Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Big Miami tight end working on Clemson relationship, plans return for spring game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

TNET: Big Miami tight end working on Clemson relationship, plans return for spring game

Mar 22, 2019, 8:29 AM

Big Miami tight end working on Clemson relationship, plans return for spring game

Clemson's junior day attracted a high number of highly recruited prospects who were well known by Tiger recruiting enthusiasts. One visitor flying somewhat under that radar was 2020 tight end prospect Diego LaMonica (6-5 227) of Miami (FL) Gulliver Prep Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Big Miami tight end working on Clemson relationship, plans return for spring game

Mar 22, 2019, 10:32 AM

Everybody, just as sure they have a butt hole, they will have their own opinions also. Just one of my many opinions is that of what recruits say after they have made a visit to a school and have had that sit down with coaches, and have talked about what those coaches plans are for them if they were to sign with that school. I don't have any concerns of what coaches at other schools do, but our coaches should tell the guys that they are recruiting, to keep what they talk about to them to their selves bc if other coaches at other schools know that the recruit loved what the Clemson coaches said, they will say the very same thing without having any intentions on uses a recruit in the same way that maybe the Clemson coaches will. Just keep it their secret, and that will help them to prevent other coaches being a copy cat just to get their attention, and that also gives other coaches to make it sweeter by knowing what other coaches have said...

My saying for those situations has always been to never let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. Do that, and it can't plan to get in the way or put up a block!!! Never open your book around others if you don't want anybody else reading it. Keep what you know to your self, and it can't be used against you. There are hundreds of good useful sayings, but there is none no better than, think about what you're going to say before you say it bc, loose lips can cause you problems even with people you thought you could trust!!! 99% of the people that just read that, they have had that happen at least once in their life by people they believe they could trust!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Big Miami tight end working on Clemson relationship, plans return for spring game

Mar 22, 2019, 11:48 AM

I hear what you are saying. But the recruits always seem to say nice things after each visit, whether they plan on committing or not. So, I would take what they say with a grain of salt. Diego may love Clemson, but he may love some other places too, although I don't see why the latter would be true. ;)

Mar 22, 2019, 12:04 PM

It seems as though we keep finding jewels who merit an offer, almost all of whom are 4****. I have no idea where each one stands in the "take" order and who are the "fall back" guys. I tend to prefer the consensus higher rated recruits but some of the lower rated prospects may be a better fit for our program and may actually be a better talent than those rated higher. We can't complain when we see our coaching staff gain commitments from recruits who have made our program elite.

I readily admit that my seeing Clemson at the top of the recruiting rankings is similar to our being the national champion. It is cause for bragging and I have developed a taste for bragging.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2019, 6:53 PM

I hear you.

I admit that i worried a little--so I'm a fruitcake--because our DC has been attacking so aggressively for so many years without having great talent to work with. As we upgraded at each position, he didn't need to be as aggressive, but Dabo loves it, so we did. Now we are talented, and deep, all over the field, and we are still freaking attacking!! In the Natty BV showed what an attacking defense can do when we also have talent on the back end of the blitz in coverage. Yes, we gave up some plays, but we also blew up some others.

I also love the "coach'em up" attitude that Dabo has ingrained in our program. There is no one who is above learning, and it keeps everybody humble and hungry. The game itself is constantly being changed, so coaches and captains alike need to stay on the cutting edge.

Mar 25, 2019, 10:32 AM

Rw43 said:

I hear you.

I admit that i worried a little--so I'm a fruitcake--because our DC has been attacking so aggressively for so many years without having great talent to work with. As we upgraded at each position, he didn't need to be as aggressive, but Dabo loves it, so we did. Now we are talented, and deep, all over the field, and we are still freaking attacking!! In the Natty BV showed what an attacking defense can do when we also have talent on the back end of the blitz in coverage. Yes, we gave up some plays, but we also blew up some others.

I also love the "coach'em up" attitude that Dabo has ingrained in our program. There is no one who is above learning, and it keeps everybody humble and hungry. The game itself is constantly being changed, so coaches and captains alike need to stay on the cutting edge.

I love our attacking mode, especially when up by like two scores. However, I would prefer a better coverage safety as well. I love Muse, but he loves to come up to make a hit and people slip behind him. 250 of Bentley's yards were probably due to this.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic