Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: The top five moments that mattered in Tigers' 6-0 first half of the season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

TNET: The top five moments that mattered in Tigers' 6-0 first half of the season

Oct 12, 2018, 7:01 AM

The top five moments that mattered in Tigers' 6-0 first half of the season

Hurricane Michael roared through the Upstate of South Carolina late Wednesday and early Thursday, symbolically ending the heated first half of the college football season and ushering in a cooler, and hopefully less dramatic, second half.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: The top five moments that mattered in Tigers' 6-0 first half of the season

Oct 12, 2018, 9:57 AM

I confess I was a major doubter when Dabo went for it on 4th and 6 with Brice. That was clearly the biggest play of the season so far. I still can't believe it.

Re: TNET: The top five moments that mattered in Tigers' 6-0 first half of the season

Oct 12, 2018, 10:08 AM

Several of my friends gave up on the Tigers during that game when Rogers fumbled the punt at our 10 yard line. Just remember .... it ain’t over till it’s over!

Oct 12, 2018, 12:45 PM

Absolutely, I say it here in every game when some will doubt our ability to win, until the game clock reads 00:00, there is a chance that we can win!!! If you watch or have watched enough FB games, we all have seen teams be down by two TD's with just a couple of minutes to play, and come back and win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2018, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: The top five moments that mattered in Tigers' 6-0 first half of the season ]

Pretty sure I was in the stands saying "I'm dying, I'm dying, I'm dying", half covering my eyes and rocking back and forth when they lined up to go for it. What a clutch play.

Oct 12, 2018, 3:39 PM

We made every mistake possible, and still managed to win. I'd like to think that we now have our feet under us, and probably the best QB in the country, as well as possibly the best RB (Etienne). We need to bring somethings together, but I'm really hopeful. TL continues to emerge as one of the premier QB's in the country, and our receivers are awesome. D looks good, with the possible exception of our secondary. Here's hoping.

Oct 12, 2018, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: The top five moments that mattered in Tigers' 6-0 first half of the season ]

Even though it has looked bleak at times, I keep in mine that we are a reloading team, and it takes a stable full of elite talent to become one of the very few reloading teams. And there are time when our guys will start off in some of our games full of themselves and too over confident in that they can't be beat by some of the ACC teams we play. When that has happen, those teams have coaches that has them believing that they can beat us, and that has happen twice with Pitt and Cuse, they were believing they could beat us, and our guys didn't believe they could. This years game with Cuse was a fluke that it was as close as it was. Who would have ever believed that we would have been down to our only QB that only had very limited snaps in a real game, and none with the game on the line before half time. I may have had blind faith at times, but I did have faith that Brice could win that game for us IF, if his talent's wasn't limited to just handing the ball off to a RB. Somebody on our side lines trusted Chase enough to make a few throws to keep the chains moving, and Brice did what He had been doing in practice, he competed, and after his nerves settled, he done what we had heard he could do, he became a QB that we could win with!!! I maybe off base and totally wrong but, from what Brice showed in that half of FB, Chase Brice probably should have beat KB out, and the real competition should have been between Chase and Trevor. IMPO, KB started off the season only bc of his time at Clemson, the senior gets the job thingy!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2018, 4:00 PM

Great post! I totally agree. I was looking back at Chases's HS record, and he was top QB in HS. We are really fortunate to get these guys 2 or 3 at a time. NC. State will be tough, but that coach has run his mouth enough so that our team should be really incensed enough to lay the lumber to them. I'm really hoping to see it. Don't like their coach---also, their QB has been running his mouth lately. let's hope. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, Trevor Lawrence is starting so I'm thinking we'll burn them alive---but, you never know.

So we are celebrating the fact that Bryant transferred now?

Oct 12, 2018, 10:25 AM

Why even mention that? Not a good look.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So we are celebrating the fact that Bryant transferred now?

Oct 12, 2018, 10:48 AM

The title of the article is “top 5 moments that mattered”. Where do you get celebrating from?

Nobody is celebrating it, but we are clearly fine w/o him.

Oct 12, 2018, 11:41 AM [ in reply to So we are celebrating the fact that Bryant transferred now? ]

It would've been great to have him remain with the team, for his leadership and ideally to be a backup QB as well, but we are 6-0 so we are doing just fine without him.

The reality is that Trevor Lawrence is a much better QB than Kelly, and he makes our team better. When Chase Brice played against Syracuse, he led us to victory on a gusty late game drive. I'm not sure KB could've made a couple of those throws.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Nobody is celebrating it, but we are clearly fine w/o him.

Oct 12, 2018, 11:55 AM

Not so sure we need that last minute drive though if KB had stayed on the team and come in. We would have won that game going away with KB at the helm in the second half most likely. Chase took a bit to get comfortable.

Mind you I really think that KB was not only holding the passing game back but the run game as well. Both with the stacked boxes and misreads. He was in essence taking half the runs away from the talented backs who would have produced more positive runs.

Good thing KB did not stay as he may have come in and showed out and then we have a QB contraversy
well into the year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nobody is celebrating it, but we are clearly fine w/o him.

Oct 12, 2018, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Nobody is celebrating it, but we are clearly fine w/o him. ]

With KB at QB, we lose that game.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic