Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ESPN announcer says college football needs 3rd-and-long completion to have season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

TNET: ESPN announcer says college football needs 3rd-and-long completion to have season

Jul 14, 2020, 8:01 AM

ESPN announcer says college football needs 3rd-and-long completion to have season

College football is facing a 3rd-and-long and desperately needs a first down if the season is to be played. Photo by Rich Barnes / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ESPN announcer says college football needs 3rd-and-long completion to have season

Jul 14, 2020, 8:12 AM

Where's Nuk when we need him. Sounds like his specialty.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Re: TNET: ESPN announcer says college football needs 3rd-and-long completion to have season

Jul 14, 2020, 11:16 AM

Yep - 4th and 16!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the sentence where he referenced the NY Times

Jul 14, 2020, 8:14 AM

cemented my opinion. If he trusts that fish wrapper he is on THAT side.

Re: the sentence where he referenced the NY Times

Jul 14, 2020, 11:02 AM

You may be talking about the Post ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Is there any chance this virus will take down

Jul 14, 2020, 8:31 AM

ESPN or Disney?

Re: Is there any chance this virus will take down

Jul 14, 2020, 9:44 AM

Maybe all clouds do have a silver lining!

Jul 14, 2020, 8:54 AM

I love that picture of Fowler! It looks like he is smelling a nasty fart. I am disliking him more and more everyday.
GO TIGERS!!!

Jul 14, 2020, 11:23 AM

Fowler is not a good guy. He is a pimp for the libs but tries to hide it. Last year he took it upon himself to act as an interpreter for Dabo like we could not understand it for ourselves. It is almost like the MSM wants to make things as bad as they can prior to November...

How deep into Conspiracy Land do you have to be

Jul 14, 2020, 1:29 PM

To believe that college football commentators giving their opinion on the chances of an upcoming season is in any way related to politics?

We get it. You think everyone is out to get Trump. But this is straight up looney-bin thinking.

Re: How deep into Conspiracy Land do you have to be

Jul 14, 2020, 1:33 PM

To believe that college football commentators giving their opinion on the chances of an upcoming season is in any way related to politics?

We get it. You think everyone is out to get Trump. But this is straight up looney-bin thinking.

So you believe the national media does not let their personal beliefs impact how they report stories? That is straight up looney bin thinking...

Jul 14, 2020, 11:26 AM

One thing is certain, if sports are not allowed in California, Florida and Texas there will be no sports anywhere. An 8 game football season (until the season is cancelled) starting in October might be the best option right now unless that Hail Mary happens.

3rd and Renfrow***

Jul 14, 2020, 11:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No problem, just call Hunter Renfrow***

Jul 14, 2020, 11:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2020, 12:06 PM

These kind of article scare me to death. To think we might have seen Trevor Lawrence, Travis Etienne, Justyn Ross and several others play their last game just pierces the soul.

Jul 14, 2020, 12:46 PM

Well Ross is out for the season with an injury so he won't be playing games in the 2020 season regardless of what happens. I get what you're saying though, and it would be shameful to not get our 3rd year with Lawrence, but my heart breaks for ETN.

He could've gone into the NFL draft this year and most had him as a possible late 1st round pick, or somewhere in the 2nd round at worst. As even the last pick of the 1st round he would've been looking at a contract totaling over 10 million with a signing bonus of 5.3 million.

The middle of the 2nd round would've had a total contract between 6-7 million with a signing bonus between 2.4-3.1 million. Even going at the bottom of the 2nd round he would've seen a total contract between 4.5-5.9 million with a signing bonus between 1.35-2.33 million.

He instead wanted to enjoy his senior year in college and another season with his teammates trying to win a NC. He gave up all of that money to live the college dream for another year. Yeah, he'll still get drafted next year, but he would've given up a great deal of money to end up not playing and potentially not even on campus for classes. Those contracts are for 4 years btw, so the final pick of the 1st round would've paid him 2.5 million for this upcoming season in addition to his bonus, and a pick in the middle of the 2nd round would've earned him around 1.75 million this coming season.

Jul 14, 2020, 1:26 PM

Yeah i know that about Ross. Maybe i should've said Amari Rodgers. My point was after this year there could be a lot of decisions to go on to the NFL. I mean we're set up with one of the best rosters ever this year may not get to play a game with it

Jul 14, 2020, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN announcer says college football needs 3rd-and-long completion to have season ]

Yeah i know that about Ross. Maybe i should've said Amari Rodgers. My point was after this year there could be a lot of decisions to go on to the NFL. I mean we're set up with one of the best rosters ever this year may not get to play a game with it

ETN was not going 1st RD!

Jul 14, 2020, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN announcer says college football needs 3rd-and-long completion to have season ]

Well Ross is out for the season with an injury so he won't be playing games in the 2020 season regardless of what happens. I get what you're saying though, and it would be shameful to not get our 3rd year with Lawrence, but my heart breaks for ETN.

He could've gone into the NFL draft this year and most had him as a possible late 1st round pick, or somewhere in the 2nd round at worst. As even the last pick of the 1st round he would've been looking at a contract totaling over 10 million with a signing bonus of 5.3 million.

The middle of the 2nd round would've had a total contract between 6-7 million with a signing bonus between 2.4-3.1 million. Even going at the bottom of the 2nd round he would've seen a total contract between 4.5-5.9 million with a signing bonus between 1.35-2.33 million.

He instead wanted to enjoy his senior year in college and another season with his teammates trying to win a NC. He gave up all of that money to live the college dream for another year. Yeah, he'll still get drafted next year, but he would've given up a great deal of money to end up not playing and potentially not even on campus for classes. Those contracts are for 4 years btw, so the final pick of the 1st round would've paid him 2.5 million for this upcoming season in addition to his bonus, and a pick in the middle of the 2nd round would've earned him around 1.75 million this coming season.

1 RB got picked in the 1st RD. ETN was looking like a 3rd RD pick based on this year's draft results.

ETN ABSOLUTELY made the right decision. At worst, he's defaulted as one of the top RBs next year with less wear and tear on his frame.\

By golly, I do hope we get to see this Tiger team play if it can happen. I wanna see TL16, ETN, and the crew go buck wild this season.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2020, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN announcer says college football needs 3rd-and-long completion to have season ]

I have thought about Etienne and Trevor Lawrence perhaps playing their last down here, very sad. Hope it is not true. If you want to see them play, wear a mask!

College Football NEEDS a 4th & 16 BOOOOM !!!!

Jul 14, 2020, 12:19 PM

BOOOOM !!!!

null

looks like Chris likes to dip

Jul 14, 2020, 12:53 PM

Big pinch of Copenhagen going

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

allow the big guy in Washington

Jul 14, 2020, 1:28 PM

Decide whether we play or not, I guarantee the Donald would give a thumbs up. And I’ll say no more about this!!!!

Jul 14, 2020, 1:00 PM

This is an overreaction to a fading pandemic. Deaths per day are dropping and are now about 1/5 of their peak. https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/daily-covid-deaths-3-day-average?time=2020-02-21..

The disease will stick around and kill at flu like levels targeting the old and co-morbid.

Spot the #### ball, excuse the timid and fearful.

Deaths are rising in the South where CFB is played

Jul 14, 2020, 1:33 PM

The world is doing a great job at this. The USA is failing hard due to incompetent leadership.

We are the team loaded with talent that has a trash head coach...

oh yeah, that's it! Everyone is better because of their

Jul 14, 2020, 5:20 PM

leadership...ignorance as usual.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: oh yeah, that's it! Everyone is better because of their

Jul 21, 2020, 3:27 PM

Idk if you noticed, but having a good coaching staff is very important to team success.

i just dont see it..and going by trends

Jul 14, 2020, 4:30 PM

id wager places up north will see rises again in the fall and winter while down here it will level off...during this past winter northern places were in bad shape due to more people being in doors..now that its hot out many are indoors looking for ac in the places seeing massive surges now...i just dont see football again until we get a vaccine

ESPN announcer = nutritious as a head of lettuce

Jul 14, 2020, 5:19 PM

and just as smart

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Jul 14, 2020, 9:32 PM

Time for everyone to put on your 'Big Boy Pants', Make Your Own Decisions.

SARS-COVID-2 (Wuhan Virus) is bad ### and it is with us forever. The good news is it is mutating to survive making it less lethal. Broader in impact but less infectious. The likelihood of a preventative vaccine is low as this virus has already mutated multiple times. Developing a therapeutic vaccine treatment (like the influenza vaccine, works some of time and lessens the impact) is possible.
Everyone must be exposed and then re-exposed to the Wuhan Virus to develop antibodies with memory. It will find you if it has not already. Talk to your physician, have a treatment plan based on symptoms.

Like Influenza (the mortality rates are now lower than H1N1 for the Wuhan Virus in the US), everyone must be considerate of others but make their own decisions. The faster everyone is exposed (with a treatment plan in place) the quicker this bug will be a memory. It is aggressive enough that it will find all of us.

When we see someone testing positive on the team, we must pray for their health (like the rest of us and all the students) and realize this is a necessary step to move the panic behind us and the community of college football forward to celebrate fall. Heaven Knows We All Want and Need It!

Players, Staff, Fans, make your own decision to participate in the greatest spectacle in the United States of America, College Football. Spot the ball and play for those that consent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2020, 8:37 AM

Very, very well said!!!

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic