Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are we headed towards full free agency in CFB?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Are we headed towards full free agency in CFB?

May 17, 2018, 12:35 PM

First it was graduates who could transfer... then it was 'if sanctions are imposed'... now it's special circumstances... has no other player ever had a family crisis?

I dunno boys... NSD might be losing its excitement. I acknowledge it is a two way street... we can gain as well as lose... but what's so bad about one n' done in CBB is you just look at your guys as mercenaries. Who really has any special memory of or attachment to Kentucky basketball champs?

NCAA money sports have always been a "strange appendage" to universities as George Will said. Why doesn't IBM have a football team? Coca-Cola? When Mr. Clemson started a "seminary of higher learning", I'm doubtful he had any earthly idea of the monsters he and his fellow philanthropists were creating.

Maybe the gig is up for the NCAA, and "our guys" really aren't "our guys".... let's stay tuned.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are we headed towards full free agency in CFB?

May 17, 2018, 12:40 PM

Why should coaches be able to leave at any time (usually for ridiculous sums of money) but players be forced to stay?

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

So to answer your question...

May 17, 2018, 12:41 PM

Yes. We are headed towards free agency in college football.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

TL really doesn't look good in garnet

May 17, 2018, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Are we headed towards full free agency in CFB? ]

I'm not necessarily advocating one way or the other. I'm just saying if we're headed towards the day TL (or your next 5* QB) plays for you one year, and then against you the next year... that would indeed be a turn of the worm that many would object to and might affect fan allegiance, as well as the mother's milk of college sports - fans and their spending.

But.. maybe that's where we headed... I guess to some degree we're already there.. I think UGA fans might remember a former corner turned QB named Nick Marshall.

Re: Are we headed towards full free agency in CFB?

May 17, 2018, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Are we headed towards full free agency in CFB? ]

coaches have contracts and buyouts. They just can't go somewhere without penalty. If players are going to transfer year to year there needs to be some sort of contract and financial penalty to encourage them not to, for example if you leave for another school then your last year of scholarship is void and owe the school X amount of money.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic