Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Xavier Thomas: Hungry for redemption in 2020
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,969

TNET: Xavier Thomas: Hungry for redemption in 2020

Mar 22, 2020, 3:59 PM

Xavier Thomas: Hungry for redemption in 2020

After nine spring practices nn the Allen N. Reeves Football Complex, the 265-pound rising junior defensive end has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove after a 2019 season in which he didn’t see the results he wanted to see. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Xavier Thomas: Hungry for redemption in 2020

Mar 22, 2020, 4:06 PM

Probably 2021

Mar 22, 2020, 4:36 PM

An understandable freshman season, he had NFL players making up for his lack of experience. Last season he was on his own and learning what he missed out on with his NFL team mates filling in where he lacked in experience. He will be day and night different in 2020 if they have a season, and if not, he will have to come back to get that year of experience to prove himself I would think. Not only XT, but for most of the guys if they lose the 2020 season of the experience that helps them to prove they are good enough to play NFL FB!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2020, 11:29 PM

I think a big part of it was the 3-man line too.

Mar 22, 2020, 5:08 PM

And we're hungry to see him play...

Xavier Thomas understands he has work to do ...

Mar 22, 2020, 6:28 PM

Thomas should perform well in a rotation. IMHO he is behind Justin Foster and could easily be behind Bryan Breesee and Myles Murphy if they play outside and come up to speed quickly - he could also be behind talented KJ Henry and Justin Mascoll.

DE position and DL is much deeper this year, and Thomas will have to play at a high all-conference level to earn playing time. Like WR depth, a great problem to have. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Xavier Thomas understands he has work to do ...

Mar 22, 2020, 7:16 PM

You sound crazy, we haven't even seen Breese and Murphy play on this level yet. Some of ya'll fans are as crazy as ever

Mar 22, 2020, 7:19 PM

That thumbs-down is not crazy. I'll stand by may statement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Things change, but Dabo said BB was only being trained...

Mar 22, 2020, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Xavier Thomas understands he has work to do ... ]

at Nose & DT.

Maybe, down the road, when he becomes the best version of himself, Dabo said, he could see throwing BB a pass or handing it off to him or putting him on the edge if they had to...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2020, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Xavier Thomas understands he has work to do ... ]

Couldn't could be be taken as the same as horseshoes and handgrenades as in getting close, each could make a difference determined by offensive play calling, and the play that BV dials up to defend it. They are all good players, but saying that 2 or 3 are that much better than the other bc he had a rough season is reaching isn't it!!! Personally I think that XT was trying to hard to do the things that he done in his freshman season when he had 1st round NFL players covering up his freshman season mistakes. I believe he will learn by his mistakes and be the XT that was thought he would be!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2020, 10:06 AM

I respect his humility in taking responsibility for last year's performance. Hope he steps it up big time.

Count me in the group that thinks Bresee and Murphy will make big impacts at end as freshmen. If returning players don't raise their game accordingly, they will lose playing time.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,969
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic