Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
THOUGHTS ON TODAY'S PERFORMANCES...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,320

THOUGHTS ON TODAY'S PERFORMANCES...

Apr 8, 2017, 9:50 PM

DEFENSE - Pick your player, pick your team, all I can say is WOW. Very impressed with most of the defense, as I expected to be. The corners and safeties were the real surprise today. I thought they looked very good, much better than I expected. Making great adjustments to the receiver's moves and to the ball. Thought this might be a big concern going into this season, but I'm feeling much better now. If the offense can move the ball consistently and not put the defense in trouble, this will be a TOP 10 defense for sure. Defensive line and linebackers, well, I pity the other teams that play against them this year.

OFFENSE - I was hoping to see Bryant pass better, but I understand he hurt his finger in his throwing hand. Both he and Cooper ran the ball well. The big surprise was Israel. To me, he looked the most confident and poised of all the QBs. Quit with the "size" crap, the man can play ball. Ask Renfro how much size matters. Cain had his moments during the last two seasons, but too many times he didn't make a play for the ball. Today was no different. A couple of drops right in his hands and a few he should have caught if he had gone up with a little more authority. Hope he's not thinking he's a lock for that position. He better get it together before the rest of this class gets here because I think Tee Higgins will show him how it's done real quickly!
The offensive line had some good blocks and several busted ones. Tough to grade going against a defense like we have, but you can be assured they'll all be much better by the start of the season.

Just my opinions, but I'd like to hear some others.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: THOUGHTS ON TODAY'S PERFORMANCES...

Apr 8, 2017, 10:11 PM

I think that you and I watched the same game today. I was pleasantly surprised by the play of the corners and safety's. That was perhaps my biggest concern as a fan of the defense. We are in good shape there.

I thought that Israel was the most comfortable quarterback on the field. I saw very little about his play that deeply concerns me. Bryant on the other hand did not impress me at all with anything except his ability to scramble. I didn't know he was hurt until after the game so it would be unfair to be overly critical. This summer will tell the tale of the QBs. Don't count Tucker out of the picture!

Feaster impressed me a lot also. He is much faster than I ever imagined. I really would like to see him get the ball in the open field more. He really isn't a between the tackles kind of runner. He may be one of the all time big recruits for the Tigers if he continues to develop. He and White on the field together would be a dream come true for me!

Kicking and special teams may be the best in years.

A QB like DW 4 is all we need. lol

ditto...esp dbs and Israel. A few bad decisions, but over all very impressive***

Apr 8, 2017, 10:16 PM

Apr 8, 2017, 10:16 PM

There's a huge difference between a 5'10" QB and a 5'10" WR.

Renfrow's route running is about the best I've ever seen. He's fast and can catch anything.

Israel is good. Renfrow is special. Don't confuse the two.

Apr 8, 2017, 10:29 PM

I'll tell Doug Flutie the next time I see him!

Eddie Lebaron too!

Apr 9, 2017, 5:37 AM [ in reply to Re: THOUGHTS ON TODAY'S PERFORMANCES... ]

You're being ridiculous in support of your argument. Tucker Israel ain't no Doug Flutie. I'll make your argument better for you by saying you should have said you'll tell Drew Bree's.

Besides, the game has changed immensely in 35 years. Israel will be 4th string come September...unless one of the others transfers.

Apr 9, 2017, 8:06 AM

Reading comprehension not one of your strong suits? You were suggesting SIZE, not me. I said nothing about the skills of Israel in comparison to anyone else. I'm sure Israel has been told by many that he is still small to be a QB.
Just as Renfro has I'm sure.

Spot on.***

Apr 8, 2017, 11:18 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,320
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic