Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Elliott says Feaster pushing for more playing time
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,333

TNET: Elliott says Feaster pushing for more playing time

Sep 24, 2018, 3:51 PM

Elliott says Feaster pushing for more playing time

Clemson co-offensive coordinator Tony Elliott spoke to the media Monday and talked about the running back depth chart heading into the Syracuse game. "Just to c Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feaster ran as hard as I've ever seen him run.

Sep 24, 2018, 3:54 PM

I wasn't surprised to hear Tony Elliott say they had a conversation with him. Sounds like a fire was lit.

I'm happy to see him take the field the way he did this past weekend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Elliott says Feaster pushing for more playing time

Sep 24, 2018, 3:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

That makes all the RB's better

Sep 24, 2018, 4:01 PM

makes them work harder for PT

Feaster is good, but please don't let this be at the expense

Sep 24, 2018, 5:57 PM

of Etienne! And from reading the quotes that's exactly what it seems to be. Travis barely gets 10 carries a game as it is. Feaster just had his best game, but he's currently averaging 5.7 YPC and Etienne is sitting at 8.5! I have no problem with Feaster at RB2 and getting some of the carries Choice was getting earlier in the year, but Etienne can learn the d*mn blocking and stuff out there on the field with real game experience! He's so much better than all of our other RBs with the ball in his hands.

Who is pass blocking the best?

Sep 24, 2018, 7:10 PM

Because that is also an important aspect when you have a freshman QB at the helm

it is THE most important aspect as

Sep 24, 2018, 7:34 PM

One missed blitz pickup and it’s possible you see any hopes of a NC go down in flames.

ETN is still missing assignments more than the others. He also needs to catch the ball. He dropped a drive killer on the first possession. Getting ETN the ball past the DL is going to be every DCs worst nightmare because the 2nd level can’t handle his speed and the third level can’t handle his physicality. Giving ETN more than 15 touches/35-40 snaps or so a game would also not be smart in a 15 game season which is our plan.

If that were true people would just line a FB or TE up at RB

Sep 24, 2018, 9:06 PM

And at some point the RBs not being able to block shifts from a RB problem to a coaching problem. We have one of the absolute best RBs in the country on our roster, it should be a priority to maximize that asset.

I wasn’t saying that was the most

Sep 25, 2018, 10:33 AM

Important thing for any team- it’s the most important for this team. We have a legitimate chance to win it all. We aren’t doing that without T.L. so protecting him is the most inportant thing. ETN is our best/most talented runner but we can win with Feaster and Choice so if ETN is having issues being a complete back then his snaps will and should be limited based on situation and playcalling. Ragardless there are some on here that think he should play every snap and be given the ball 30 times a game. He won’t make it through a 15 game season doing that. It’s about winning it all not what a fan likes to watch from an entertainment value. The more we throw downfield the more the run will open up and then you’re not running ETN into 8 man boxes where he gets 3 or 4 hits every run whether he gains 7 or 8 yards or not

Re: it is THE most important aspect as

Sep 25, 2018, 9:58 AM [ in reply to it is THE most important aspect as ]

I think that’s why he hasn’t played very much to start the season. In limited thouches though he has put up great numbers. I really hope he is the type of guy who gets motivated by the coaches putting out his missed assignments and doesn’t shut down or regresses instead of getting better. He is the best running back on this team and I don’t think he needs his touches cut down.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky to have a very talented backfield***

Sep 24, 2018, 7:47 PM

The one problem I have with Elliot's comments

Sep 25, 2018, 10:46 AM

here is that he blames ETN for the interception. TL just made a bone headed throw, which In my opinion was just a inexperienced freshman mistake. I don't disagree with ETN's lack of blocking being part of the breakdown of the overall play, but ETN wasn't the guy who threw the ball into the back of an offensive lineman.

it's a timing play and being in a particular spot at

Sep 25, 2018, 12:39 PM

particular time. The qb is just throwing to that spot- if timing is off or he doesn't sell which allows for deeper defender then can absolutely me their fault. Everybody seems to know more than our coaches about players roles on a given play.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,333
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic