Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Sights and Sounds of Media Day: "Might as well have just played in Baton Rouge"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

TNET: Sights and Sounds of Media Day: "Might as well have just played in Baton Rouge"

Jan 11, 2020, 12:31 PM

Sights and Sounds of Media Day: "Might as well have just played in Baton Rouge"

Forty or so Clemson fans waited in the stands at the Xavier University Convocation Center Saturday morning, braving storms and the early hour to see their football team up close and personal. When the Tigers walked through the doors, cadence count began from the orange-clad faithful. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Am I the only one who has never heard the vinny reference***

Jan 11, 2020, 1:04 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Am I the only one who has never heard the vinny reference***

Jan 11, 2020, 2:05 PM

no.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: “Might as well have just played in Baton Rouge"

Jan 11, 2020, 1:08 PM

He followed that with, “It would be the same if we played for the Natty in GREENVILLE, I mean literally”!

TRUTH!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well not really. Greenville is half the distance.

Jan 11, 2020, 2:02 PM

lsu to superdome = 80 miles
Clemson to Greenville = 41 miles
Clemson to Atlanta = 122 miles
Clemson to Charlotte = 138 miles

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, actually it’s OVER half

Jan 11, 2020, 2:39 PM

...of the distance, so you would by rule round it up! ??

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wth does Tua have to do with anything***

Jan 11, 2020, 1:12 PM

Re: Wth does Tua have to do with anything***

Jan 11, 2020, 5:22 PM

This! Where did that even come from? I guess it's just more love for the secheat programs and players, etc. Same ole, same ole.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Sights and Sounds of Media Day: "Might as well have just played in Baton Rouge"

Jan 11, 2020, 1:42 PM

Thats great to know about Johnson. Sounds like our DT's position will go pretty deep. Thats going to be quite a competition.

Re: TNET: Sights and Sounds of Media Day: "Might as well have just played in Baton Rouge"

Jan 11, 2020, 2:10 PM

Yes I was thrilled to hear that. I've been worried about Tayquon, he's had such a hard life and I wasn't sure how he would adjust to college life. He's just gone through his first Christmas without his mother. She died right as he was heading to Clemson last January.

Jan 11, 2020, 2:21 PM

Interesting note: No team playing for the Natty in their home state has ever won the game in the CFP era (especially a SEC team). More so, no team that has won the Peach or Rose bowl in the semi has ever gone to win the Natty. Every winner of the Fiesta, Cotton or Sugar Bowl as a semi has won a Natty thus far.

Jan 11, 2020, 2:53 PM

I find myself being illogically reassured by stats like that, as if they actually matter. I grab onto them and think, “Well, it’s never happened before, so it wont happen now, either.”

Jan 11, 2020, 5:26 PM

That;s as good as anything to latch onto, other than that we really are a great team, too, and we've been there before, and we just play who we play, and we almost always beat them. In the end, that's really all that matters. I am not scared! Go Tigers!!! The real Tigers from CLEMSON!

Jan 11, 2020, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sights and Sounds of Media Day: "Might as well have just played in Baton Rouge" ]

No team had ever gone through the playoffs undefeated - until last year

Jan 11, 2020, 5:27 PM

And it's been a long time, if ever, that a team has won back to back natties, until this one.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic