Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson HOFer passes away
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson HOFer passes away

Jun 4, 2018, 7:11 PM

Clemson HOFer passes away

49ers great and former Clemson receiver Dwight Clark has passed away at the age of 61 after his battle with Lou Gehrig's disease. His wife, Kelly Clark announce Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson HOFer passes away

Jun 4, 2018, 7:16 PM

Rest In Peace Brother!! Praying his family and friends will be comforted by Gods Angels during this time of grief in Jesus Name, Amen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jun 4, 2018, 7:36 PM

He was one of the first Great Clemson ambassadors. He was a class act that represented Clemson well and was responsible for attracting many to the program in the late 80's and early 90's, There will always be ONLY ONE "The Catch". He and Joe Montana were responsible for that piece of NFL history. He may have passed but he will always be remembered. Especially "where the Tigers roar may echo; o'er the mountain height". Rest in Peace Dwight, you always be remembered.

Jun 4, 2018, 9:16 PM

Words cannot begin to say how saddened I am to hear this news. Even knowing how eminent it was, nothing prepares you for this.

The Catch for me was seeing Mr Fuller toss a rocket to him like 60 or 70 something yards to tie Maryland at the time. Memories fade but it was in the second half. Wow that gave us a championship in a dozen years... hard to believe that was 40 years ago.

My friend, I’ll never forget how much you meant to me. Saddened, prayers for your family and all your loved ones. God has a special place for you! Forever my hero and my friend. Will see you soon enough.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2018, 9:29 AM

My first daughter was born the same day as that MD victory.

Thank you for all the memories

God Bless

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Major condolences to family and friends***

Jun 4, 2018, 7:33 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way too young. RIP***

Jun 4, 2018, 7:38 PM

Way too young. RIP***

Jun 4, 2018, 7:38 PM

Rest in Peace Dwight...

Jun 4, 2018, 7:39 PM

...and condolences to your family. You are and always will be a Clemson Tiger and a gentleman.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

will be missed - rip

Jun 4, 2018, 9:46 PM

truly one of the greats. way too many fond memories of watching dwight. this sucks

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jun 4, 2018, 10:08 PM

I remember watching the game live at Byrd Stsdium at UMD as a 15 year old student growing up near the MD campus. 28-24 to win the ACC Championship, then The Catch in my sr year in high school as I prepared to head to Clemson to watch my Tigers win the Natty my freshman year. Dwight Clark was such a good man and a great ambassador for Clemson University.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2018, 10:46 PM

God bless his family. RIP!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2018, 10:51 PM

Wonderful guy. I spoke with him several times at the Tiger Golf Gathering. Honestly, I hoped that his suffering would not continue on and on, as this terrible disease is just brutal. Rest in peace brother!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2018, 11:11 PM

This just breaks my heart but at . He was always a hero to meleast he is no longer suffering

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasn't Dwight from Sumter, SC?***

Jun 5, 2018, 1:07 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2018, 3:33 AM

:(

D@MN YOU ALS!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Jun 5, 2018, 8:11 AM

He was a good one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jun 5, 2018, 10:20 AM

MY HEART IS BROKEN !!!!! MY HERO IS GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN !!!

Jun 8, 2018, 9:01 AM

My prayers are for his family and close friends. Never met Dwight but it seems like he was a beloved person. God bless.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic