Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Instant Analysis: QB battle heats up as Tigers beat Paladins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

TNET: Instant Analysis: QB battle heats up as Tigers beat Paladins

Sep 1, 2018, 3:33 PM

Instant Analysis: QB battle heats up as Tigers beat Paladins

The Tigers took care of business Saturday afternoon, but the game only added fuel to an already heated quarterback battle. Clemson beat Furman 48-7 on a hot and steamy afternoon in Death Valley.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Instant Analysis: QB battle heats up as Tigers beat Paladins

Sep 1, 2018, 3:50 PM

Great warm up game for The Tigers. Very IMPRESSED with the play of all the Freshmen including Trevor Lawrence. The defense and offense loaded with veteran starters took care of business and got it done. Special Teams absolutely amazing. Disappointed with the pass interference calls, but I'm sure that can be corrected in practice this week. Starting QB decision will be interesting for next week against Texas A&M. GO TIGERS!!!

Sep 1, 2018, 4:42 PM

TL performed better than KB and when you factor in how much practice time he has been limited to, well. It's time to make the change.

Sep 1, 2018, 5:44 PM

TL didnt out perform KB. He had more time playing . But he looked nervous and confused. Making freshman mistakes. The kid is going to be great. One of Clemsons best ever maybe. But it will take time. He cant run the ball either. His body is built for that kind of punishment. QB running is a huge part of the Tiger game, always has been always will be.

Sep 1, 2018, 5:48 PM

Is that you Coach Morris????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2018, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Instant Analysis: QB battle heats up as Tigers beat Paladins ]

I'm just going to leave this right here:

You can stay in denial if you wish. In the end, it's only Furman... But Kelly didn't do anything to help his case.

Sep 1, 2018, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Instant Analysis: QB battle heats up as Tigers beat Paladins ]

They both led 6 series. So they had the same amount of playtime. I also only saw one freshman mistake by Lawrence. He took a sack on that play.

Sep 1, 2018, 6:30 PM

Both had a sack each.

Sep 1, 2018, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Instant Analysis: QB battle heats up as Tigers beat Paladins ]

I think Choice missed the block on that play too that resulted in a sack.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2018, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Instant Analysis: QB battle heats up as Tigers beat Paladins ]

5 possessions each. KB turned it over twice on downs, 17 points. TL scored via fG (2) or touchdown every time, 31 points. QB rating, KB 51, TL 82.8.

Sep 2, 2018, 7:04 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Instant Analysis: QB battle heats up as Tigers beat Paladins ]

Agree. It took both QB's a couple series to get settled. You could tell TL was nervous when he left his mouthpiece in his helmet for his first play. The Ref had to come over and remind him where it was.

KB was who KB is. I was surprised that they opened with a pass play. Would think a couple of runs would help settle nerves.

A little disappointed that the OL didn't block better & create more gaps for RB's

When we say, We2deep, we really are too deep. Is this really cycling out?

Sep 2, 2018, 7:11 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Instant Analysis: QB battle heats up as Tigers beat Paladins ]

How much practice time has he been limited to? Link?

Sep 1, 2018, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Instant Analysis: QB battle heats up as Tigers beat Paladins ]

Pretty sure Bryant will start next week. 99% ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2018, 6:14 PM

Yep. Furman isn't a big enough game to make a strong enough case. Texas A&M on the road will show more.

Sep 1, 2018, 4:35 PM

Don’t expect a QB change because neither separated from the other. Pretty even. Next week will be the real test for them & I can’t wait to see it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2018, 4:50 PM

Both QBs were impressive once they got calmed down. I’d say we are lucky to have two competitive QBs. Now the real test comes at A&M

Sep 1, 2018, 5:33 PM

How great is it to have two starting qbs who can come in and get it done? Then Chase right behind them. Did someone say when you have two you don't have any? Hmmm. GooooooTigers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 1, 2018, 5:52 PM

If you have one really good QB, you would never see the back up unless in clean up duty, or the starter got injured. And that is a fact!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2018, 6:21 PM

That may well play out this season but still a competition for now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2018, 11:48 PM

It was the first game and was fine with plenty of room to grow. KB didn't do anything to lose the job and TL showed the potential we know he has but also that he is still a freshman - missed some reads and is still very awkward as a runner at this point. Lets just enjoy watching these 2 QB's that start almost anywhere else in the country while we can. In this case throw out the old saying and believe that two is better than one for us. Give it time, support both of them and quit trying to make a controversy where one does not exist.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad the bottom-feeders have their own sub-plot to fight over.

Sep 2, 2018, 12:18 PM

You guys have fun with your worthless, toxic debate. (just do it in the in the back seat, while the rest of us come together and enjoy an awesome ride up front)

We look good at every position. So much depth makes me very happy. I look forward to seeing the depth continue to develop as this season rolls on.

Looks like we have 3 quarterbacks we can win with. I think having multiple starting quarterbacks is a strength. Very much looking forward to the big environment of College Station, TX.

Not to mention, we have 4 RB's we can with with, and like 6 WRs, and 6 DLs and so on and so on. CRAZY.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic