Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Protecting Trevor: Clemson coaches balance playing time, rest for Lawrence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

TNET: Protecting Trevor: Clemson coaches balance playing time, rest for Lawrence

Nov 20, 2019, 2:45 PM

Protecting Trevor: Clemson coaches balance playing time, rest for Lawrence

The injury to Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa is a cautionary tale, and Clemson coaches have to balance the need to get star quarterback needed work and the need to protect the franchise. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh, Clemson is not a franchise . . .

Nov 20, 2019, 3:57 PM

I understand that it's alluring to some to use the trendy NFL-ish terminology when referring to a juggernaut program- but please -come on, Clemson's not a franchise.

Yeah that caught my attention too.***

Nov 20, 2019, 5:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They mean that TL is “The Franchise”, not Clemson ...

Nov 20, 2019, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Uh, Clemson is not a franchise . . . ]

And it’s hard to argue that point regarding his value to the success of the team.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think so . . .

Nov 21, 2019, 8:37 AM

I mean, I certainly don't disagree about the importance of TL - that's not in dispute, but I think it's clear the franchise word is aimed at Clemson, not TL. If using that terminology, TL would be a "franchise *player*." No one ever refers to the likes of Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning as "the franchise." They are (or were) franchise players. The franchise, by definition, is the team that is franchised via the NFL. It's the organization.

Easy answer if Trevor needs reps running the two minute

Nov 20, 2019, 4:14 PM

offense. Start out running it against the Coots from the opening whistle. If we do that, he will be on the bench sipping Gatorade by the middle of the second quarter, as we will be up 28+.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Protecting Trevor: Clemson coaches balance playing time, rest for Lawrence

Nov 20, 2019, 4:47 PM

Truly the stupidest thing I have read on tigernet! The injury to Tua was a FREAK ACCIDENT which could have occurred at any point in any game given the EXACT SAME situation!!
Trevor is an outstanding young man and qb but to say we have to “protect” him is complete disrespect to the ENTIRE DEFENSE!!
We chirp about “next man up” but it sounds like, by this article, if Trevor gets hurt Clemson is DOOMED!!
Chase Brice threw the rock, handed it off and ran a couple of times with the 1st string “DUDES” last year in the DEFEAT of Syracuse.
I dont remember the score or any of the stats except the fact that CLEMSON WON!!!
Football is a violent sport, where violent things happen, regardless of the score!!
I dont hear anyone saying anything about the stud D lineman that got hurt, his absence opens HUGE opportunity for Auburns offense.
Just sayin........stupid article. Sorry I read it!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Protecting Trevor: Clemson coaches balance playing time, rest for Lawrence

Nov 21, 2019, 8:36 AM

Nov 20, 2019, 4:50 PM

can he please learn how to get down after a run? that kneeling thing Saturday cold have really hurt him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2019, 4:52 PM

Trevor has some of that responsibility as well when he runs the RPO. I've cringed a few times when he took off, thinking "is the 7 yards worth a hard hit?" Fortunately, no Syracuse hits, but the knee twist last week was an eye opener, or it should have been.

Nov 21, 2019, 3:59 AM

It sounds like the staff and Trevor understand the need to be cautious at times. That also implies there may be times when he has to go all out with runs, etc. He is a talented runner who is going to break a long one eventually. He has the ability.

Godalmighty does anyone spell check?

Nov 20, 2019, 8:14 PM

So difficult to read for anyone above a 4th grade level education. MF!! Sick of this ####.

Godalmighty does anyone spell check?

Nov 20, 2019, 8:14 PM

So difficult to read for anyone above a 4th grade level education. MF!! Sick of this ####.

That's "God Almighty"***

Nov 21, 2019, 6:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic