Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: New contract makes Dabo Swinney the second highest-paid coach in the country
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

TNET: New contract makes Dabo Swinney the second highest-paid coach in the country

Apr 26, 2019, 10:34 AM

New contract makes Dabo Swinney the second highest-paid coach in the country

Clemson University has agreed to a new contract with head football coach Dabo Swinney Friday that will make him the second highest paid coach in the country. The contract was ratified at a Board of Trustees Compensation Committee meeting early Friday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: New contract makes Dabo Swinney the second highest-paid coach in the country

Apr 26, 2019, 10:37 AM

Much deserved. Glad he will be around for a very long time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Re: TNET: New contract makes Dabo Swinney the second highest-paid coach in the country

Apr 26, 2019, 12:46 PM

He's earned every dime based on what He has achieved during His tenure here and hopefully The Assistants receive their 's !

I have no doubt that he'll use some of that $$$ to pay....

Apr 26, 2019, 10:39 AM

...some of his staff and he'll use some to help his fellow human being.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have no doubt that he'll use some of that $$$ to pay....

Apr 26, 2019, 11:45 AM

The only thing I don’t like about this is “second”. The man is singlehandedly changing college football for the betterment of the sport.

He stands alone and atop!!!! When this book is written, it will be titled “ The Man that Changed College Football “.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2019, 10:46 AM

I personally believe and feel that college FB HC's are way over paid, but if there is another HC making that kind of money for keeping their team in the winners circle, our HC deserves that kind of money also... After all, there hasn't been a HC in the past 5 years that has done better than Dabo, so pay the man!!!! But it has to stop some where bc 9 plus mil tells the story of being out of control!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is THE BEST college FB coach, but does ANYONE deserve

Apr 27, 2019, 10:23 PM

that kind of money for coaching football?
If anyone does, it would be Dabo.
BUT I kind of hope Dabo set an example and help curb the arms race.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's worth every penny

Apr 26, 2019, 10:48 AM

BTW, you used Dabo's name in the same breath with Saban's name. Finebaum won't like that. He says it's not allowed.

He sure is***

Apr 26, 2019, 8:35 PM

Apr 26, 2019, 10:49 AM

Best 5 star we've signed all week, but then the week is not over yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2019, 10:50 AM

Worth every penny!

Apr 26, 2019, 11:02 AM

I agree about paying the man, but every year a new contract comes out. When is enough enough? It's CFB in general. I mean he is making more than most NFL coaches. As is Saban

He is more valuable than any NFL coach.

Apr 26, 2019, 11:17 AM

Think about what he means to an entire university, it’s alumni, etc.

And he works harder than NFL coaches year-round. They don’t do recruiting.

Apr 26, 2019, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: New contract makes Dabo Swinney the second highest-paid coach in the country ]

I agree, reason its cheaper to go to away game to see Clemson than to see them at Clemson....I live in Arkansas and tickets were cheaper for the Cotton Bowl than Tiger Stadium...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2019, 11:02 AM

Those guys in nice suits must have shown up again today and talked with Dabo.

Apr 26, 2019, 11:09 AM

Seems like if he applied himself he could reach highest paid. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who cares, but the Coot FB Fans Ain’t Gonna Like This Long-Term Tenure!

Apr 26, 2019, 11:23 AM

Go TiGERS, keep the Repeat Wins Coming!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When this is over, and history is written

Apr 26, 2019, 11:23 AM

Dabo will be mentioned with the same respect and legendary status as Bear Bryant, Nick Saban, Bobby Bowden, etc.

And Clemson will be mentioned with the likes of Alabama, Notre Dame, USC (real), Ohio State, Michigan, etc.

When Dabo is finished at Clemson, Clemson will be at a level that Alabama is now, or better. And frankly, if you watch how we play, and Alabama plays, and then how everyone else plays college football today there's a HUGE gap that I've never really seen before, as far as talent, offensive and defensive philosophy, etc. UGA and ND are probably the next two closest, then maybe Oklahoma, etc below them. Then there's NOTHING. But really UGA and ND are the closest teams to Alabama and Clemson, but then there's a HUGE jump up to Clemson/Alabama's level. It's the speed and execution that's amazing. We run and operate at a whole different speed, with playcalling, routes, snaps, just everything. The speed Clemson and Alabama have in every facet of their programs mimics the speed of the NFL game closer than the rest of college football.

It's also amazing to see the nearly opposite personalities and approaches of Saban and Dabo, with each putting a similar quality team on the field. One is a hard-nosed, hyper-serious coach and the other is laid back, humble, fun-loving, inspirational coach.

For years I've always said put the money into the coaches, and you will get a national championship. Sure, facilities are important, but Dabo is not selling our facilities. He's selling Clemson and a unique experience to recruits. He's selling that "something in these hills" that we all know and love, but can't quite accurately identify. And not everyone "gets" clemaon. Not everyone enjoys a place like Clemson. But for those who do, it's heaven. Those people leave Clemson far better people when they leave than when they arrived. These are the players Dabo is recruiting. The ones who will "fit in", or basically fall in love with Clemson. When a 5-star player does that, the sky's the limit on the field. When a 3-star player does that, same thing. Sky's the limit on the field.

Dabo was the right man, in the right place, at the right time. Enjoy the ride everyone!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He’s earned it.

Apr 26, 2019, 11:29 AM

He made 800k his first year as head coach. He has built Clemson football into an absolute powerhouse and has won 2 of the last 3 national championships. He works harder than everyone else and always has something positive to say with a smile in his face.

Apr 26, 2019, 11:36 AM

and now the cheapest ticket will be $150 dollars each in the corner in the upper deck....

Message was edited by: usarmyshreve®

He deserves it - ALL IN***

Apr 26, 2019, 11:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2019, 12:11 PM

New contract makes Dabo Swinney the second highest-paid coach in the country

Clemson University has agreed to a new contract with head football coach Dabo Swinney Friday that will make him the second highest paid coach in the country. The contract was ratified at a Board of Trustees Compensation Committee meeting early Friday. Full Story »

While I am thrilled with Dabo’s new contract his most endearing quality is his character. That is why he will continue to attract young men that have great talent, but greater character.

GREAT to see -- But would LOVE to see us have the HIGHEST

Apr 26, 2019, 1:07 PM

asst coaches package.

Would love to see more pushed downward to keep continuity and the excellent staff we have.

I know some will always leave to be head coaches or move up but continuity is great to have.

Hope Venables stays as long as Dabo does.

null

agree***

Apr 27, 2019, 10:24 PM

Not bad for a guy who was almost a realtor as a career

Apr 26, 2019, 1:12 PM

I'd say he's taken advantage of his opportunities and made the most of his love for football...so glad that he wasn't satisfied with his "other" career!!

Compare per win salary with coots...

Apr 26, 2019, 1:25 PM

So Dabo gets $8,250,000 this upcoming season...that is getting paid $550,000 per win from last year.

Muschamp is getting $4,200,000 this upcoming season...that is getting paid $600,000 per win from last year.

Coots gonna coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2019, 1:55 PM

I clearly remember back right after Dabo was hired as our HC, coots jumped on board with saying that if we kept Dabo as our HC, they would gladly come up with the money to pay for his contract. Well coot Nation, Dabo's salary is more than you can pay even if every coot fan chipped in with a $5 dollar donation. Just catch up with your stadium rent, and donate your$5 bucks to try and hire a HC, bc y'all are an embarrassment to SC with what you are calling preseason National Champs!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s good to be HC at a very successful program and ...

Apr 26, 2019, 4:20 PM

I have applied to be an assistant Coach. I don’t know what I can assist in but I’ll figure it out. I understand he takes care of his people too, unlike my current job where I bust my buttocks and maybe get a 3% raise, maybe.

Seriously, Dabo’s success goes beyond just Football. The transformation at Clemson and surrounding area, indeed the Upstate, is truly remarkable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2019, 8:48 PM

Money well spent. Go Tigers

Apr 28, 2019, 3:25 PM

Isn't it great to see a man of such admirable character excel as Coach Dabo has and be recognized for it! Don't see that much in America these days. So proud of what Coach Swinney and his entire staff have accomplished, and equally pleased with the culture they promote as ambassadors of Clemson University! May God Bless the Swinney family, and Clemson University! Go Tigers!

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic