Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former Clemson WR standing out going into training camp
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 4,026

TNET: Former Clemson WR standing out going into training camp

Jul 16, 2018, 10:46 AM

Former Clemson WR standing out going into training camp

A drop to the sixth round of the 2018 NFL Draft was admittedly "a shocker" for Deon Cain, but he's made the most of his first couple months as an Indianapolis C Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Former Clemson WR standing out going into training camp

Jul 16, 2018, 11:03 AM

Just needed a QB.

Still not sure he has one

Jul 16, 2018, 11:13 AM

Nobody seems to know how bad Luck’s shoulder really is. But Cain needed more than just a QB. Never seemed to want to step up and be “the guy”

Jul 16, 2018, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson WR standing out going into training camp ]

While I do agree Cain was hurt by his QB last year he didn't help himself with a decent amount of drops. I don't know the number off the top of my head but he dropped some big plays last year and I would venture to say that more than anything dropped him to the 6th round. I wouldn't say Calvin Ridley had a great QB and he went way earlier than Cain, and honestly I don't see a ton of difference between the 2 wr's except the drops by Cain.

I wish him nothing but the best and hope he tears it up for Indy or whoever he plays for. Will always be a fan. Honestly though I always feel like Cain more than any other player is a what if player, what if he had his act together and he played in the first national championship game? He sparked us in the second one with that huge screen pass in the second quarter so what if he added just that little bit extra to win us 2 championships? Oh well it is what it is.

Jul 16, 2018, 11:20 AM

So much this! I hope he succeeds wherever he goes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2018, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson WR standing out going into training camp ]

I agree 1001% with your statement, but I must warn you, the truth pisses a lot of T-Netters off when the truth is about the inability at our QB position last season!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So anyway AOATT

Jul 17, 2018, 8:19 PM

Yes, some on TigerNet believe DC became a far less talented athlete the day after DW4 was drafted by the Houston Texans. My take is the Indy Colts got a steal in the 6th round.

KB played as well as he could in 2017, and QB'ed a stacked team to the college playoffs. Tony Elliott seems to be admitting today that the coaching staff did not call adequate play calls for KB and Offense this past year. He did not acknowledge Clemson coaches did not trust the QB to make the same plays as DW4, but there is no embarrassment to the coaches admitting that KB is not DW4. Only 4-5 QB's in world can play as well as DW4. What is becoming clearer is that TL brings an elevated skill set to the field that KB does not possess. Don't take my word for it. Listen to Coach DS, and compare QB play in the Spring game.

As for Deon Cain, he has NFL starter skill sets and great potential with hard work and an NFL caliber QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2018, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson WR standing out going into training camp ]

And someone didn't like what I was telling you, LMAO at their stupidity!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2018, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson WR standing out going into training camp ]

Well, that is true, but he did drop several very catchable balls which left me wondering about his concentration ability. He is plenty athletic and has great speed, for sure, but before a receiver can run, he needs to catch the ball. Maybe he gets that fixed this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2018, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson WR standing out going into training camp ]

Bull S. Needed to go get the ball and stop dropping the d a m thing

Jul 16, 2018, 11:23 AM

DC helped win CU a Natty. I wish him the best.

Jul 16, 2018, 2:28 PM

Don't forget DC has only been a WR for 3 years. He is still developing and I think that he will do well in the league.

just like another former Tiger in Indy, TJ Green

Jul 16, 2018, 4:18 PM

who had only played to be a defensive back while at Clemson and played himself into an NFL early round selection... I hope Green takes him under his wing and they both be breakout players for the Colts, even when they play the Steelers, as long as the Colts lose that game... ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 4,026
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic