Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
THis guy is pretty sure things will settle down with
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

THis guy is pretty sure things will settle down with

May 22, 2012, 11:37 PM

the ACC holding together.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=571441

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with the logic. Marketing is the answer***

May 22, 2012, 11:49 PM

Thank heaven we have stable minds.. Where's York Tiger & his

May 23, 2012, 12:00 AM

little lapdogs that listen to his "its done" banter.

Re: Thank heaven we have stable minds.. Where's York Tiger & his

May 23, 2012, 12:32 AM

You sound like a tarhole...no wonder you want to stay in the ACC so badly. Don't let us lapdogs #### on your loafers!

He can't help it...

May 23, 2012, 8:14 AM

he used to be a yankee

I keep seeing that FSU is "in the hole" with their athletic

May 23, 2012, 12:21 AM

department budget. What I saw was $1M - $2M. Certainly not chump change, what is it as a percentage of their whole budget? Probably just a few percetage points. I highly doubt this is the reason they want out of the ACC, as some of our media friends have suggested. They can make up that money simply by canning the swimming and diving program, just ask TDP.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

They broke even this past year and are cutting next years

May 23, 2012, 12:53 AM

budget by 2%. They outspend Clemson by $17 million. They do not have financial problems. That's nonsense, just like people saying we can't afford better coaches, etc., despite IPTAY sitting on $41 million and the new ESPN contract more than doubling what we were getting, plus almost finished paying off TB, and Barker's AD tax. People would rather delude themselves with excuses than accept the truth --- Barker and our admin have held us back and we have not been getting the kind of coaches we need to be truly successful.

Re: I keep seeing that FSU is "in the hole" with their athletic

May 23, 2012, 8:39 AM [ in reply to I keep seeing that FSU is "in the hole" with their athletic ]

I read the reason FSU had a shortfall was WV canceled their game next year because of their move to the big 12. Therefore, FSU had to replace it it with Savannah st. The anticipated lack of attendance resulting from the replacement will cost them 1-2 million.

Great Post! Sanity Rules!***

May 23, 2012, 12:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Number of TV sets???

May 23, 2012, 4:30 AM

That map means jack squat when the tv sets in those regions don't give a rats ### about college football. The SEC dominates because overall they have the best matchups which creates the most drama. That map only means something for NFL, MLB, NBA....not college football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

The Big East proves the fallacy of the # of TVs argument.***

May 23, 2012, 6:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Exactly which begs the question of why this idea of

May 23, 2012, 7:33 AM

new television markets takes on such importance rather than the brand. We hear the SEC wants those additional sets in DC and Northern Virginia hence the interest in VT. If they really understood the market they would know that the interest in college football in that area is very low. New York, Mass. and Pennsylvania should be bonanzas for the ACC since we got Syracuse, Pitt and BC but they aren't. I think the television set argument is very flawed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe a year ago this would have meant something

May 23, 2012, 8:17 AM

The new contract with the ACC/ESPN sucks and the Big XII and SEC are getting ready to renew their contracts. The $$$ gap between us and USuCk and FSU and Fl is about to grow exponentially.

You also have to factor in the love fest between the SEC/ESPN the ACC will never be on equal footing for football no matter who we add. Supposedly Swofford had a chance to poach the Big XII but elected to go with Pitt/Cuse instead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow...a random poster can upload images, he must be right***

May 23, 2012, 8:41 AM

The HUGE flaw in his point-of-view is:

May 23, 2012, 8:43 AM

Some of those dark places on his map don't have a high percentage of college football fans in them.

Sure, you have 10 million TV sets in NYC - but what percentage of them tune into college footabll?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic