Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TI Reporting Jamyest Williams will be at the cook out.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 6,102

TI Reporting Jamyest Williams will be at the cook out.

Jul 20, 2016, 12:05 PM

So we have not moved on it appears.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Its ti. Could mean the cook out on woodruff rd.***

Jul 20, 2016, 12:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Its ti. Could mean the cook out on woodruff rd.***

Jul 20, 2016, 12:07 PM

Tigerillustrated

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: TI Reporting Jamyest Williams will be at the cook out.

Jul 20, 2016, 12:22 PM

Seldom Used Reserve had this yesterday as well. Interested to see where this ends up

Jul 20, 2016, 12:39 PM

Our DB recruiting has been very fluid. At this point, I don't know who we'll end up with.

Could this mean Orte is not coming ?

Jul 20, 2016, 12:43 PM

I ask because, they've said they won't take another WR in this class if Ortre doesn't commit,could be taking an extra DB?

Re: Could this mean Orte is not coming ?

Jul 20, 2016, 12:51 PM

Doubt it.

Re: Could this mean Orte is not coming ?

Jul 20, 2016, 12:57 PM

What's your read on OrTre?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I'm not Tiger Woods but I think Otre wants to be a Tiger but

Jul 20, 2016, 1:37 PM

He's questioning his ability to get playing time particularly early in his career here. He lacks an elite skill set to be a major factor at WR for us right away. However, he does have a big body and could transition nicely into a pass catching TE or Safety for us down the line. If he goes to SCar, he basically become the number 1 or 2 guy at WR the moment he steps on campus. Does he want to be the man right away or is he willing wait his turn to possibly be the man later while fighting off the other elite players we have at the position?

I'm not a coach, but I could see Ortre playing early,

Jul 20, 2016, 1:40 PM

stepping into Leggett's shoes, if he wasn't so set on playing WR.I think this is where the staff was recruiting him before they backed off of Robinson.

Re: I'm not Tiger Woods but I think Otre wants to be a Tiger but

Jul 20, 2016, 1:47 PM [ in reply to I'm not Tiger Woods but I think Otre wants to be a Tiger but ]

guess you watched different film that me. ortre is a stud. if he wants to be a tiger and we want him to be a tiger, he will be a tiger. he aint no backseater.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not Tiger Woods but I think Otre wants to be a Tiger but

Jul 20, 2016, 1:56 PM

I feel Ortre Smith is a better, faster version of Q Davis from Gaffney. Kid had a great career for NC. Just like in basketball every player don't have to be a superstar. You need role players that accept certain roles. Ortre could be a great end zone target and 3rd target similar to Jaron Brown but I think Ortre can be better. There are teams he would play that he could def go over the top against. We got 2 decision makers in Amari and Tee now we need that lunch pale WR that gonna make big clutch plays and imo ortre fits that bill.

OrTre looks elite to me.

Jul 20, 2016, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm not Tiger Woods but I think Otre wants to be a Tiger but ]

Clemson needs to keep the gas to the pedal to land this kid.

Sorry you dropped out of the PGA Tiger

Jul 20, 2016, 3:19 PM

You were really good for a long time. I hope you continue to post on this board about recruits.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry you dropped out of the PGA Tiger

Jul 20, 2016, 3:32 PM

8 years since your last Major is just too long. You got caught up in this high school recruitment stuff and put your rehab on the back burner. The football analysis is insightful but your real fans want to see you back on the golf course!

Jul 20, 2016, 3:48 PM

Who even intitially reported we were moving on?

Hood himself even mentioned we backed off***

Jul 20, 2016, 3:52 PM

Jul 20, 2016, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Re: TI Reporting Jamyest Williams will be at the cook out. ]

Everybody.

My guess is

A. Jamyest asked to be recruited still and wants to be a Tiger.

B. Jamyest is trolling.

C. Clemson asked and he is giving a courtesy visit before he commits to the ####$.

Which one...don't know. Everyone is sitting around scratching their heads.

Jul 20, 2016, 4:37 PM

SCar is recruiting him the hardest and I think he genuinely likes T-Rob and is intrigued by the opportunity to be the face of that defense, but it just feels like this has always been a two-horse race between us and UGA. I think he's just flirting with the idea of going to SCar, and even if he does commit to them in the next month, I wouldn't be surprised to see him back off that pledge come late fall when they're scratching and clawing their way to a 5-win season and the reality of their situation sets in (similar to Fields). I think Dabo, Reed, V, etc. will give it to him point blank this weekend, because numbers are getting tight, so if he wants in, he better hurry up and get in before that door closes.

Jul 20, 2016, 6:08 PM

Good assessment.

Jul 20, 2016, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: TI Reporting Jamyest Williams will be at the cook out. ]

Choice B and C would be tough to understand, if indeed that was the case.

Especially with Mickey Conn now on staff with Dabo.

Why just mess around with visits and trolling?

I think he wants to be a Tiger, but keeping all options open with the visit to Columbia next day.

It's not clear to me whether it's the staff or the recruit who is slowing things down.

I can understand if it's the staff, as AJT is clearly the more coveted prospect and maybe the better fit.

If it's Williams slow balling things, then I frankly don't see the staff putting up with a whole lot more.

Nevertheless, wish there was a way to bring both, as numbers aside, Terrell and J Williams probably have more upside than Ryan Carter / Marcus Edmonds, especially if they come in as mid year enrollees.

What about his brother Jamyer?

Jul 20, 2016, 4:12 PM

I hear he's not as Jamy as Jamyest, but should still be pretty good.

I still hope we land Terrell***

Jul 20, 2016, 5:36 PM

Replies: 22
| visibility 6,102
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic