Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TL16 and the Heisman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

TL16 and the Heisman

Feb 27, 2019, 12:16 PM

As good as TL16 is and as much as the media loved him in the CFP, it still wouldn't surprise me if Tua won the Heisman, no matter how well TL does this season. This is because they vote for the Heisman before the post-season and some vote during the season. Clemson QBs typically hit their stride in the CFPs b/c Dabo doesn't put the pedal to the metal during a lot of the reg season games. He'll give CB7 and others as much playing time as possible.

I'd love to see TL win the Heisman, but the way they run this stupid thing, it wouldn't at all surprise me if Tua wins. They seem to have a real love affair with him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TL16 and the Heisman

Feb 27, 2019, 1:18 PM

I understand what you're saying, but I respectfully disagree. As long as TL stays upright and healthy this season, the Heisman is his. After what he did to Alabama (and if we go undefeated this year...and let's be honest...who's gonna outscore this offense?), I just can't see anyone overtaking him.

Feb 27, 2019, 2:54 PM

Can they make the trophy have long hair coming out from underneath his helmet?

I disagree. This is a new era.

Feb 27, 2019, 1:27 PM

Tua had it "locked" last year also until Kyler Murray said hold my jock strap!

And unless you missed it. Once Trevor Lawrence took over and played full games. We blew the doors off of everyone for the last 10 games.This team has no problem with scoring.

Heisman will be Trevor for an early early safe prediction.

the Heisman is an ESPN trophy

Feb 27, 2019, 1:30 PM

Espn puts the games on tv..ESPN shows the highlights..ESPN talks on their shows about whatever they decide is important.

The. voters can only go by what they see and ESPN controls what they see.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Are you referring to sports?

Feb 27, 2019, 1:56 PM

^^^

Or political 'insight' from the media? Sounds pretty similar, regardless! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same deal.. only ESPN has a larger voice

Feb 27, 2019, 2:17 PM

And almost total control.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

here's a thought

Feb 27, 2019, 4:14 PM

lately, there's been bad karma for those that won the Heisman ...based on that (and there's been quite a track record the last 4-6 years), would you want T16 to still win?!

null

A lot of journalists from ESPN competitors are voters

Feb 27, 2019, 5:50 PM [ in reply to the Heisman is an ESPN trophy ]

Why is it an ESPN award?

Feb 27, 2019, 4:31 PM

I don't really understand the hate over the Heisman being decided before the bowls. I can't think of any major sport whose MVP award isn't a regular season award. If you wanted to count the CFP then why not just make the Heisman winner the best player on the NC team each year?

I do hate how we so often see players awarded with padding stats(Lamar Jackson) by still being in games up 30+ points in the 4th quarter, but it is what it is.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic