Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson ranked high is Steele's Preseason Top 25
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson ranked high is Steele's Preseason Top 25

Jul 14, 2018, 9:48 AM

Clemson ranked high is Steele's Preseason Top 25

College Football analyst Phil Steele released his annual college football preview magazine and had the following CFB playoff projections with Alabama, Clemson, Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson ranked high is Steele's Preseason Top 25

Jul 14, 2018, 10:44 AM

WHAT!!!
I can't believe he doesn't have yardbirds, coots... somewhere in there(read with extreme sarcasm).

I couldn't find the coots nowheres

Jul 14, 2018, 10:45 AM

Sakarlina not in top 25. Long way to go to a Natty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: I couldn't find the coots nowheres

Jul 14, 2018, 4:04 PM

We need to be very careful. I suspect that Carolina is a lot better than people think. They have recruited well. Anything can happen in a rivalry game. A great way to get beat is to start reading our clippings----and believing them.

Re: I couldn't find the coots nowheres

Jul 15, 2018, 6:09 PM

Says the coot!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2018, 10:46 AM

Interesting that Boston College , who I think is a better team, is ranked above the dirtpeckers , who are not ranked at all in then preseason top 25 by Steele.

#ALLIN
#WE2DEEP18

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BC made a statement last year and should build of of that.

Jul 14, 2018, 1:09 PM

BC will be tough as nails this year. As long as their starting QB from last year stays healthy. I'm not sure what players they brought in (2018 class) that can contribute this year but if they have a few they very easily could end up second to us in our division.

Will they have some more depth this year? They needed it against us and ND. Otherwise, they played lights out until their starting QB got hurt and they still was tough afterwards, just lost their big play guy and their best defensive player about mid season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2018, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson ranked high is Steele's Preseason Top 25 ]

I don't think that we were ranked in the pre-season the year we won the National Championship. I may be wrong, but we certainly weren't expected to do it. I think that N.C. State will be a war this year.

Jul 15, 2018, 6:15 PM

We wasn't ranked I don't think in 1981 to start the season when we won the NC!!! We was a dark horse as they say, but not until about the 4th or 5th game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_NCAA_Division_I-A_football_rankings

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2018, 10:52 AM

Who did the coots beat last season? They never played anybody but a Michigan team that was not so good anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

NC State was their only decent win

Jul 14, 2018, 4:16 PM

and it was luck that they won that game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is this insanity?

Jul 14, 2018, 2:16 PM

Phil Steele is obviously trying to get clicks. This Top 25 is ridiculous. Here's a few gems:

#25: Arkansas State: Is this a typo? The 3rd ranked Sun Belt team from last year is makes the Top 25? This has to be a typo. They play Bama on Sept. 8th. Maybe they're getting some pre-Bama hype to improve Bama's SOS?

#19 Auburn: Too low for Auburn. They're the defending SEC West champs and beat Bama and UGA last year. They are clearly better than several teams ranked above them.

#17 Florida: Where the heck did this pick come from? On what premise is UF a top 25 team? They finished 5th in the SEC Least last year and didn't even make a bowl game. Their O/U for total wins in 2018 is 7.5. Steele has no credibility, if for no other reason than claiming Florida is the 17th best team in 2018.

#10 Texas: I'm guessing he misspelled University of Central Florida. That's the only explanation that makes sense here.

The argument could be made that anyone outside of the top 5-6 programs is a toss up. Everybody knows that Bama, Clemson and a handful of others will be solid, stand-out programs this year. But, come on, Phil, at least put some effort into your prognostications. Arkansas State!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is this insanity?

Jul 14, 2018, 4:16 PM

Maybe they have a hotshot QB or something (Arkansas ST.). I recall hearing something about them, possibly from Deptuala, but can't bring it to mind.

Jul 15, 2018, 6:08 PM

He probably has us and Bama right, but the rest looks like an eeny, meeny, miny, Moe, pull um out da hat as you go!!!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic