Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: ESPN's Pollack talks about next hire
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Football Update: ESPN's Pollack talks about next hire

Jan 12, 2012, 1:29 PM

ESPN's Pollack talks about next hire

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TITLE***

Jan 12, 2012, 1:30 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we could alwasy get Van Gorder...

Jan 12, 2012, 1:30 PM

After all, he's been at Auburn for like 2 or 3 days now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't disagree with the firing, but Dabo needs to reform

Jan 12, 2012, 1:59 PM

himself a little. Getting exciting and being passionate is great, but that doesn't mean we need the biggest emo clown in college football roaming our sideline. If Dabo can act a little more stoic, I think things will be fine. Our erratic team focus starts with the head guy.

Chad Morris is obviously an awesome hire. I believe Dabo will make another good hire... if we can afford one.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Money won't be an issue.***

Jan 12, 2012, 2:00 PM

Good.***

Jan 12, 2012, 2:01 PM

He needs to wear a tweed hat.***

Jan 12, 2012, 2:04 PM [ in reply to I don't disagree with the firing, but Dabo needs to reform ]

Total nonsense.***

Jan 12, 2012, 2:13 PM [ in reply to I don't disagree with the firing, but Dabo needs to reform ]

Re: I don't disagree with the firing, but Dabo needs to reform

Jan 12, 2012, 2:14 PM [ in reply to I don't disagree with the firing, but Dabo needs to reform ]

I wouldn't care if he painted his face up like a clown at every game, or every presser. Just win, that is the most important thing for me. And I'm sure that is the most important thing to Tiger Nation also....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you miss my point. The point is that the team's focus

Jan 12, 2012, 4:03 PM

is a huge factor in sustaining success. (Wins) The HEad Coach impacts heavily the team's focus. A coach who is all over the place emotionally can negatively impact a team's long-term focus. Dabo is all over the place emotionally. He needs to stop acting like one of us and say less every once in a while.

Re: I think you miss my point. The point is that the team's focus

Jan 12, 2012, 9:27 PM

I disagree.I think Dabo's excitement and exhuberance transfers to the players.I like a coach who is emotional.Danny was not a calm coach.

Coach of the Year

Jan 12, 2012, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't disagree with the firing, but Dabo needs to reform ]

I think I read where Dabo was named Coach of the Year-he must be doing something right!

Keep in mind Dabo is a GREAT recruiter.

Jan 12, 2012, 2:22 PM [ in reply to I don't disagree with the firing, but Dabo needs to reform ]

The emotion he displays is part of the reason. Recruits love that stuff.

Recruiting can't be our primary focus. Building a focused

Jan 12, 2012, 4:06 PM

team AND recruiting should both be important. Dabo's recruiting is not going to win games by itself. I'm not down-playing the obvious importance of recruiting, I'm just saying we can recruit well enough and not have to act like kids to do it.

Nick Saban recruits just fine.

And I'm just saying...

Jan 12, 2012, 5:01 PM

Dabo being more restrained and not showing his emotions would in no way make him a better coach, but it might negatively affect his ability to connect with recruits.

Dabo doesn't have the name that Saban does so he needs to use what God gave him to be successful. Maybe one day he'll be there, but until then...

The emotions are a part of Dabo. A very big part. Personally, I love a coach who shows that kind of energy and fight.

Jan 12, 2012, 2:23 PM [ in reply to I don't disagree with the firing, but Dabo needs to reform ]

Nothing I see implies that Steele was fired,sounded as though he was leaving for his own reasons.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are we paying him two years salary after he leaves? Clue.***

Jan 12, 2012, 4:07 PM

Re: Are we paying him two years salary after he leaves? Clue.***

Jan 12, 2012, 4:09 PM

I understand that he and the school negotiated any payments involved. It is neither zero nor the $1.3M his contract called for if he was fired.

So it is a renegotiated half-firing contract for him to save

Jan 12, 2012, 4:12 PM

face. I seriously doubt he is 100% deciding to leave on his own, thereby breaking his end of the contract, and then Clemson pays him money.

Jan 12, 2012, 4:05 PM [ in reply to I don't disagree with the firing, but Dabo needs to reform ]

Of all that the things that people don't like about Dabo. I don't understand people who think that he is too emotional and not as professional as they think a coach should be. I have a co-worker who is a SC fan, that constantly says Dabo is a joke because of they way he acts. But really, how he acts is the least of my worries if the team wins. Why do poeple think coaches shouldn't show emotion?

There is a gap between saying coaches should not show

Jan 12, 2012, 4:08 PM

emotion and what I am saying. I am saying Dabo shows expresses his emotions too much. You can express a lot of emotion and still do it less than Dabo. He has become a silly character nationally. His rant against Spurrier's supposed quote may get Clemson people fired up because they hate SCAR, but it shows Dabo doesn't have a good lock on his own mouth.

Re: There is a gap between saying coaches should not show

Jan 12, 2012, 4:16 PM

I guess we'll just have to disagree. I personally don't see how it negatively effects the program at all. In fact, I would like for Dabo, the other coaches, and the players to show more emotion when they lose. I want them to be mad and disappointed and show it. If you watch some of the videos after the loses, it looks like no one really cares that they lost.

Showing emotion does not always translate into success. Leading

Jan 12, 2012, 4:20 PM

and being good at what you do wins games. Now I think we agree that you need at least enough emotion to be motivated to succeed. Sometimes it helps to pump the adrenaline up in key moments... but to always be running on hyper-drive is not good for a football coach.

I think our disagreement is more how often and how much emotion is appropriate... because I'm not saying showing emotion is bad.

Jan 12, 2012, 4:06 PM [ in reply to I don't disagree with the firing, but Dabo needs to reform ]

Dabo can't change who he is. Those emotions contribute to his success as well as his failures. He will never be Tom Laundry. As he ages, though, I would expect the emotional swings to be less severe.

Everyone changes who they are. It's called learning and

Jan 12, 2012, 4:10 PM

growing. Everyone is supposed to learn from their faults and weaknesses and make attempts to improve. Anyone who refuses to change for the better is still a child.

Dabo will take a look at Saban's post-game field interview..

Jan 5, 2014, 3:20 PM [ in reply to I don't disagree with the firing, but Dabo needs to reform ]

...and take a lesson in professional demeanor.

I do NOT think that there will be ANY post-game, locker room dancing after victories next year!!

I DO NOT want to see Dabo making an a55 of himself on ESPN again next year as a dancin' fool in the locker room.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: Dabo will take a look at Saban's post-game field interview..

Jan 12, 2012, 4:12 PM

I'd like to see him dancing after every game. Sharing joy with your players is a good thing. Letting them see you celebrate for a day and then get back to business is also a good thing. Live is about having fun. If you don't get that, then I feel bad for you.

The problem with that mentality is that we will remain

Jan 12, 2012, 4:16 PM

inconsistant as long as Dabo seems so goofy. Some people look at how Dabo acts as a weakness. Even if you don't, in order to lead a bunch of young, testosterone-packed dudes, you have to be a leader and an anchor. Dabo is on the extreme end of emotional. While it has some benefits, it has some drawbacks too.

I'm not saying he should drop being emotional... just don't be so extreme all the time.

That is a very fair point!

Jan 12, 2012, 4:48 PM [ in reply to I don't disagree with the firing, but Dabo needs to reform ]

Dabo needs to get with Gene Stallings, his mentor, and practice this a bit! He needs to focus on a more even keeled approach to his coaching style so that the highs maybe won't be so high but the lows certainly won't be so low. Put that effort into focus and toughness! The team needs that.

"How we gonna run reform when we are the incumbent???"

Jan 12, 2012, 6:44 PM [ in reply to I don't disagree with the firing, but Dabo needs to reform ]

;)

haha nice***

Jan 12, 2012, 6:45 PM

IF

Jan 12, 2012, 2:05 PM

I heard Sandusky is looking for a job***

Jan 12, 2012, 7:04 PM

Re: I heard Sandusky is looking for a job***

Jan 12, 2012, 9:32 PM

I can't believe you even said that.It's not funny.Next time show you have some class and sense.

Yeah like anyone cares what he says. Please.***

Jan 12, 2012, 7:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic