated. We are not playing with confidence and it shows. As I write this I'm watching Duke and UNC. We look nothing like these two teams. If I told you why I think that is you would probably go ballistic. So I'll just say Go Tigers. Prove me wrong.

Mar 5, 2018, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Please explain how your realism allows you ]

I would say the teams from the last 2-3 years have a bearing, since many of the players are the same. It's mainly a matter of recruiting well, and Clemson does not stack up well. Been this way forever. Big-time recruits want to go to winning programs. Clemson has been a bottom feeder in bball for decades.

Mar 3, 2018, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Game-tying attempt rims out, No. 18 Clemson drops game at Syracuse ]

Yes, all the numerous other times we have had a 3 or 4 seed we were riding winning streaks. I know at least the last 5 times we have been that high of a seed we had winning streaks going in. Thanks nancy.

Mar 3, 2018, 5:57 PM

The way this week has gone, with the game winning 3 pointers in the last second of several games deciding the winner, this one was destined to be good. Just not our night but a game to build on going into the tourneys . I thought this was the best game that Thomas has played in his Clemson career. That's got to help his confidence. Playing in front of 26000 loud fans will help also. I think 2 or 3 more wins is quite possible.

Here is some realism for you

Mar 3, 2018, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Game-tying attempt rims out, No. 18 Clemson drops game at Syracuse ]

Only an a$$ would post a comment like that on this article

Re: Here is some realism for you

Mar 4, 2018, 10:16 AM

Explain that to me please

nice article: no reference to refs reversing critical calls.

Mar 3, 2018, 10:27 PM

taking the high road.

But refs hosed us late in the second half.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: nice article: no reference to refs reversing critical calls.

Mar 4, 2018, 5:57 AM

What benefit has ever accrued when someone mentions ref injustice. It's a commonly shared belief with Tiger fans in most sports, and I think it's too commonly true. But it does no good. Ref will be refs and fans will be fans. Our team just has to overcome the injustice. Luck and great play to our Tigers at the ACC tourney.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: nice article: no reference to refs reversing critical calls.

Mar 4, 2018, 7:41 AM

Look, referees will make mistakes in all sports. But, if a league is going to accept that in assessing performance, then the issue will not improve. Thus, the vicious cycle remains intact. Having officiated soccer, rest assured there are some officials who can't get a coach or even players/fans out of their heads during the game and it affects their performance. Leagues have to recognize that and schedule accordingly. Assigning officials to games is no different than teams scheming for their game...they look to match-ups that can be exploited. Coaches know the referees who can handle 'tight games' and those who can't. The assignor needs to factor in 'match-ups', too. Otherwise, kid yourself that the playing field is level...but know that in truth, it's not. Because we're all human.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic