Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why did DS keep TL in until the end of the game? I would...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Why did DS keep TL in until the end of the game? I would...

Nov 11, 2018, 5:24 PM

have thought he would have taken him out in the 4th quarter once it was sure we were going to win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought he was giving him more real game situations to

Nov 11, 2018, 5:26 PM

work. Gearing up for the stretch run.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe CDS thought he needed a little more experience?

Nov 11, 2018, 5:27 PM

Live Bullets?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because our offense had mostly sucked against

Nov 11, 2018, 5:31 PM

Re: Why did DS keep TL in until the end of the game? I would...

Nov 11, 2018, 5:34 PM

Why do you question Dabo?

Nov 11, 2018, 5:38 PM

Why would you take your starting qb out if the game isn’t a blowout? Also the offense only scored 20 points.

BC was a good defense.

Nov 11, 2018, 5:42 PM

When the opponents aren't playing well on defense there is no benefit to keeping Trevor on the field. Trevor is a freshman who has started only a half a dozen games. He's likely to be the only true freshman in the Playoff and he needs all the experience he can get against teams as good on defense as is BC.

BC threw a variety of defensive looks at him. Sometimes it appeared he didn't know whether to chit or go blind. He needs to be stress as much as possible by those situations for film study and help him build a real life frame of reference for what to do in similar situations.

If we're lucky our next couple opponents will try to emulate BC's defense in order to slow our offense down. With Trevor's learning curve continuing to be nearly vertical I expect he will handle them better and better.

Dabo doesn't want to run the score up on anyone unless the disrespect us. This season has been quite different than the last four or five. It seemed like nearly every conference game was a nail biter. It's different because we have a ton of freshman talent which needs experience and the only way to get them ready to win a NC is to keep them on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw a metric that BC's pass defense is the best

Nov 11, 2018, 5:49 PM

Clemson/Trevor has faced and will be the best until the playoffs.

Definitely confused TL many times.

Makes sense to get as much experience as possible for continued growth along with game film.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL needed to learn how to close out tight games in tough

Nov 11, 2018, 5:43 PM

circumstances. Last night was one of those. He wasn't special in that role but a lot to learn from looking back on that - film don't lie. Thought it was a good call on Dabo's part, as are they all.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BC’s defense is legit

Nov 11, 2018, 6:21 PM

and our OL did not play well. I don’t know what Anchrum’s problem was last night, but he was like a sieve. If he’s a starter then he needs to work harder and get better. TL is at risk with #73 in the game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Becase ESPN said the Tigers were "surviving"

Nov 11, 2018, 5:49 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Idiot-on-ESPN-just-said-Clemson-survives-Boston-College-Wthheck-1850556&ref=pop

Go Tiger5 AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Just to pi$$ off Eagles84.***

Nov 11, 2018, 5:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Nov 11, 2018, 6:16 PM

Addazio's defense is as tough as we'll play in the regular season and they don't quit. Dabo knew the BC defense would play just as hard down 20 as they would at kickoff. This was a great opportunity to make the starters play for four quarters.

He's played crappy defenses for the most part and needs

Nov 11, 2018, 6:55 PM

a LOT more practice against team that know how to tackle before he meets elephants in the championship game.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic